Why Do You Want to be Thinner/Healthier?

Options
13»

Replies

• Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    To be a good example for my 2 girls
    To live long and healthy
    To push away potential problems like heart disease, diabetes, high blodd pressure, etc
    To feel sexy
    To wear any clothes I want
    To wear high heels comfortably
    To feel more comfortable with exercices such as running or doing a Spartan Race
    To feel happy in front of a camera
    To feel attractive all over and not just my face
    To feel proud of myself
    To fit comfortably in any chair (and not being afraid of it breaking under my weight!)
    To feel normal
    To feel different when someone is looking at me (not judging me on my weight)
    To not be asked if I am pregnant anymore
    To feel in control of my eating habits and my weight
    To be happy to meet someone from my past and not want to hide
    To be the best wife I can be physically, emotionally and sexually
    To feel more confident
    To not think about my weight/size all the time
    To stop being ashamed of my pictures even when I thought I looked great that night...
    To attract differents people in my life (?)
    To, maybe, pursuit a different career in fitness

.... and many more.
  • jendsantos
    Options
    To be able to keep up with my active 4 year old son. As well as be a good role model for him and teach him the importance of activity as opposed to being a couch potato.

Mainly to look good, and be able to shop without feeling awful that something doesn't look good on me because I'm overweight.

Finally, to actually feel good about myself, gain more confidence and not dread being in pictures.
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Purely for health reasons. I have xanthelasmas under my eyes, my grandfather had them above his eyes and he died of a massive heart attack. I don't know if I can change my destiny, but I'm going to give it my best shot!
  • mat136
    mat136 Posts: 35
    Options
    yes I want to be thin and powerful at the same time
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Mine is so I can look the way I want to look.. Purely for myself. But also a big middle finger to anyone that has doubted me or made me feel awful.

Something like that! At start, it was purely a matter of looking goog in sexy clothes. I didn't know how much better I would FEEL; but I welcomed it with open arms. I'll say aesthetic is the motivation and well being is the reward
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I care less, what other people think or say about me. I am very strict with myself and hate looking fat. It starts looking in the mirror and seeing fat hanging out everywhere. Disgusting. For me, skinny is attractive, fat not.
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    So I can defeat Kim Jong Un in hand to hand combat and unite north and south korea.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Be around for my kids and to be a good example for them.
    And clothing choices. Skinny people have much more choices! :)
  • lambchoplewis
    Options

1. I fit into my old clothes again.
    2. I'm running again.
    3. I don't balk over being weighed at my physical.
    4. Finding better stress responses to replace stress-eating gives me more peace of mind.

These are my exact reasons!!! We can do this!!
  • PaulaRicco
    PaulaRicco Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I want to be the best version of myself that I can be. I no longer spend my life wishing and hoping - I spend my life doing!