Friends in their 40's

Options

Replies

• florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am looking for more friends for encouragement and support that are in my same boat. People are not joking when they say it's harder to lose weight in your 40's. It's like someone flipped a switch on my metabolism.

That's for sure! It was easier back in my 20's.
  • dawkinsc2
    dawkinsc2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and haven't found weight loss to be any harder, though I may be fooling myself. What I have noticed is that my commitment to it is better now than it's ever been. I don't know if that's due to MFP or my new FitBit, but either way I'm losing this 100 lbs...make that 96 lbs. Anyone can add me. We can get this done!
  • gampsm824
    gampsm824 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 (49 on Sunday) and have lost 17 pounds so far. Feel free to add me.:smile:
  • dennis9568
    Options
    Add me. I'm 45 and had a triple bypass in May. I AM going to lose 50 lbs and get down to 200. I WILL achieve my goal!
  • faces357
    Options
    I see you have lost 17 pounds good job.:smile:
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Not in Bloomington but freezing my butt off with you here in Wisconsin! Add me if you'd like. I'm committed and would love the competition. I started yesterday.

I'm freezing in WI too
  • KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 in 2013 so I am a YOUNG 40 year-old.
  • tcmom72
    tcmom72 Posts: 32
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I will be 42 in February. Totally understand what you are saying. When I hit 40 major slow down of my metabolism. There is hope...I lost 40 pounds this past year!
  • mybigvinney
    Options
    I am fifty! This is my first day here:)
    Lets do this! I am motivated & working everyday!
    Ill add a picture soon!
    Victor
  • tattooed_teacher
    tattooed_teacher Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 42...and looking to make some major changes in my fitness and diet!!! Feel free to add me.......looking for encouragement! :)
  • jbetch
    jbetch Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sent friend request. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • Chrissee
    Chrissee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe the number of posts! I am 43, to be 44 in June. I agree, losing weight is harder for me now. I think part of it is that I struggle staying motivated. I have been successful at losing weight in the past, but have been struggling the last few years. In fact, I just recommitted myself to losing weight and keeping it off after hitting my highest weight ever (other than during pregnancy, but not far off!) This time around I will do what it takes, I have too many years on this earth left to continue to feel down about my body. So, please add me (or we should start a group...if I knew how, I would). Good luck!
  • tattooed_teacher
    tattooed_teacher Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo out of shape and needing to make some life changes. I am 42 and need encouragement! Feel free to add me!!
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Part of the 40 & fab club...feel free to add me :-)
  • HollyB1223
    HollyB1223 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I'm 42. Somehow, I managed to gain almost 30 lbs. in the past year. Yes, it's much tougher than it used to be, losing the weight! I need some friends on here to help keep me on track. So, please add me, if you would like!
  • ZamaMama
    ZamaMama Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and I totally understand the flipped the switch thing! Sometimes I get so discouraged, I just quit trying. This time I'm not going to go it alone, I'm reaching out for people in the same boat too. I'm new to participating in the MFP community, so I'm not sure I'm doing things correctly yet! :ohwell:
  • SeaBear_41
    Options
    41/f here. Anyone can add me. The more support, the better :)
  • JaneE1967
    JaneE1967 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    46 years young, I just started back on MFP a couple of weeks ago and I'm very motivated to get my weight down. Anyone here is welcome to add me for encouragement and support. This site has already helped me to increase my metabolism and keep my emotional eating in check.
  • swanson0822
    swanson0822 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I turn 47 in February and have restarted the the road to healthy weight. Please count me in if you need support or a cheering section. I actually was at a good place and life happened. Could I count on any of you to help keep me on the straight and improved?
  • llkdjohnson1
    Options
    Happy New Year!!

I just turned 40 and with all the weight I need to lose, wouldn't mind making friends along the way. add me if you like