Can I eat ice cream and not feel guilty??

semeyer
semeyer Posts: 282 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
I have had occasions where after my dinner, I have enough calories left in my daily budget to successfully have an ice cream cone. It doesn't put me in the red in fat or anything, but for some reason I feel terrible for indulging! Am I crazy or can I ACTUALLY have an ice cream cone guilt free??!! :love:

-Susie

Replies

• janderson31
    janderson31 Posts: 6 Member
    I purposely save calories for that reason. I'm still losing weight, so must be ok. :)
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    I eat ice cream in the evening when I have the extra calories. I don't feel guilty. I always continue to lose so I am happy. As long as you are in your guidelines, don't feel guilty, ENJOY! It tastes so gooood.
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    if you listen you any dietitian moderation is key. SOOO if you have budgeted calories for it and it's just occasional, why not? :drinker:
  • I have an ice cream treat every night. I usually have the weight watchers cookies and cream or skinny cow. I think the whole point is moderation so you can still enjoy the things you like.
  • of course you can!!! This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Treat yourself- not everyday, but once or twice a week is fine! It should not effect your weight loss one bit (unless you are eating pints of icecream :P ).
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Of course you can! Remember, ice cream has nutritional value as well... DAIRY!!!!! So as long as it fits into your daily calorie goals, I say go for it.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    if the answer is no, i would cry...LOL

i love my ice cream and no diet can make me give it up! i do the same thing - if i have extras at the end of the day, i get ice cream :D
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Well my husband has successfully lost 100lbs, and every night about 1am he crawls out of bed and sneaks into the kitchen for an ice cream... so it can't be that bad right? lol...

I save calories for Ice Cream or Sweets!
  • Of course you can have ice cream and not feel guilty. Go to your local grocer to find "Skinny Cow" products. They have ice cream sandwiches that are only 130 cals!

You can even get lactose-free ice cream, which will reduce the amount of sugar that would normally be high in regular ice cream.
  • Why yes you can. Skinney Cow Ice cream 150cal for 5.8oz I believe and it's scrumptious!!! You can find it at any Wal-Mart and for that size that I mentioned their onleabout a buck!!!:bigsmile:
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    I have always found that if I have a craving and I deprive myself completely I will eventually make myself obsess about it then give in to the temptation in a HUGE, unhealthy way by OVERindulging. I find that if I go ahead and allow myself a treat every so often I don't over do it. I just always try to control the portion size and make it a small treat then I don't end up losing control later and I still get a little enjoyable treat.
  • I love skinny cow! No guilt there!
  • I guess I'm one of those people that if I say "absolutely no way" to any food, that is the first thing that I want. If you've got the room in your calorie budget, splurge! :)
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: Slim a bear icecream is only 100 calories per pop! sooooooo good! so you'll feel guilty eating it, but not guilty becuase it would kill your calories!
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Thanks everybody!!!! I'm gonna save some extra cals for a treatie tonight!!! YAY! :drinker:
  • Yes, you can have your cake and eat it too, so to speak. It's not what we eat, but how much, and what else we have with it. If your eating healthy, staying under your goals, and getting some exercise, then go ahead and enjoy. It's not about missing out, it's about learning to eat healthy and in moderation. The long term goal is not to deprive, but to find a point to where you can enjoy the foods you love without gaining in weight. For now, we are deprived so that we can lose the fat we accumulated from years of not practicing self discipline when it came to what, how much, and when.

Now is the time to relearn to do it right. Eat healthy foods, limit sweets and fats, and stay under your goal. If that leaves room for a cookie, a slice of cake, or a scoop or two of your favorite ice cream, then enjoy it without guilt, because you earned it...
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    I've actually cut a Skinny Cow sandwich in half! One half Skinny Cow = 70 calories of yum!!!!
  • Chacen
    Chacen Posts: 14 Member
    Try looking at some Sorbet, the stuff I find seems to be much better than ice cream. No fat and about 120 cals. per 1\2 cup.
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    YES! I just had a Skinny Cow fudge bar that tasted SO GOOD! it was only 100 calories! SCORE! No Guilt what so ever!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    I found some frozen caramel praline crunch yogurt that is made by Blue Bunny. It is 120 for a half cup and it was awesome and tasted just like Ice cream.
This discussion has been closed.