Howdy. and wtf

Options
Hello people , I just found this forum and couldnt resist registering because Id like to answer some of the posts on here. But first, this thing only has a setting for losing 2lbs a week?? LOL, I been steady losing 3-9lbs a week for the last 4 months. C'mon, no mandate for the heavy wieght? And I also disagree with the calculated calorie intake recommended.

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Not really sure why you would need us at all. Have you tried sparks people?
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I believe the 2 lbs / week are based on an average weight loss. I agree that there are differences for those starting out at higher weights. Many on here disagree with the calculated calorie recommended intake. It's pretty much common sense, I think.
  • AbigailWins
    Options
    You must have been gigantic to be losing 9 pounds a week for four months and still want to lose more. G I G A N T I C and good for you for having such a healthy self esteem that's just A W E S O M E yes it is. Welcome to MFP.

Looking forward to reading all those answers you are going to write and hope to learn something. W E L C O M E ! ! !
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You must have been gigantic to be losing 9 pounds a week for four months and still want to lose more. G I G A N T I C and good for you for having such a healthy self esteem that's just A W E S O M E yes it is. Welcome to MFP.

Looking forward to reading all those answers you are going to write and hope to learn something. W E L C O M E ! ! !

crikey...how many times do you have to underline a word that references the OP's size, which actually, you are only assuming??
  • fixnichols
    Options
    I was 322 4 months ago. I am now 273 with 40lbs left to lose, I will be at my goal in 2-3 months. At which time I will be posting before and after pictures. And you are right I dont "need" anyone. Im strapped with a heart that burns with the love and courage I need to succeed. I am here to show off and inspire when the time is right, Im going to show you all that nothing is impossible if you want to bad enough, and heres a pic i took last night.

http://s27.postimg.org/t5u830br3/1527959_3887995653937_244488166_n.jpg
  • AbigailWins
    Options
    I thought you were just some guy bragging but now I realize you're a genuine poster, I do think you did great losing weight! And I do mean it when I said awesome and welcome! Welcome to MFP and I look forward to seeing more weight fall off you!!

edit: that said, the photo is kind of strange...I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt AND step away waving you with positive waves of encouragement and wishing you the very best on your weight loss journey!!!

W E L C O M E ! ! ! !
  • bbvsusan
    Options
    I think 2 lbs a week is a commonly held belief for averaging over an extended period of time. Lots of very sedentary, fluffy people will lose more than 2 lbs their first few weeks if they cut calories fairly drastically and begin vigorous exercise.
    I had to SMARTEN UP after the holidays and I'm losing a half pound a day. That won't continue but it's encouraging at the start.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Yes OP you had plenty more weight to lose than the average person

2lbs a week is even too much when I go on a "cut" . The aim of the game is BODY COMPOSITION . Its easy to lose large amounts of muscle through a ridiculously large calorie deficit . Which actually leaves one being skinny fat after time
  • monkeyfanatic77
    Options
    Wow congrats on the weight loss!! Keep it up!
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's great to see your having such a great experience losing weight! I think a lot of users here would be interested to know your diet and exercise plan.
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    ...locating popcorn and chair ...
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

If this is on the level, then congrats.

However, the kind of losses you are talking about are only viable for severely overweight individuals and normally lead to large losses in lbm.

I assume you are guarding against that somehow and will wish to share further details for other newbs you are trying to inspire?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    chadomaniac raises a good point about body composition... with 40lb to lose, 2lb per week is sufficient if you are at all bothered about your LBM...
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Read this: http://www.fitwatch.com/weight-loss/the-2-pounds-per-week-rule-and-how-to-burn-fat-faster-454.html

2lbs a week is the general rule of thumb because the presumption is if you are losing more than this then it is coming from lean body mass rather than fat. This is due to the differing energy yields from 1lb of fat as opposed to 1lb of fat free mass and how it correlates to your calorie deficit.
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I could be wrong, but I smell a product rep. The humble brag, the ott product specific worship on the profile page, the timing for the start of January?

gif_larrydavid_look-vi.gif
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

Ditto.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I wish to discover the secret.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I supposed next you're going to explain how we can all lose 9 lbs a week if we're willing to buy your product?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I supposed next you're going to explain how we can all lose 9 lbs a week if we're willing to buy your product?
    Hmm, I could be wrong, but I smell a product rep. The humble brag, the ott product specific worship on the profile page, the timing for the start of January?

gif_larrydavid_look-vi.gif

Yeah, I think I smell product rep too.

This (OP) reminds me of those emails in my Spam folder.
    "Make her crazy love your gigantic appendage pants package."
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    am Fueled with MusclePharm Suppliments

ShredMatrix
    Fish Oil
    Z-Core PM
    Armor-V
    Combat Powder

I will pass thank you.