• kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Wow, simply amazing !
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My first thought was "Holy cr@p!" :)
    You look amazing! I wouldn't have recognised you as being the same person, well done for all your hard work, it has paid off big time. You should be so proud of yourself, especially with a 2 year old to chase round after. Awesome!
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!!!!!
  • NickyDiam
    NickyDiam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nothing to add but "WOW"!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My mom thinks I wouldnt gain as much and will lose it quicker because I know what I"m doing and I know how I lost it before.

Your mom's right - you've got this! Fantastic job. Very impressive!
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the response! I know I've got a ways to go to tighten up the loose skin but I do feel better knowing where I started at and seeing how far I've come. I thought I should add that I am 5'4" tall so you can get a better idea of where my weight/height ratio is.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    An inspiration to us all
  • goKimmer
    goKimmer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal! Just what I want to do! Very inspirational! Thanks for sharing.
  • SherryL0419
    SherryL0419 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You have done amazing!! Congrats!!
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • aneciarobinson
    aneciarobinson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! Way to go!!!
  • tristaj90
    Options
    Just wanted to jump in again and thank everyone for the compliments! I really just was hoping that I would inspire someone. I have had friends ask what I did and it makes me feel good to share my story and I hope that I can encourage others to lose weight. Main thing is to remember that YOU need to find YOUR REASON to get there. I was picked on by my little brother and even my mom (she says she did it lovingly because she was concerned for me, but it didn't feel that way to me) all while growing up, but it took til I had my son to make me say that ENOUGH was ENOUGH and I had to do something. My brother is proud of my accomplishments (he and my dad have been lifting weights in the "gym" -their basement- since my brother was like 12 so he's RIPPED along with my dad) so to hear from him that he was proud of me was a great thing as well.
    No one can force anyone to change themselves. If you are doing this for someone else then you will fail. Find your motivation and never give up! Hard work, determination, dedication. You are the only one who can control you, don't forget that. You can all succeed if you remind yourselves why you're on this journey and focus on that.
  • FindMyInnerAthlete
    FindMyInnerAthlete Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Such an inspiration!
  • tristaj90
    Options
    You look amazing! Such an inspiration!

Thank you so much!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to jump in again and thank everyone for the compliments! I really just was hoping that I would inspire someone. I have had friends ask what I did and it makes me feel good to share my story and I hope that I can encourage others to lose weight. Main thing is to remember that YOU need to find YOUR REASON to get there. I was picked on by my little brother and even my mom (she says she did it lovingly because she was concerned for me, but it didn't feel that way to me) all while growing up, but it took til I had my son to make me say that ENOUGH was ENOUGH and I had to do something. My brother is proud of my accomplishments (he and my dad have been lifting weights in the "gym" -their basement- since my brother was like 12 so he's RIPPED along with my dad) so to hear from him that he was proud of me was a great thing as well.
    No one can force anyone to change themselves. If you are doing this for someone else then you will fail. Find your motivation and never give up! Hard work, determination, dedication. You are the only one who can control you, don't forget that. You can all succeed if you remind yourselves why you're on this journey and focus on that.

I totally get what you're saying about family comments and how it can damage your self-image. When I was a teenager, my mom's husband ( I refuse to call him a step-anything), used to call me "Thunder Thighs" all the time. I still sometimes catch myself thinking my thighs are too big, or fat. I'm a size 2/3. I know I'm not too big but that stuff sticks with you.
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job! Our stories sound somewhat alike! So inspiring!
  • tristaj90
    Options

I totally get what you're saying about family comments and how it can damage your self-image. When I was a teenager, my mom's husband ( I refuse to call him a step-anything), used to call me "Thunder Thighs" all the time. I still sometimes catch myself thinking my thighs are too big, or fat. I'm a size 2/3. I know I'm not too big but that stuff sticks with you.

That sounds horrible! What an inconsiderate jerk. My mom would just say "you keep going the way you're going and you wont live to see 16" and she'd increase the age as I got older. My brother would call me tubby or if he got mad at me he'd be like "shut up, you're so fat".. and a lot of that was kids being kids but it hurt. My mom always just did snide comments that she'd never admit to actually saying now. She just says now that she was only concerned because when she'd sit next to me at church she could hear me breathing and it sounded like I'd just run a marathon. I get that you want your kids to be healthy but you need to take a positive approach, not focus on the negative.
  • Lannister80
    Options
    You look AMAZING. Well done!! You really do look at LEAST 10 years younger. Very inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!