Healthy Snacks

Options

Replies

• gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy snacking on cheeses – the sharper, the better! Add some Triscuits or crusty bread, and I'm in heaven.
  • evelyn150
    evelyn150 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Clementines (small oranges) or go-gurt
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt with berries, and I like to add a mix of toasted oats, puffed corn and puffed rice

I bake a-lot - I make wholemeal muffins with very little fat and sweeten them with fruit or add veggies - they come out at 130-160 kcal each and are a good snack for me. I freeze them and grab them when I need them. They're portable, which is great too :smile:

A mug of soup (I love pumpkin and cauliflower)

A piece of toast with avocado spread on it

A glass of milk

Mini apple or peach crumble - rolled oats on top of stewed fruit and bake in oven until the oats are crispy

Popcorn - I pop it myself in the microwave and eat it plain or sprinkled with cinnamon :smile:
  • jillymurdoch
    jillymurdoch Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Rice crackers (not the artificially flavoured ones, but good old sea salt or plain) with a smear of goat cheese (aka chevre) and a slice of radish.
  • BigAlNyc
    BigAlNyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    String cheese and an apple
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like to eat an apple & cheese-its together, it's under 250 calories.
  • HonduranHaze
    HonduranHaze Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for Monster cookies that I modified. As far as I can tell, they are about 170 calories each. I substituted the butter with a can of pumpkin and I can't even taste a difference. I used only egg whites. Also, they only use oatmeal instead of flour. I didn't have enough oatmeal so I put in psyllium husk and soy protein isolate. I wish I knew how much protein and fiber they actually have.

Not sure I will be able to stop eating them! They are filling and easy to grab.
  • TANSHIHJEN
    Options
    almonds and cashews are my favourite! peanut butter also!
  • Coreylk
    Options
    I like a hard boiled egg. I'm going to roast some cauliflower and also some chickpeas this week I think. When I need something really salty I like the Quaker Poppers in Ranch. Husband likes the Poppers in Sea Salt and Pepper.
  • Coreylk
    Options
    @HonduranHaze Could you put the recipe into the MyFitnessPall recipe builder to find out the nutritional breakdown?
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Favorite snacks:

4133496099_6f46a962bc.jpg

Triscuits (or wheat thins) and mozzarella cheese is my fave after work snack. I eat it almost daily. Mmmm.

Also love wheat thins with peanut butter and banana slices - so yum.

Also green apple with mozz cheese or peanut butter.

Today I made a big plate of carrot sticks, mozz cheese, turkey breast, broccoli, tomato, triscuits and ranch dressing for my daughter and I to share. It was a nice snacky late lunch since we had breakfast late in the day.
  • donnaleeI
    donnaleeI Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :happy: love fresh sugar snap peas! they're sweet, crispy & easy to carry! ooo, and also mini baby sweet peppers, they are really good plain or dip them in greek yogurt mixed with a little dry ranch dressing mix....tasty!!!!
    Keep up the good job sister!!!!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Hummus with veggies and pretzel twists

Mini bell peppers stuffed with tuna

Cheese and salami

Greek yogurt and fruit

Apple and nut butter
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Any other suggestions?

Sharon

Almonds and unsalted sunflower seeds....
  • CulturedCowgurl
    Options
    Favorite snacks:

4133496099_6f46a962bc.jpg

Triscuits (or wheat thins) and mozzarella cheese is my fave after work snack. I eat it almost daily. Mmmm.

Also love wheat thins with peanut butter and banana slices - so yum.

Also green apple with mozz cheese or peanut butter.

Today I made a big plate of carrot sticks, mozz cheese, turkey breast, broccoli, tomato, triscuits and ranch dressing for my daughter and I to share. It was a nice snacky late lunch since we had breakfast late in the day.

Looks Yummy...I normally use townhouse so may try these triscuits.
  • CulturedCowgurl
    Options
    I have a recipe for Monster cookies that I modified. As far as I can tell, they are about 170 calories each. I substituted the butter with a can of pumpkin and I can't even taste a difference. I used only egg whites. Also, they only use oatmeal instead of flour. I didn't have enough oatmeal so I put in psyllium husk and soy protein isolate. I wish I knew how much protein and fiber they actually have.

Not sure I will be able to stop eating them! They are filling and easy to grab.

These sound yummy....Did you use Splenda or sugar as a sweetener?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my diary. 100% healthy!
  • cherub_72
    cherub_72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you are craving salt (which I frequently do) Special K has crackers/chip things that are only 100 cals for 30
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    fruit, yogurt, Kind bars