Sweets, sugar, chocolate... uhgg I think I died.

Options

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    look at the tickers of the people who are telling you to not deprive yourself and eat the chocolate. /thread.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    look at the tickers of the people who are telling you to not deprive yourself and eat the chocolate. /thread.
    Except I just reset mine for the new year--it's at zero. :laugh:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    And then some of us are not, in fact, cutting right now at all. :huh: I'm working on a different goal ATM.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Cannot stop thinking about buying a chocolate candy bar or bag of candy... haven't gotten over craving sweet things.. not even by a little bit =(

So buy a candy bar.

If you keep trying to deny yourself a candy bar that you really want, you'll end up passed out face first into a 5-lb bag of Reese's Pieces with your face covered in runny mascara.

There's nothing wrong with a candy bar. Eat one.

"Eat one" may be the issue. Some people can't have just one. One turns into 2, then before you know it, you've eaten about ten times more than you should.

OP, you're not cravings sweets and chocolate. You don't need them, you want them. You need nutrients...eat those instead.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Cannot stop thinking about buying a chocolate candy bar or bag of candy... haven't gotten over craving sweet things.. not even by a little bit =(

So buy a candy bar.

If you keep trying to deny yourself a candy bar that you really want, you'll end up passed out face first into a 5-lb bag of Reese's Pieces with your face covered in runny mascara.

"Eat one" may be the issue. Some people can't have just one. One turns into 2, then before you know it, you've eaten about ten times more than you should.

OP, you're not cravings sweets and chocolate. You don't need them, you want them. You need nutrients...eat those instead.

She's 26, and if that's her in her profile picture, I hardly think a piece of chocolate is going to hurt her.
    If YOU have a bad relationship with food, I'm sorry that has happened to you. Sincerely.
    But just judging by OP's profile, she doesn't appear to have the same problem.

Now... if OP has a chocolate allergy or whatever, different story...
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

So buy a candy bar.

No. I've tried telling my body it doesn't want chocolate. It responds by making me want chocolate AND potato chips. Now I just have a little chocolate when the craving hits. I work it into my calories and that's it. No binging, no brain damage, happy body.

You know what causes people to "not have just one"? Deprivation and over-thinking. RE: The story about landing face down in a 5lb bag of Reese's Pieces.

Not everyone has the "can't eat just one" problem.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    And then some of us are not, in fact, cutting right now at all. :huh: I'm working on a different goal ATM.

I count you as one of the good guys.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

I count you as one of the good guys.
    Ohhh! :laugh: I'm sorry! I took that like "look at the tickers of the people who are telling you not to deprive yourself and telling you to eat the chocolate and that will tell you what you need to know", as in "I've only lost 7 pounds, so what do I know?" (when I have been successful with weight loss in the past).

1378594306000.gif
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

So buy a candy bar.

No. I've tried telling my body it doesn't want chocolate. It responds by making me want chocolate AND potato chips. Now I just have a little chocolate when the craving hits. I work it into my calories and that's it. No binging, no brain damage, happy body.

You know what causes people to "not have just one"? Deprivation and over-thinking. RE: The story about landing face down in a 5lb bag of Reese's Pieces.

if you're actually craving chocolate you could be deficient in magnesium.

I realise not everyone has the "can't eat just one" problem. which is why I said "some people"
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

So buy a candy bar.

She's 26, and if that's her in her profile picture, I hardly think a piece of chocolate is going to hurt her.
    If YOU have a bad relationship with food, I'm sorry that has happened to you. Sincerely.
    But just judging by OP's profile, she doesn't appear to have the same problem.

Now... if OP has a chocolate allergy or whatever, different story...

I have a great relationship with food, thanks for your concern. I don't need to eat chocolate. and I rarely get cravings...if I do, they aren't cravings that I need to post on a forum about..so I think i'm good.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    I have a great relationship with food, thanks for your concern. I don't need to eat chocolate. and I rarely get cravings...if I do, they aren't cravings that I need to post on a forum about..so I think i'm good.
    Well, that's a relief. Then how about don't eat the chocolate? And new folks who are trying to get a handle on things can start learning the indispensable skill of moderation, without which weight maintenance is almost doomed to fail.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Well, that's a relief. Then how about don't eat the chocolate? And new folks who are trying to get a handle on things can start learning the indispensable skill of moderation, without which weight maintenance is almost doomed to fail.

i have chocolate if I want it. but i don't need it.

many people can't do moderation. not everyone can have "just one". for those people, not having any is the best way to go. do you tell an alcoholic to just drink in moderation?
  • nan610
    nan610 Posts: 1
    Options
    That's my problem, learning to stop at just one.
  • nevertoooldtodoit
    nevertoooldtodoit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am right this minute eating a skinny cow chocolate truffle ice cream bar good substitute.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options

So buy a candy bar.

I love chocolate covered potato chips! :D
  • EmilyLock
    EmilyLock Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, so I limit myself to savoury foods only until 6pm, which works for me. The only exception I allow myself is sweet white grapes - they keep me going until the deadline's passed!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate literally every day. I'm currently trying to decide on tonight's chocolate food of choice.

I say: eat it, log it, and carry on.

There's no reason why you can't work your favorite treats into your calorie goal. :smile:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

many people can't do moderation. not everyone can have "just one". for those people, not having any is the best way to go. do you tell an alcoholic to just drink in moderation?
    No, I don't. But you don't *need* alcohol. You *do* need to eat, so you *do* need to develop a healthy relationship with food. I never said that is easy. It took me 4 years to get to this place where I can eat sweets moderately.
  • cm3540
    cm3540 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, holiday food and holiday drinking = feeling absolutely terrible (almost back to my heaviest weight) so now I am trying to get back on track with a vengence
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

No, I don't. But you don't *need* alcohol. You *do* need to eat, so you *do* need to develop a healthy relationship with food. I never said that is easy. It took me 4 years to get to this place where I can eat sweets moderately.

You need food, but you don't need sweets and chocolate. You are not going to die without them

Everyone has different ways to deal with their food issues. Most of the other posts told the op to just eat what she wanted. Perhaps that's not the answer for her, so I'm not sure how it's wrong to offer an alternative.