Where do you get your sports bra?

Options
13»

Replies

• pinky6767
    Options
    i'm a 32 F. So, i need lots of support ! theres a sport bra by lulu lemon called the tata tamer !! And it holds me in and holds me firm:other than that , its hard to find something to fit a larger chest tightly. Under armer would be good if they made larger cup sizes. hope this helps.:flowerforyou:
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like my moving comfort bras. I have the Fiona for zumba and things like that and then I have one that has an under-wire that I use when I run.
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I buy Nike, the high impact ones. I haven't found any others that work quite as well. They're pricey, but the outlet store has them a little cheaper. They also last a long time. The champion ones are pretty good too, they just don't handle wear and tear quite as well.

ETA: I run and do CrossFit - the amount of support really varies based on what you're doing.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    The Juno and the Maia both are made by Moving comfort.
    If you're running and have larger breast these bra's really hold them in place.

Another vote for Moving Comfort. The Juno and Maia are the only ones I will wear for running.

Ditto (same two styles even). Expensive, but worth it if you're larger. They seem to last longer than any others that I've had.
  • Emilysmiths
    Emilysmiths Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi Ladies! I am a 34 dd - The type of bra is usually based on what type of exercise I am doing. My fav bras are from walmart * are Danskin brand. I wear the "High Impact" bra when I am running or jumping around. They offer great support to keep the girls in place. ($10 each) They also have these same bras in medium impact - so I wear this if I am just walking or doing the elliptical. Hope you find one that works good for you!
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have tried at least a dozen different types of sports bras and finally came to the realization that you do get what you pay for... and having a high quality, lots of support, comfortable sports bra that encourages and not discourages me to work out, is worth spending a bit more!

I am a 34D, and I am now a firm believer in the UnderArmour Heatgear sports bra. This bra has excellent support for jogging/running/anything, and perhaps just as awesome as the support is the fact that it zips up in the front! In order to get a bra in the right size with lots of support, I've often had a hard time getting the other bras off and on, especially after a good workout... the zipper in front concept definitely helps in this area! The bra is pricy - maybe $50-60? But it's great enough that I bought a second one... and might get a third one even. I work out 5-6 days a week, and I machine wash but line dry my sports bras. I haven't seen any deterioration in quality/strength through the many uses/washes of the first UnderArmour Heatgear bra that I purchased several months ago. :-)
  • Emilysmiths
    Emilysmiths Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree! I love the High Impact Danskins from Wal-Mart!
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I AM USING THE GENIE BRA SPORTS BRA FROM WALMART ... 2 IN A BOX FOR $20.
    Now, they are NOT the best as far as keeping the girls from moving ... but they definitely keep them out of the way AND the genie sports bra has a lot of support ... just enough so I can remember to stand tall and keep my form when doing cardio and free weights.
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am a 44DD and I use the Cacique by Lane Bryant Cotton no-wire bra. They provide support and enough restriction for my activities, which tend to be low impact. I have been searching for a bra in my size that will be supportive for higher impact activities, so if anyone has any direction on that, I would appreciate it.

I am a 42DD and I were nothing but Lane Bryant bras (underwire tho) ... But Try the Genie Bra Sports Bra @ Walmart ... Its really not that bad ... Also, on light days, (when Im going to work out at home with one of my DVDs I use the regular Genie Bra) They had them for $5 buck on Thanksgiving so I just tried them out and the are pretty much only good for working out (for me I mean). Simply because I like the underwire bras for day to day wear.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Mine are from Walmart and I love them.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber sports bras are fantastic (I'm in the uk and get them from Bravissimo). I'm a 32ff and they work for me!
  • BeautyDoll
    BeautyDoll Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I get mine from Target since I'm the Chairman of the IBTC! Lol!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The Champion brand of Target is ok. The materials are nice. Try them on first, though. I'm a C-cup wearing a small, so the fit seems kind of weird to me as I have a fairly broad chest.
  • coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly enough victoria secret has a line of awesome compression bras with underwire. They are as good if not better than underarmour ones for support and all sportsbras were on sale for $25 last week. The line is called vs or vsx

I love my VS sports bras. I have the Incredible in size 36DD and it is great. I love that they have underwire and also come in bra sizes rather than S, M, L, etc.
  • Katus130
    Katus130 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Enell bra. A bit pricy but it will hold you in like none other.

I also have an Incredible by Victorias secret that I do like but I save that for things that are a bit less impact than running.

For reference I'm a 32 dd so I really need solid support.
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The best ones I've ever gotten were from aerie on clearance for about $11. I'm a 32DD, so it's hard finding a decently priced sports bra that supports in the right spots and isn't padded. Vicky Secret probably has some good ones on sale now too since the Semi-annual is going on
  • Charli4fun
    Options
    I think I have tried them all. From expensive at $65 to ridiculous at $100. When you work out every day, this can get expensive quick. Then a miracle happened. While shopping in the One Hanes Place store at an outlet mall, I found the best sports bras for my full 34D plus. Champion brand, believe it or not, gave me the best fit and support, in spite of the mid range price. Try them on at a store, first, jump around a bit, see what moves you and what doesn't. Best support and shaping is the Triple Threat Underwire, Champion Shape and the Champion Shape II. Although all have the 'underwire', it doesn't rub or chafe, even when totally wet and is still totally supportive at mile 13 and beyond. They look great under even the least modest of tanks or racer backs.

Around $34 to $39 on sale, and there is always a sale at OneHanesPlace online. I love these so much I bought a few extra for every day wear. I wear them to work, under dress clothes even, they are the bomb. No end of the day droop, holds its shape and yours as well. And I put in some 12 hour days on a shop floor.

UnderArmour bras, at $65, just gave me a bad case of uniboob at mile 2, in spite of guarantees that it wouldn't. I was coming out of the bra at the top and had to turn around and run back home, slowly, to stay in the thing. When wet they are even more useless. They are more comfortable, though, because they keep nothing in its place. I wear them around the house under my jammies because the company won't take them back unless they are in new condition. OneHanesPlace will, however, take theirs back if you don't like them, even after they have been road tested, no questions asked. I know because I bought a few I didn't like and promptly returned them. Washed them first, of course. Actually got a few more of the ones I did like. And no, I don't work for them, I work for a major automotive company.

Beware of the Champion Sports Bras or any others that have the velcro closures. They come loose at the worst of times and as we all know that can mean the end of a event for us. Hope this helps someone not make the expensive and sometimes embarrassing mistakes I have made in my lifetime search for health, fitness and the perfect sports bra.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I have had great luck with Target and Old Navy