Replies

• lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Fellow 40's gal here. Feel free to add!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    No way. This "switch flipping" thing might be contagious.

(I'm in the better shape now at 42 than I was at 22. It takes me longer to recover, and I'm more likely to hurt myself, but I'm in much better shape.)
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and always looking for motivating MFP friends. Feel free to add me.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

(I'm in the better shape now at 42 than I was at 22. It takes me longer to recover, and I'm more likely to hurt myself, but I'm in much better shape.)
    This. I'm 44 and my 'metabolism slowing down' (and then 'speeding up' again) coincided with my activity level rather than my age.
  • earthpigidaho
    Options
    43 here. Weight definitely goes ON very easily in your 40s!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

This. I'm 44 and my 'metabolism slowing down' (and then 'speeding up' again) coincided with my activity level rather than my age.

same thing for me
  • Wayne092
    Options
    44 here. Starting over.
  • cm3540
    cm3540 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and just started using mfp... so far so good... please add me...I need accountability!!
  • RachtheOzkiwi
    RachtheOzkiwi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    add me if you want
  • climbingweightgoal
    Options
    I too need friends in their 40's! I am 44 soon to be 45 and OMG, I can't believe how things have changed in my 40s.. especially in the last year or two!
  • SCPeachey
    Options
    Hi I'm 47 and I need some new friends also... So add me and I'll do the same... Lets do this you guys!!!! I need as many friends as I can get... Add, add, add away... Smiling
  • badfeet67
    Options
    I'm 46 (guy) and in the process of losing 110-120#. 50 down so far.

I log every day and have an open diary. I try to participate as much as possible with the friends on my list.

Anyone can feel free to send a friend request if they so desire.
  • t73reed
    t73reed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Please add me, am struggling a bit myself. Very slow.
  • diana5066
    diana5066 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    48 next month.. and just starting a learn to run program.. determined to be able to run by summer... never too old !!
  • WeightWatcher67
    WeightWatcher67 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 46 years old and I have lost 135 pounds in 5 years following Weight Watchers. I have never went to a meeting and follow dwlz.com for all the information that I need. I lost 50 pounds last year and want to lose another 50 this year, then 20 pounds more after that.
  • astronut96
    astronut96 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    44 here and yes everything has slowed down a bit and recovery has definitely gotten harder. But, I still feel strong & these are definitely some of the best years of my life.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • Missou
    Missou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 46, I had a serious car accident when I was 19. I have a motor deficiency. I can walk but can not run. My metabolism slowed down in my late 30's. I am not that fat but I still want to loose some 15 pounds, get stronger as quickly as I can but my body doesn't want to cooperate. It is always in pain. You know that kick in the butt that we need? Don't make it hurt too bad :laugh:
  • varguel1
    varguel1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 49 and just started this week. I have 35 lbs to lose. I have been trying on and off for a couple of years, but this yr it has to be done. You can add me if you like
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and still alive! I've lost 35 and have 20 to go. You can do it! Move more and eat less. It's worked for me.

Add me if you'd like.