300+lbs to lose, yikes!

Options
2»

Replies

• NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It's probably a good thing to have to lose some before the bypass. I can't even tell you how many people I know that have had it done and 2 years later gained most if not all of it back. You really have to start with your brain first when it comes to weight loss (this is what I've learned anyway). This is going to sound mean so please don't take this the wrong way but this is an analogy that I saw and it makes total sense. You can give a meth head brand new teeth but if he's not clean, he'll wreck those too. Same thing with food. It's a comfort, it's an addiction, and you will have to retrain your brain to focus on what you need and what you don't. Fixing something on the physical end is only getting half the job done. I wish you all the best and feel free to add me if you'd like. I would love to cheer you on for every pound lost =)
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    you can do this and you might find you are doing so good that you don't need the surgery lose . remember to do small changes and drink plenty of water. get some great people for support. remember weightloss is not liner there will be weeks the scale may go up don't let it discourage you.
  • tayjenks08
    tayjenks08 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We all have to start somewhere! Anyone feel free to add me, we can all do this together!
  • Persephone200
    Options
    HI - I have a lot of weight to lose too (120 lbs!) Good luck. I think we can both do it!
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Avi. Congratulations on taking the first step :)
  • lafilledelarue
    lafilledelarue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Avi. Welcome, good to see you here. I'm going to send you a private MFP email message. Just a note of encouragement. :smile:
  • kroldridge
    kroldridge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You have a great support system here at MyFitnessPal! I am here to re-start my success. Remember, one bite, one hour, one day at a time and you will do just fabulous.

You can do this!
  • angiedwill
    angiedwill Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, Avi!! I wish you all the best. I have seen others on here telling you to make little changes gradually as you go. That is good advice. I have just recently started trying to get myself back in shape so I can better keep up with my kids. I have found that having a good support system is one of the most important things. I don't have big support at home, but on MFP, I do....so will you. I know you can do this!!!!!
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Im sending you a request.. Welcome back to MFP..The people and the knowledge that you will find here is amazing.Best of luck to you on your journey. Only you can change you.