Sweets, sugar, chocolate... uhgg I think I died.

Options
Cannot stop thinking about buying a chocolate candy bar or bag of candy... haven't gotten over craving sweet things.. not even by a little bit =(

Replies

• Sarasota_Guy
    Sarasota_Guy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just remember, pure dark chocolate is ok to have every now and then.....if you're into chocolate, it's the best way to have it without falling off the wagon :)
  • fatbanisher
    Options
    I am queen of this. Try a sugarfree lollipop its 20 calories and it is sweet enough to satisfy a craving
  • Purplepoppies
    Options
    I heard someone say fruit is natures chocolate :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    My commiserations. I would not like to be on a deprivation diet. I will enjoy my chocolate later. :drinker:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Cannot stop thinking about buying a chocolate candy bar or bag of candy... haven't gotten over craving sweet things.. not even by a little bit =(

Why give it up? Just have it in moderation. I buy a dark chocolate bar and just have a square or two, whatever fits into my calorie count. It's good for you as well.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    So eat some. Work it into your calorie goal. Many of us do.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

So buy a candy bar.

If you keep trying to deny yourself a candy bar that you really want, you'll end up passed out face first into a 5-lb bag of Reese's Pieces with your face covered in runny mascara.

There's nothing wrong with a candy bar. Eat one.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

tumblr_m3exn4NTG31rnbqd8.gif
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Chocolate is nature's chocolate.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love love love sweets! It is hard, but raisins or grapes help for a sweet craving and something I personally LOVE for dessert to chop up a banana and freeze it, then add some whipped cream and 1-2 tables spoons of dark choco chips. Sweet and pretty low calorie. It's been helping me get through this haha
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I ate 8 Snicker's minis last night and fit it into my calorie budget. I'm losing weight.
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    i eat chocolate everyday, if u want something sweet,have something sweet and keep it below your calorie goal
  • raileneperkins
    raileneperkins Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have found that Skinny Cow makes some very delicious chocolate and caramel and chocolate wafer treats for around 110 to 130 calories. They are delicious , I moan like a maniac when I eat one. They are small but are big on flavor.It would drive me crazy to never have any sweet treat! A peppermint patty is about 140 calories. Do you like chocolate milk or silk? I have also considered chocolate meal replacement shakes but haven't tried them yet. Good luck with the craving and try not to deny yourself just be mindful of the calories and you can indulge in chocolate no problem!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    So buy a candy bar.

If you keep trying to deny yourself a candy bar that you really want, you'll end up passed out face first into a 5-lb bag of Reese's Pieces with your face covered in runny mascara.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This. All the way.

And I would dearly love to go face first into a 5 lb. bag of Reese's Pieces, but if my face was covered in runny mascara, methinks Hershey would have a lot of 'splainin' to do!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

So buy a candy bar.

^^Do this. It's the only way to avoid the Crying Game shower later.
  • ksm313
    ksm313 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way - obsessed with sweets and chocolate. What I've found is that for me, sugar is an addiction. I'm currently back in the terrible habit of having too much sugar each day, which just makes me want more.

If you gradually get off of it, you'll start to see it more as an occasional treat than an everyday need. It's hard, but definitely worth it!
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options

tumblr_m3exn4NTG31rnbqd8.gif

:laugh: :love: Indeed!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

You beat me to it.

you'll end up passed out face first into a 5-lb bag of Reese's Pieces with your face covered in runny mascara.

You sound like you've been there?
  • jonnythan
    Options

You beat me to it.

you'll end up passed out face first into a 5-lb bag of Reese's Pieces with your face covered in runny mascara.

You sound like you've been there?

Minus the mascara. And the bag was empty by the time I passed out.

For some reason I can eat more Reese's Pieces than any other food.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My go to for sweet cravings during the day has been a flavored Greek yogurt with some granola. That doesn't mean I don't eat sweets altogether, though; I am a strong believer in dessert :happy:

Bottom line : if it is chocolate you want, it is chocolate you shall have. Its easier to eat to satisfy the craving for a day instead of going on a 5 day bender because you have been depriving yourself.