Too many calories for breakfast, what now?

Options
2»

Replies

• babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Lol
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I would exercise to get more calories, when I try to trim off of my other meals, I only get hungrier and make poor choices. I run as my main form of exercise and it is an appetite suppressant for me, which is another perk!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    Well instead of torturing yourself with broth or lettuce, how about you just eat your normal lunch and dinner? Because an extra few hundred calories today is not going to kill you.

Discipline is the key. You can't tell yourself a few hundred calories won't kill me.....of course it wont, if you calculated it that way but i don't think people should fall into this mindset at all.
    You mean beat yourself up when you go off the plan for 1 meal......sounds like disaster waiting to happen. I agree most here would need to consume over maintenance to gain weight which is probably close to 1000 calories. Move on, it happens.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly every time I have a big breakfast, I end up less hungry the rest of the day anyway. So, don't panic, make better choices for the rest of the day and you will probably be fine.
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can definitely get by making two low calorie meals and keeping snacking a bit lower than usual. I also recommend high protein low calorie meals.

Tuna packets are a good easy option. I like the tuna pouches that have the tuna in water. I mix the tuna with chopped onion and a low calorie dressing or balsamic and then throw it in a spinach-based salad.

8 oz of skinless chicken breast and broccoli could also get you pretty far and be very filling for under 300 calories. Cut skinless boneless chicken breasts/tenders into pieces. Season both sides with garlic powder and pepper or whatever else you like. Then, spray cooking spray into a pan and cook them on the stovetop until they brown evenly. You can eat them plain or use a low calorie sauce (hot sauce can be good unless you're worried about sodium).