Help me quit Diet coke!

Options

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I have a Diet Coke every day and will continue to do so until I die.

There's nothing wrong with having a Diet Coke.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Diet coke tastes fake and gross.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just my 2 cents from a recovering Coca Cola addict:

either water it down, gradually adding less soda to the point where you don't need the soda anymore or try incorporating juicing into your diet. I found when I juice more, cravings for all sorts of foods are eliminated or cut way back.
  • epoyntz
    epoyntz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    a few people said it already - but cold turkey is the way to go in my opinion - your taste buds will after 30 days not be interested in the flavour of it i guarantee!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Switch to Coke Zero. It tastes better.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It's been scientifically proven that diet coke damages your brain cells and makes you crave carbs.
    I've been a lot happier since I quit.

Not being a "hater", not being "mean" - just totally curious if you have links to back that up? I enjoy diet pop and most of the research I have done has shown it is fine in moderation. If you have a link to the study that proves it damages brain cells - please link! I need to read it.
    I'll be fascinated to see the science behind this one.

me too :smile:
  • Sarasota_Guy
    Sarasota_Guy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I switched, gradually, over to nothing but Diet Decaffeinated Green Tea......and now I'm ADDICTED to that stuff, it's so satisfying...I might have 1 diet coke per month, in a restaurant...that's it, I don't even miss it :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I switched, gradually, over to nothing but Diet Decaffeinated Green Tea......and now I'm ADDICTED to that stuff, it's so satisfying...I might have 1 diet coke per month, in a restaurant...that's it, I don't even miss it :)

Green Tea is naturally caffeine free. And what makes it "diet tea?" Just don't add sweetener, and it's calorie-free.
  • DanielleWatson83
    DanielleWatson83 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    buy the soda stream!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Just my 2 cents from a recovering Coca Cola addict:

either water it down, gradually adding less soda to the point where you don't need the soda anymore or try incorporating juicing into your diet. I found when I juice more, cravings for all sorts of foods are eliminated or cut way back.

This sounds awful. Going from zero calorie diet soda to lotsa calories of juice. If I'm going to add calories, I better damn well be eating them!
  • boymom75
    Options
    I too used to buy the sonic super large sized diet coke. I noticed it made me crave sugar, so I am determined to stop. So far, it's been 6 days!!! Huge,huge fan of flavored green tea. Bigelow makes a pomegranate flavor that's just awesome.

You can do it! go for a water every time you think you want a diet coke, keep water with you at all times, thats what's been helping me!! Good luck to you! :smile:
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have a Diet Coke every day and will continue to do so until I die.

There's nothing wrong with having a Diet Coke.

^This!

xqlsw7.jpg
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yuk and gross
    it even tastes like ****
    just stop
    try whiskey
    better tasting
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Unfortunately I am not help to this topic...Diet Coke is the nectar of the gods.

However, I can say that I used to drink Diet Coke daily and also snacked a lot. I now go for the nectar MAYBE once a week (more so a 1-2 times a month) and I have no urge to snack anymore. Not sure if the two correlate, but it's possible!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'd be so pleased to help you reach your goals.

Please to send all your diet coke to

MCD c/o MCD
    12345 MCD Avenue
    MCD California, 91MCD
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    diet coke os gross and will kill you.

coke zero vanilla on the other hand will make all your dreams come true :drinker:

FIFY :flowerforyou:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I drank coke for a whole summer when taking classes in college...first time addicted to sodas, and did not realize it.
    I quit drinking it when the classes were done, and found myself laying around for a week with a headache.
    Quitting cold-turkey is one option.
    I think sodas are better replaced with cultured fizzy drinks....kombucha is an example. GT Dave's Synergy is an example, I love those! They're actually really good for you, give you a sense of well-being and have vitamins and other factors in them.
    That "sense of well-being" could easily be related to Kombucha's alcohol content.
    NO, the alcohol content is monitored. It is, apparently, the acids...they relax the gut muscles. Also contains vitamin b12.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Diet coke will give you gonorrhea...its true I read it in Men's health!
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    I have started my quest to quit Coke Zero thisweek...
    Day 1: SUCCESS! Temptation was huge - I went to do my grocery shopping and there is a whole aisle of sugary drinks - which I always walk past by and then at the very end of the aisle is the sugar free COKE ZERO smiling at me...then the smaller packages at the check in counter ...but I won :)
    Day2: success -so far. I avoided grabbing a can on the way to work! :)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Have you considered Teen Challenge?