Friends in their 40's

Options

Replies

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in June. 41 is looming but I feel like I'm in the best shape I have been in awhile. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • bmag1969
    bmag1969 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did hear yoga is very helpful
  • bmag1969
    bmag1969 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Seems there should be some sort of 40's crowd section!!! Since MFP is starting to look like facebook, maybe they should add that ability to their site!!!!

Anyone can add me as well
  • lladykaro
    lladykaro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel the same here. I'm 44. Seems I slowly but steadily gain instead of just holding anymore. I need a jump start. Good luck.
  • lladykaro
    lladykaro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love yoga. 30 min. a day. Relaxing and difficult at the same time.
  • nineshift99
    Options
    Ok, so I've only been at this a week, but I'm going to chime in anyway. I'm 42. A few years ago I asked my doctor how I could lose weight. I was always "regular" size and then after kids I was "chubby" (like size 16). So she tells me that I have to work out 1 hour a day, six days a week, and each only 1200 calories. I was mad at her.

I tried walking. Lost a very little.

I tried Zumba twice a week. I lost 15 pounds over 1.5 years.

So, a week ago today, my husband and I decided to join a gym and I downloaded this app. We worked out six days for an hour each time. I kept it to net 1200 calories. And I've lose 4 pounds this week. (BTW, I haven't lost 4 pounds in one week in at least 10 years.)

Weird thing is, it hasn't been that hard. I never was a huge eater, so it wasn't hard to cut out the mindless nibbling. And they have TVs at the gym. I do 20 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes on the bike, and 20 minutes on the stepper - or I take the body blast class.

I realize it's only been a week, but I feel really confident I can keep this up, because I'm not obsessing about it. That's probably the good thing about being over 40, you can chill out when it comes to this stuff.
  • jwoutlaw08
    Options
    Hello,
    Like most people around this time of year, I have a “New Year’s” resolution to get in shape. Actually I started about three months ago, hitting gym regularly. I have seen some good results, even for a 42 year old man. This has inspired me to do more and be more disabled with my diet. Any and all advise is welcome.
  • tobefitfifty
    Options
    49 next birthday and determined to be buff again before then :-)

Happy to be added
  • audubontrail
    audubontrail Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    44 here, and a newish MFP member. Feel free to add me.
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am looking for more friends for encouragement and support that are in my same boat. People are not joking when they say it's harder to lose weight in your 40's. It's like someone flipped a switch on my metabolism.

almost 46 and in that boat! feel free to add me sister! :flowerforyou:
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I found I have hypothyroidism when I turned 43. One can add me if you like.
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    46 years old, still learning about fitness and weight loss / maintaining.

Feel free to add me.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    I'm 43.....feel free to add me....I live here!!!lol...:)
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I am 45, but very determined to hit my goals this year. Feel free to add me :)
  • GeminiBridget
    GeminiBridget Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm fabulously 42, will be 43 in May. (Geminis rule! :D) Feel free to add me. I'm totally dedicated to working out, and I eat 90% healthy & organic, and I log honestly.
  • harriss10
    harriss10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am 43.
  • Frittycat
    Frittycat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello! You are welcome to add me. I am 41. I've put on 20 pounds over the past two years. I love to exercise, but it is sooo hard to watch my eating and I get very tired of counting calories. However, it is a necessity if I don't want to gain. I am determined to get this weight off (again) early this year.
  • jenns717
    jenns717 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Would love to add you as a friend in this journey! I am 47 and lost 50# 3 years ago (first time in my life I was at goal), so I know it can be done in your 40's. However, I stopped logging here and didn't work out as hard ...30 pounds are back. I am here to do it again and maintain! Hope others will add both of us!!
  • fabtortilla
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. At the present moment, I'm 46. =)
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just turned 46 in December. I was doing well till I fell off the wagon in October. I started back logging 2 weeks ago and want to get back into cleaner eating and exercising on a more regular basis.