30 Day Log In Challenge.

Options
I know there are tons of new people who are looking to start off on the right start. Here is the Challenge, log every Calorie and Exercise for the next 30 days. It doesn't matter if you meet your goal for net calories or exercise, what matters is you create the habit of keeping up with your daily activities that may lead to reaching your future goals.

Come here every day and share your success, complain whatever you want.

Replies

• DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I will go first with the Introduction:
    I am 30 year old weight loss failure. I spent nearly 5 years maintaining my weight and then this fall I threw in the towel. I work a job in retail that TAKES all of my time. The schedule is constantly changing so establishing a is nearly impossible. In November I did a quick two week experiment to see if I could make working out and logging work with my present job, and it did work! Why did I quit then.....Thanksgiving through New years happened. Unfortunately my resolve to maintain my weight went out the window too, I gained A LOT of weight.
    I told my self once the Holidays were over I would go back to my experiment and this time Challenge MFP to simply logging every day for 30 days.

Starting weight: 185
    Short term Goal Weight: 170 (where I was just 2 months ago)
    Log Term Goal Weight: 130

Starting Fitness: Cannot Run more than 2 minutes without going out of breath
    End Fitness: Run a 5K in 30 minutes

Denise
  • zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I am in...
    I have joined this site a long time back...but was not very sincere but now this time my goal is to log in everyday without fail whether I have a good day or a bad day..... and keep watch on my intake...
    feel free to add me...:flowerforyou:
  • beckanai
    Options
    I sort of fell off the wagon again in August, after making so much progress and actually gained some back! Finally, back on track and eating better. This challenge is perfect!
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    Thank you ladies for joining my challenge.
    I think the hardest part for me is taking the extra minute to measure and portion my food. I hae learned over the years if I actually portion out my food I am more likely to log it.

I didn't exercise today.
  • CoreyJBooth
    Options
    Count me in! This will give me that little extra motivation to ensure I log EVERYTHING!
    Everyone feel free to add me! :)
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    Thanks Corey for Taking the Challenge. At the end of the month you will see just how much EVERYTHING is. I have learned through the years keeping things on paper when I don't have MFP handy really helps.
  • lastchancedance89
    lastchancedance89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea. I also joined the site a while back because I really liked the idea of tracking progress to increase accountability. Unfortunately, I wasn't very consistent. I'm in for the challenge and anyone is free to add me! Definitely looking for people to stay motivated with. Good luck everybody :wink:
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am back to my starting weight after losing almost 20 pounds. I fell from the wagon, HARD!
  • rmellinger17
    rmellinger17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I do log on daily but logging my food diary is another story. I find it difficult at times to log what I have eaten and I would like to become more accountable!

Please feel free to add me as a friend also!
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in for tracking everything. I don't know if I can make it back to the website everyday but I track religiously on the app daily... Add me & let's track together!
  • angiedwill
    angiedwill Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!! I just joined MFP again tonight. I desperately need a support system to keep me going. I know new years resolutions for me usually fly right out the window pretty quickly. I don't want that to happen this time. I need help.

Now for my check in:

Today's weight: 195 (my scale stopped working so this is a guess...probably over that)
    Short term goal weight:185...slow and steady
    Mid term goal weight: 175 (depending on how I look to myself I'll move on)
    Long term goal weight: 160

First day of food and exercise log: AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it made me realize what I need to do to make things better for me!

LET'S DO THIS!!!
  • beckanai
    Options
    No exercise and a bad food day, but at least i'm getting back in there! This is such a great idea!
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I need all the support I can get!!!
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I hate that I "cheat" on logging food, skip reporting all the bad stuff, and lie to myself. Who's it hurting?! Only me. Thanks for starting the challenge.
  • Tffanie4712
    Options
    I'm game!!!! I'm 25 Years old I'm a vegan I been trying to get the last 10lbs off forever. I'm a cardio junkie. I started insanity and completed it, but I feel like if I wasn't eating and laying down I would have had the body desire.I eat sometimes when I get bored.This will definitely be motivation for me to do better....So let's do this! !!
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    Welcome to everyone who has joined. Feel free to add me. We can make it 30 days. The goal is logging everything for the rest of the month.
  • zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Hey friends...Can we make a group for this challenge??? It will be more easier to be in touch...
    What say people???:smile:
  • Kingacat
    Options
    Count me in! I need routine and keeping on track.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I'll join in. :)

I've been on mfp for several years as a way to be accountable with my food. I am an emotional binger and a huge foodie. I am a pretty consistent at logging in, but I just got back from a 10 day long break after 805 days. I needed that break but now I need to get back to it. Logging food has become hit or miss and I need to be more consistent.

Feel free to add me.
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    me in a nutshell !!! not been logging for a while ...will be here 3 years in a couple weeks and had been maintaining BUT have gained over the holidays and need this ...thanks !!!