Equestrians???

Options
Just looking to start a thread for us horse lovers / riders / owners! Who are you? Where are you from? What do you own?

Replies

• Jess116
    Jess116 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ahh...I just sold my horses this past Spring. Bummer! I competed in English, Western and Saddleseat for 20+ years though. :smile: I even did driving for awhile. I was on the Equestrian team in college and that was about it. Life got in the way after that! I'll probably own a horse again when I have kids. I do miss riding sometimes! :(
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Great idea!

I'm Heather, 28, from Minnesota. I own a Mustang cross mare who is approximately 15 years old. I just ride for leisure, but am also a NARHA certified therapeutic horseback riding instructor.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    We live in North Texas (horse country!) and have eight AQHA horse, and we show mostly Western Pleasure, with some Reining. Love it all!! :)
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Always glad to have horsie friends lol. I have two APHA horses, one is my medicine hat stallion and then I have a splash overo mare who is due in August.

I do a little bit of western pleasure, trail, halter/showmanship, hunter/jumper, and whatever else I can find lol!

So c'mon, lets see pics of those horses!
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    I'm an English rider.

Own 2 horses. One is my 7yo gelding Dutch Warmblood Hunter and the other is my 5yo Stallion Selles Francais Jumper prospect. Both have fairly famous daddy's in Europe
  • katmil
    katmil Posts: 31
    Options
    I didn't know there were so many horsey folk on here! I don't have a horse sadly, but love to ride whenever I get the chance to. The horse in my avatar is my friend's Anadalusian gelding, Diego.
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Me! I know katmil from an equestrian forum :)

I own a 15.2hh 10 year old welsh cob gelding called Phil.

46982_430139157326_633522326_5641752_777114_n.jpg
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi--
    I own a hunking big German Hanoverian mare. She's a dressage queen--I just try to keep up with her, Sitting her trot is a major abs workout.
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I had a horse last year I had to sale do to my job lost, it was heart breaking, but I am living with my aunt who just bought five horses, and I am helping her ride, and show. I am looking to do gymkhana, and become a therapeutic instructor. I am working towards a degree in special education w/ autism. I am looking to a long term goal of combine horses with children with autism.
  • ThompsonH
    Options
    me, me, me! I travel on the road wih my job and my horse! She needs some frequent trailer miles. ;) Lily is an APHA black and white tovero mare. She is going to be bred in may 2011 for a 2012 foal by a chocolate palomino stallion in va. I cant wait to see what she has! Im also super excited to see jsecrets mare Aura and what she produces with her stallion. Foals are so much hard work and fun. here is a pic of my beautiful girl she is on my ticker. We mostly trail ride but id love to start showing her someday but for now she does a great job as just being my best friend!
  • jsecret
    Options
    me, me, me! I travel on the road wih my job and my horse! She needs some frequent trailer miles. ;) Lily is an APHA black and white tovero mare. She is going to be bred in may 2011 for a 2012 foal by a chocolate palomino stallion in va. I cant wait to see what she has! Im also super excited to see jsecrets mare Aura and what she produces with her stallion. Foals are so much hard work and fun. here is a pic of my beautiful girl she is on my ticker. We mostly trail ride but id love to start showing her someday but for now she does a great job as just being my best friend!

Lol, where have you BEEN?! I miss you!!!! So does Aura :)
  • jsecret
    Options
    41790_116929589212_295_n.jpg

And my mare (partially ThompsonH's too!)

90073-1-x.jpg
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi! I own two an ApHA Mare ( a breeding stock - solid color) and a AQHA gelding (own grandson of Highbrow Cat - for you cow horse folks) I used to show, but now I just harrass the cattle :-)
    I teach Ag/Equine Science at a small college - so horses/livestock are pretty much my life!
  • bspendleton
    Options
    Hi all!!!!!!

I ride both English and Western but prefer English! I have not ridden in a few years since I came back from college in VA.....seriously miss riding! Maybe one of these days my husband and I can own a pair of our own :)

B
  • MissKaylaDawn
    Options
    My family owns, just 1 horse. He's plenty for all of us. He is a 10 year old Sorrel Gelding Quarter Horse. His name is Desperado, but we call him Despi :) He is 15.3 hands, and has one of the sweetest personalities. He loves kids and takes care of us :) We live in South Dakota by the way :P

He is a pleasure horse. He's only got one speed! Slow :P
    Kayla
  • jsecret
    Options
    Me! I know katmil from an equestrian forum :)

I own a 15.2hh 10 year old welsh cob gelding called Phil.

He's adorable!!!
  • sharmanandapollo
    Options
    I do, I enjoy hacking and parelli with my two :) Sharman is 14hh apaloosa x cob and Apollo (Bobby to his friends) is a 15hh 3/4 arab

Sharman

n580324583_224445_1379.jpg

Bobby

4314_83248639583_580324583_1850413_6105642_n.jpg

I love the horse with the white face! So unusual :D
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I had a horse last year I had to sale do to my job lost, it was heart breaking, but I am living with my aunt who just bought five horses, and I am helping her ride, and show. I am looking to do gymkhana, and become a therapeutic instructor. I am working towards a degree in special education w/ autism. I am looking to a long term goal of combine horses with children with autism.

Awesome! It's the greatest feeling in the world to work with kids and horses. Unfortunately, mine is on a volunteer basis but I hope someday that it can become my career. Do you work with a therapeutic riding center now?
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have two horses, a Belgian TB cross and a grade QH mare. I do dressage with both of them. I have been riding since I was 11 (I am 41 now, when did that happen??). My mom has draft horses, in fact, my favorite of hers is my avatar. We do sleigh rides in the winter time with them. Since it is winter here, I am not riding much, but a friend owns a stable with an indoor, and I go over there on Wednesday nights and ride with her on one of her school horses, a zippy little arab who reminds me of the horse I had as a teen (also a zippy little arab). He has been trained in basic dressage and he is a blast to ride. Love the face of the little bay cob. So cute! Oh, and I live in VT.
  • kfc1177
    Options
    I have two horses. A 12 yr old blk/wht paint that I did eventing with until he decided to put himself into early retirement on April 1st.
    And I have a 7-1/2mth old colt, blk/wht warmblood....loving every moment with them both.