How often do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Weekly or every other week & I always weigh in first thing in the morning.

I wouldn't suggest weighing anymore frequently than weekly. Some people weigh daily, but as weight can fluctuate a fair bit due to water retention etc. you won't get a true reading. It can also be very disheartening to see the scale go up if you're weighing in daily, when really it isn't fat that you're gaining.

I would also suggest taking measurements as well as weighing yourself. Sometimes the scale may stay the same/increase but you will notice inches lost!

Remember, the scale isn't the only measure of your progress!
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP I weighed myself 1-2 times a month. Now I weigh myself everyday in the morning.
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I step on my scale every morning (nude, after toilet), just to maintain the habit, but I only record it once a week at most. Right now I'm pregnant so I'm mostly just keeping tabs on things & eating to maintenance.
  • seb3k
    seb3k Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Everyday but i never care about fluctuation. The more data i have the more adjustments i can do over time :)
  • JTwoFeathers
    Options
    Thursday mornings after the restroom routine and before the copious amounts of coffee take over
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    I weight myself first thing in the morning-but I have Monday where I count it-I find hat if I weigh in everyday-it works for me-been doing that for 5 years-before I workout eat-same time everyday-and weight does up and down daily-so I only count Monday for mfp
  • kelseyjsnyder
    kelseyjsnyder Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    everymorning when i wake up. either naked or with bra and underwear on.
  • kelseyjsnyder
    kelseyjsnyder Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ive noticed i can be for example 214 in the morning but by the time bedtime comes i could be 219! my weight goes up and down so there is times ive measured multiple times a day just to look at the fluctuations
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    you will see your weight go up at night-I always weigh less in the morning and if I weigh myself again at night are through day-my weigh goes up- but I know its from eating drinking lots of water a lifting weights are cardio-so I only know my morning weight is true:)
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, first thing in the morning and always wearing the same thing as best I can. I update my weight on here intermittently, though I want to get into the habit of recording it perhaps once a week.
  • chocolatechip18
    Options
    Been logging seriously since the end of october...I weigh in pretty much every day... as soon as I wake up before I eat or drink. Keeping this habit helps me to behave the day before, as I really DONT like a bad weigh in. If I feel like overeating, it I think of how pissed off I feel when the scales goes up, this keeps me in check. If the scales don't give me what I want, I often check my measurements, usually one of the two makes me happy.
    If I keep my carbs under 100g I usually see a drop every day or every other day, even if its just 0.4lb... every little counts!
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings with very little on. I used to weigh myself everyday and I started to get discouraged. Good luck :wink:
  • MattQuinnFitness
    MattQuinnFitness Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would like to weigh myself every Monday or Sunday Mornings but lately I have been finding myself weighing in every other day, and it sucks because that means the weight that is lost is very little. but still something!
  • shellyhartnoll
    Options
    I weight myself once a month 3 days after my period. Because I noticed I often weighed 6lb heavier the week before my period was due but a few days after I could be upto 8lbs lighter so now i weigh myself then I get an accurate weight for me :)
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Once a week in the evening. Once a week so that the fluctuations of the scale don't matter as much. In the evening because that's when I work out.

People tend to weigh the least in the morning. If the number on the scale itself matters to you, weigh in the morning. If the downward (hopefully downward) trend matters to you, weigh whenever you want, but BE CONSISTENT.
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself every morning after using the restroom to get my weight. By weighing myself every morning, I can keep better track of my weight. :smile:
  • obmckenzie
    obmckenzie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, after the bathroom but before anything goes in my mouth.

I have an official weigh in once a week were I take my measurements and record them along with my weight.

I do it that was because I'm curious and that way only 1 number counts.
  • rdpapag
    rdpapag Posts: 17
    Options
    I bought the fitbit Aria and weigh myself after I get home from work everyday. (that was my first weigh in time after I bought so I'm staying consistent).

It sends all my data to MFP so I don't have to do ****. Love it.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day or every other day... not so much to track weigh loss but to track daily/weekly/monthly fluctuations since I tend to hold a lot of water at "certain" times of the month. As long as I know that it's due to that, I don't tend to freak if I see a higher number on the scale. I know others would say only once a week but this is what works for me.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day. I log it every day too, but I have my newsfeed set up so that my friends don't have to see it every day. I love to review the graphed data. It helps me to see patterns over the months so I'm not surprised/frustrated by anything. I also find that it keeps me mindful of my goals. I don't get frustrated with the minor ups and and downs as long as the general trend is downward.