Friends in their 40's

Options

Replies

• llkdjohnson1
    Options
    I worked out in a gym today for the first time in years. I thought that I would die. I was sweating just watching everybody else. I took my friend with me and she is 40 plus and she cheated on every station. Is it okay not to do the recommended amounts when you just start back?
    [/quote

I think so, you have to build up your endurance again, but it doesn't mean that you don't try to go a little past your tired point. Good luck and Congrats for getting back in the gym!
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 41 in Delaware! Add me if you like!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 49,closing in on 50, .... but I'm also getting close to 1000 consecutive days here at MFP! :) ....New MFP friends always welcomw!
  • Demi928
    Demi928 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi...I am in the same boat! 42 with a hateful metabolism lol.
  • LeeAnn2healthy
    LeeAnn2healthy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hear ya....I am 48 years YOUNG and have never been as healthy as I am right now.....its hard work but at the same time it is sooooo rewarding and never felt better about myself as I do now.....feel free to add me and I will encourage you as much as I can!!!!
  • poo42
    poo42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 42 this birthday and I need encouragement too... Really... After 40 it really feels that everything I eat gets transferred to my fats directly :(
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    44 this month and never felt better. Oh and just for the record.....I'm gonna kick *kitten* this year :bigsmile:
  • micheypeach
    micheypeach Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 41 in 3 weeks, I find it not to bad to loose the weight, its keeping it off!!!

Please feel free to add me!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Just gone 41 last month and have 23lb to lose. Have been on here for a while but fell off the wagon for a bit and determined to get back on it
  • mrsnelson16
    mrsnelson16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of losing two pounds just to gain 4 back.......Something has got to change, and I know it starts with me . I'm 40 and ready!!:happy:
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Any naughty forties wanna add me, plz do 43 and struggling xx
  • LesBrock
    LesBrock Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Last 6 months of my 40's :wink:

Need to get back on the program :happy:
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, folks :)
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Me, me, Me!! Feel free to add! :)
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Ugggh... don't I know it! I didn't have any qualms about turning 40 but it seems as though it's not agreeing with me LOL... all the more reason I'm motivated to be healthier in general. Losing weight is just one of the battles.. I guess mortality is setting in, lol. Feel free to add me.. extending the invitation to anyone else that needs a 40's buddy!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    43, feel free to add me (along with any other 40-something!)
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    45 & sneaking into the best shape of my life! Feel free to add me! Once you get momentum going with working out and eating right, you just ROLL!:glasses:
  • alleycat72
    Options
    I feel your pain!! Feel free to add me!!
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    45 in April, and in better shape now than I've ever been--even though I've been lighter.
  • JAyers27
    JAyers27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Turning 45 this year!