breakfast ideas....

Options
Hello all and happy new year. Im new here, I was just wondering if anyone has any good breakfast ideas? Since im not a breakfast person... Thankyou

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast food. I actually dislike all "breakfast foods".
  • shortnsweetbb
    Options
    I have a toasted English muffin with peanut butter almost every day! Love it! :) (I just found the honey wheat English muffins and they are my favorite!!!)
  • ReadyToBeMeAt160
    ReadyToBeMeAt160 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i'm a big fan of oatmeal or fruit - big on the holiday-esque harry & davids pears lately
  • busiacaldwell
    Options
    It would seem refined sugar is my biggest bugaboo. I try to have it not listed in the 1st 5 ingredients. I know I consume too many carbs so breakfast is a good time for me to do protein and fruit and save my starches for later. Don't eat anything you don't like.
  • jweindruch
    jweindruch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my favorites:

1. Coconut Milk Yogurt - add either ground flax, blueberries, chia, or cocoa nibs to change it up
    2. Banana
    3. Apple
    4. Think thin crunch bars (or any granola/protein bar you like)
    5. Whole grain cereal with soy milk
    6. Pita and Hummus or Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
    7. Fresh squeezed juice, coffee, green tea

I try to keep all of this on hand and just mix and match whatever I feel like when I wake up. If i'm not that hungry I might even just have a liquid and grab a late morning snack when I'm more hungry. Listen to you body...
  • Haskin_Fuzernick
    Haskin_Fuzernick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Are you running to work in the morning, or do you have some time to do it up right? That'll no doubt impact the recommendations you get.

I wasn't a breakfast person until a couple of years ago. Now that I'm used to it, I can't imagine doing what I used to (sometimes go until dinner w/o eating).

I love eggs, so I do all kinds of different things with those. This morning, two whole eggs, and two egg whites with 2 tbs homemade salsa whipped in. Quick thing on the stove.

I used to have to run out first thing in the morning, so if I was running behind I'd crack an egg in a small glass bowl and microwave (not for too long or it EXPLODES! Not fun.). Toss on an english muffin and run.

Whole rolled oats (I like Red Mill), almond vanilla milk, unsweetened. Microwave for 1:40. Toss in some stevia, frozen blueberries or whatever fruit you have, and go. It's hearty, tastes nothing like that packaged garbage (good thing, imo), and pretty healthy. I've done similar with Quinoa -- just gets more pasty in my opinion.
  • FreedomSand
    FreedomSand Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal - I use the Quaker One Minute. I buy frozen blueberries, blackberries and cherries in the frozen food section of the grocery store -- just fruit, no sugar added. Put some berries in the bottom of the bowl, add the cooked oatmeal from the pan. The fruit thaws AND cools down the oatmeal!
  • pamjames1959
    pamjames1959 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take multigrain waffles & add a 1/2 cup of cinnamon applesauce. Delicious & low fat/calories. It also stays with you.
    A slice of toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Nutritious & not too calorie laden.
    I also like cream of wheat with maple brown sugar.
    Frosted mini wheats with 1% milk.
    All of these stay with you until lunch.
    All are under 200 calories. You can add fruit with these if these are not enough.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    It varies:

Bacon n eggs, smoothies, bacon, cold cereal, bacon, peanut butter n honey toast with bacon, pancakes n bacon, and sometimes left over supper but, mostly, bacon :smile:

Great luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I eat:
    scratch made waffles
    eggs and bacon
    oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon
    eggs/turkey sausage/on english muffins
    Cereal and Milk
    Cinnamon Raisin bagels with peanut butter and drizzled with honey
    Donuts and Chocolate Milk (Cake donuts with varying toppings)
    scratch made pancakes with pecans and maple syrup
    Sometime plain old Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches with a glass of cold milk....

This is a few of the things I make but not limited to, sometimes it has less to do about breakfast items and could be leftovers from the night before or whatever I am hungry for.....
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    1. Combine in a resalable container: 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 2 Tbl chia seeds, 1 cup almond milk, 6 oz. plain nonfat greek yogurt, 2-3 packets sweetener. Put in the fridge overnight. Add 2-3 strawberries before eating.

2. Steel cut oatmeal, 1/4 of a banana, walnuts

3. Scrambled eggs, 1/4 of an avocado, cherry tomatoes

4. Cottage cheese w/ avocado, multi-grain English muffin

5. Multi-grain English muffin w/ almond butter and sliced bananas

Those are a few of my go to breakfasts.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hello all and happy new year. Im new here, I was just wondering if anyone has any good breakfast ideas? Since im not a breakfast person... Thankyou

what do you mean exactly?

1) you do not like eating in the morning?
    2) you do not like conventional breakfast foods?
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Bacon
    Eggs, fried, boiled, scrambled, poached, etc
    Full fat Greek yogurt, sprinkled with pumpkin and sunflower seeds
    Coffee with cream
    Sausage
    Minute steak
    Avocado slices
    Ricotta
    Leftovers from diner
  • mamawantsanewdress
    Options
    How about breakfast burritos? Quick and easy! I also like bacon so how about a bacon mcmuffin? (muffin, 1 whole egg and bacon) I like fruit too. Sometimes I'll take a smoothie and freeze it, take it to work & let it sit out to thaw and as a mid morning snack it's great! Just shake it up and yum.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    1 quart water, 1 5000mcg B-12 pill, that's it for me. Intermittent Fasting and my schedule doesn't allow for breakfast.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options

what do you mean exactly?

1) you do not like eating in the morning?
    2) you do not like conventional breakfast foods?

This....

and just in case it's a time issue - my go to breakfast when I'm in a rush is a scoop of protein powder, tbs flaxseed, hot coffee - sweetener of choice - mix well - drink in car. Sort of a protein latte :) If I don't eat that - I'm all over the place with my choices, and I usually sleep late anyway so sometimes it's lunch instead of breakfast for me :)

If you don't like eating in the morning - don't. There's no law.

If you don't like conventional breakfast foods - eat something else. Again, there's no law.

If you just don't generally eat breakfast but are interested in changing that - I see lotsa good ideas posted! Have a couple "crap I'm late" plans and some Sunday morning slow day ideas in mind as you work this out.
  • MollMoll821
    MollMoll821 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a morning eater so I tend to stick to smoothies or something like an overnight GF oats or chia pudding.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats, but today and yesterday have been Xmas pudding with Greek yoghurt.
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much whatever I feel like and don't do the "breakfast food" requirement. Wasn't hungry this am before work so I didn't eat yet, now that break is coming up I will grab something. I have an apple and cheese with me, but also have sausage and cereal, and then I even have some soup and chicken chow mein. Yay for getting the work fridges back! I also keep an "emergency" protein shake here, just 1 measured scoop of powder I can mix if I need to. I take that back home if I don't use it and then do so later when I work out.

Usual breakfast at home, depends on what I feel like. Might be eggs, might be chicken.... Haven't quite found a chicken scramble yet but I'm sure If I had one that'd be in there too! I like my pancakes and waffles or steel cut oats with stewed apples or raisins. Don't have oats as much since I cut carbs but still eat them now and again. There's a lot you can do really!