How do you record your weight training?

Options
13»

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to record the calories or keep track of your sets/reps/weight?

For recording calories, I just use the MFP "strength training" entry under Cardio.

FOr recording my sets/reps- I'm old school, I made my own paper log and use a half-size clipboard. I like being able to page through and see my past workouts on paper.

^ This. To the letter. I like being able to scribble notes next to certain lifts aka Half-Blood Prince.

JEFIT has a note feature for each lift. Get out of the dark ages Hermoine.

jSd6d28.gif

I can't see it at work, so I can only imagine it is something along the lines of...

<Ryanyouareright.gif>
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    In a book with a pen.
    I write notes to myself - like up the weight next time or if something felt off.
    If something hurts since I've got knee and ankle problems.

I got judged by some dude I worked in with.
    And the PT I talked to about something said he'd bring me into the 21st century and get me to use my phone - I laughed at him.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    I just use MFP and then go back every month or so to put it in a excel spreadsheet to track progress with pretty charts and stuff.

Sounds like maybe I should look at something more convenient though...
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    I've seen quite a few people in the gym with notebooks btw, for all you old schoolers!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    It's been said before but if you are looking to track your weights from workout to workout, there is no competitor for the JEFIT app. Its far and away the best in the biz IMO.

I just downloaded this to give it a whirl....

Wow. Fitocracy kicks it to the curb.
  • needtogetfit932
    Options
    Yeah, I agree. It takes like 15 minutes just to track a workout, but I still use it haha
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I use an excel spreadsheet. I have routines and lifting logs going back years this way, and before that, paper

Yep Excel user here too