30 Day Log In Challenge.

Replies

• deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    bump
  • newnarelle
    newnarelle Posts: 40 Member
    Ok, I am in. Second day back and although I have been ill the last 2 days, and even worse today, I still forced myself to keep going no matter what and have been adding some exercise in, food needs improvement. But logging things does help keep you on track, you can easily forget how many calories the sneaky chocolates or iceblocks (sore throat and super hot so had 3 today lol). Also good to see how many calories it takes to burn that *kitten* off, so you start contemplating is this chocolate worth a 30 min run? LOL I also have been looking through the blogs for extra motivation. Best of luck to you all, and remember as long as you keep going no matter how many times you slip up, you cant fail. Failure is when you give up, and even that only has to be temporary xx
  • 1980laurav
    1980laurav Posts: 3 Member
    What a fab idea - count me in.

Thanks for posting this - just the kick up the *** I need :wink:
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Count me in! I was doing well on the weight loss wagon, then I got pregnant, had my little girl 8 weeks ago, and now I am ready to finish this journey.
  • SusieWhits
    SusieWhits Posts: 3 Member
    I am in. I make excuses on why I cant track my food; like I am too busy... I will check in tonight to post how I did today.
  • kitty13168
    kitty13168 Posts: 3 Member
    In.

CW: 135

HW:175
    GW: 105-125 ???

not bothered about the number in the long run, just lower my BF percentage, eat clean, healthy and intuitively & build/maintain lean muscle mass.

At the minute my BF % is around 25-30, i want it much lower.

I'm training for a trip in april which will involve skating 40 ish miles/day for 7 days, i have problems with my back/joints so need to get my strength back up fast.

i have been maintaining around 22-25% body fat & 125-132lbs for months til xmas came and screwed everything back up.

never felt so disgusting, my muscle id gained is now flabby & useless buried away, very annoyed as id worked very hard to healthily lose fat this past yr or so ... feel back to square one.

hardest part is getting retrained to not be addicted to eating/junk etc - compulsive eater at times

so support/accountability etc much needed!

not exercised in about 3 wks & not restricted eating at all or logged it really ...

intend to get back to running at LEAST 1 mile/day & weight training in the gym 5x/wk
  • t_welch11
    t_welch11 Posts: 52 Member
    Joining in :) I have been on MFP for a few years now and haven't been very consistent. Love the 30 day challenge ideas for logging and other challenges! I am a 29 yr old mother of 4. Recently added our 4th this past June :)

CW 240
    GW 150ish

looking more for getting my BF% in a healthy range and feeling better rather than a number on a scale!
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Congratulations to each and every one of you for taking the challenge. I have sent everyone a friend request and accepted those b that have been sent by you.
    I will be closing the thread to new comers tonight. If you have a friend who needs extra motivation and them on over to sign up.
  • sophiera
    sophiera Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in for a group challenge! It will be sure to help me stay on track :)

My goal is to be able to run a 5k without stopping. I can barely run for 5 minutes right now.
  • Thanks Corey for Taking the Challenge. At the end of the month you will see just how much EVERYTHING is. I have learned through the years keeping things on paper when I don't have MFP handy really helps.

I 'd like to join your challenge! I need to be consistent and finish what I start! I don't use MFP to log in my cals but use paper and pen. I could add my totals to quick cals if that would work?
  • jacob_423
    jacob_423 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm in, I already set this as a personal goal anyway, so I might as well work at it with a bunch of other people. I have logged my food off and on for a while, but always used livestrong.com...MFP is way better. Anyone who wants to add me fell free, I'll take all the support I can get. This going to be a long process.
  • This is perfect! I'm in. I had my third child two years ago and am still struggling with 20-25 lbs. I'm up 5 from this summer even! It's 95% stress eating/drinking for me. I have done ww in the past with lots of success, but I don't want to pay for a monthly subscription anymore. Going to try and do it on my own with this site. Looking forward to making some progress!
  • I'd like to be in too! I'm 26 and would like to loose 20 pounds! I was on the MFP wagon last year and fell off, but I'm ready to get on track. I actually kind of like working out, eating well is my biggest issue!!!! I notice when I eat right, I feel so much better and can actually see changes in my body. Let's do it!!!!
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Thanks Corey for Taking the Challenge. At the end of the month you will see just how much EVERYTHING is. I have learned through the years keeping things on paper when I don't have MFP handy really helps.

I 'd like to join your challenge! I need to be consistent and finish what I start! I don't use MFP to log in my cals but use paper and pen. I could add my totals to quick cals if that would work?

That would work
  • Iwannabek8
    Iwannabek8 Posts: 1 Member
    I'd like to join! I have slowly been gaining weight over the past year and it's time for that to stop!

Current weight : 192
    Short term goal : 180 (by March 1)
    Long term goal : 160
  • ChikFitness
    ChikFitness Posts: 13 Member
    I'd like to join in on this! I've been trying to log everyday anyway so may as well!

I'm 21 years old, just finishing up my business degree and would like to lose 25 + pounds this year to make myself healthier and happier! I just got a fit bit tracker and hope this will also motivate me to get moving and this semester find some time to get my nose out of the books!
  • 78bils
    78bils Posts: 3 Member
    Count me in. I fell off the wagon about 9 months ago and need a kick in the pants to get back on. Thanks.
  • Iratherbefit1
    Iratherbefit1 Posts: 20 Member
    count me in :)

@Denise, try the c25k app
  • Thanks Corey for Taking the Challenge. At the end of the month you will see just how much EVERYTHING is. I have learned through the years keeping things on paper when I don't have MFP handy really helps.

That would work

Great! FR sent.
  • osuhmiller
    osuhmiller Posts: 5 Member
    I am joining this initiative. After being on steroids, going from 110-250 lbs 7 years ago, I have lost the majority of the weight. I am stuck in this 15-20 lb plateau in which I will be working at aggressively to overcome. I am going to walk an hour a day and plan on adding in strength and more cardio as I get back into the swing of things. My long term goal is 130 lbs.
    Thanks!