Master Cleanse

Options

Replies

• FinalWtloss
    Options
    This is exactly what i am looking for actually a kick start.. would the cleanse be bad for that too?
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Why do something that your liver and kidneys are already doing well for you?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what i am looking for actually a kick start.. would the cleanse be bad for that too?

There are a lot less harmful ways to do a mental restart at the beginning of a new diet. I was lucky when I started mine and my refrigerator broke. I have to throw everything out and start from scratch.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Tip for a kick start....Log everything from your coffee and creamer down to your last meal and drink for the day other then water {make sure to get your water in as well} for a week. See where your calorie is for the week. Tweak on what you can cut back on eat smaller portions and move more.Say your average for the week is 1500 for a week try to tweak on what you can cut back to make it a little less. Eat plenty of proteins and fiber to keep your self fuller longer and always drink water first to make sure you arent thirsty before eating
  • FinalWtloss
    Options
    Thank you so much guys for all the replies. I guess i will start a healthy diet right away instead of trying a cleanse.

I will keep you posted with my progress.

I am around 142 lbs and my target is 120 lbs :D

I hope i go a long way with all the motivation from you guys
    :)
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys for all the replies. I guess i will start a healthy diet right away instead of trying a cleanse.

This is a fantastic outcome. Good luck.

Here's some more food for thought - a blog I wrote yesterday.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-resolution-that-stuck-my-two-year-mfpiversary-607930
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many times I have to say this.. I like how I feel when I do it, I find the feeling motivating. It jumpstarts my MIND.

I totally get this. I need a jump start sort of like that.. I need to cut out all the sugar and get that all out of my system. I have to put down the beer and the pizza and the cookies for at least 2 weeks and reset myself. I have to go through the headaches and stuff and then my head is in the game and i'm good to go. Once I stop craving the sugar I don't crave it again unless i eat something sugary. This includes a lot of carbs. I cut out oatmeal and everything else for 2 weeks too. Then I eat the healthy carbs again after that and can be in control of everything.

I would never do a cleanse. I just eat super healthy and clean and my body works it all out for me and when I get through it I feel better, I look better and I have more energy. Which makes me want to keep feeling that way, and makes it super easy to stay on track. :)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Hooray!!! :flowerforyou:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Awesome.
  • NoExcuuuses
    NoExcuuuses Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For those saying it doesn't work, it does if you do it correctly. Granted, there are pros and cons, but I'm on day 9 and have lost 10.4 on this cleanse. My hair is stronger and doesn't fall out by the handfuls in the shower, my nails are growing like weeds, my face has cleared up. I do this cleanse when my body needs a reset - it resets the bloodstream, organs, and a good side effect is the weight loss, but I'm on it for the preparation to eat clean and not be able to over eat anymore. Sure it's easy to say nay to something you've never tried before. But I have an immense about of energy, I am sleeping so much better and through the night. But listening to your body is key. If you can't do it, no one is forcing you to do it. Do your research and don't knock it before you try it. I've lost 42 lbs thanks to this diet .. and kept it off for about 3 years. Due to depression, it snuck back up on me this past year, and I still do cardio while on the cleanse.

Find something that works for you, and stick to it.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    For those saying it doesn't work, it does if you do it correctly. Granted, there are pros and cons, but I'm on day 9 and have lost 10.4 on this cleanse. My hair is stronger and doesn't fall out by the handfuls in the shower, my nails are growing like weeds, my face has cleared up. I do this cleanse when my body needs a reset - it resets the bloodstream, organs, and a good side effect is the weight loss, but I'm on it for the preparation to eat clean and not be able to over eat anymore. Sure it's easy to say nay to something you've never tried before. But I have an immense about of energy, I am sleeping so much better and through the night. But listening to your body is key. If you can't do it, no one is forcing you to do it. Do your research and don't knock it before you try it. I've lost 42 lbs thanks to this diet .. and kept it off for about 3 years. Due to depression, it snuck back up on me this past year, and I still do cardio while on the cleanse.

:noway:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

:noway:

Plus this :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I did the 10 day Master Cleanse once when younger and less intelligent. I strongly recommend against it. My findings

Positives
    I learned about how much time I spent worrying about food
    I learned how important eating is in our culture from a social perspective
    I learned how to overcome hunger pains
    Lost 15 pounds (but gained back 20 after 2 months)
    Went 10 days with no caffeine, supplements, vitamins, etc

Negatives
    Cleanses don't work and are ridiculous, your body cleanses itself
    No protein
    Hunger
    Lost strength
    Lost muscle
    Had to stay close to home after salt water flushes in the morning (very disgusting)
    You gain the weight back very easily, probably starvation mode, not sure
    Took me about 3 months to gain back the muscle and lost strength
    Gained all the fat back plus more fat

When dieting you want to keep as much muscle as possible. This diet for me proved to be the worst thing. I highly recommend a sane diet, decent amount or protein, strength training, and sensible reduced caloric deficit like MFP recommends.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    1. welcome to mfp.
    2. there's a search function.
    3. this is the only detox you need

yaaas
  • NoExcuuuses
    NoExcuuuses Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Trust me, it's a wonder how I'm not balding ... but ever since ... and whatever it is, it's helping. Judge all you want. Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has them.

:laugh:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Trust me, it's a wonder how I'm not balding ... but ever since ... and whatever it is, it's helping. Judge all you want. Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has them.

:laugh:

165.gif
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    FYI...a cleanse would be just letting the liver do its job....what you are doing is a planned 5 day span of being anorexic. Congrats. You has the stupid.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Of course you lost weight...You are anorexic on purpose!
  • aaf2014
    aaf2014 Posts: 11
    Options
    While I agree with everyone here that the cleanse isn't necessarily healthy, I actually enjoy it as a jump start. I always feel the need to do something drastic in order to get myself motivated.
    My only tip is be careful when going back to eating solids as you can gain any lost weight back very quickly (and then some), and if you feel light headed during the cleanse, EAT. Don't torture yourself with it.

no such think as "jump starting' weight loss..

do you really think that your metabolism is like a car battery?

Lol This ^^ I have tried it so many times and you are back to where you started...It's better to just start eating healthy maybe a juice cleanse for a few days but, the Master cleanse is awful!