Tattoos - How Many is Too Many?

Options

Replies

• Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    However many that person decides to have is enough. Not my place to judge.

I have 6. None show in jeans & a tee and didn't show in uniform when I was active duty unless you counted pt shorts. So for me that works. Will I add more? Maybe... maybe not.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    1 is too many for me. I am a (no joke) a conspiracy theorist and am ready to live off the land should things get weird in this country. I don't want any visible markings that I can't remove myself and I also have a theory that the government can more easily put biological tracking mechanisms into things you consent to yourself, like shots, tattoos, etc.

We don't need biological tracking to find you!

Eyeofsauron.jpg
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I have just the one and thats enough for me :)
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Inked girls are sexy!

As I could see at least some natural skin....it´s perfect :)
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of face or neck tats. I do however like large covrage, full sleeves or socks. I don't have any myself but I am wanting a large side piece. Go big or go home! However I'm going to be very picky about the artist so who knows how long it will be before I'm able to get it done.
  • goneforawhile
    goneforawhile Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Anything but the head...
  • isabele123
    isabele123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos I have one sleeve done and I am working on the other arm now so I don't really have a limit on tattoos but I will say that I do not like the look of a tattoo on the face so that is the only spot I would say no for tattoos.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Only criminals and sloots get tattoos. :angry:
    One is too many.

Let me guess, you have a problem with tattoos?

Someone mentioned it's like wearable art. I love that quote. If a tattoo is nicely done, it is like a piece of art.

I had a lot of negative comments on getting a tattoo. I never though people would react so strongly to them. Suddenly everyone has an opinion. And that's okay. It's not for them. It's for me. And to be honest I don't think you can de-value yourself simply by getting a tattoo. That's a really stupid way of thinking and to me says a lot about the person who thinks that way. Those are the kind of people that don't like anyone who stands out of the crowd.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    theres no "too many"
  • DeeDoy
    DeeDoy Posts: 45
    Options
    It's personal choice in having them and/or liking them on others. I have two full sleeves, one on the back of my neck, base of my back that leads into a design down both my outside legs. I also have tattoos on my feet - which I hate, not the tattoos the feet lol. I think feet are ugly (even my own) but with the tattoos I don't mind them so much.

I also agree that well done tend to be better than rough ones, that said there is often meaning behind each and every tattoo and it's cool to hear the stories of the tattoos even if you don't like the result (at least for me) it's why I tend to watch Miami Ink, LA Ink etc

I also like the vibe in tattoo and piercing parlors (I have a few piercings too) they tend to be full of cool people and very nonjudgmental places - my views there have changed a lot since going into one, prior I found them a little intimidating, likely due to stereotyping, glad I got over my insecurities as I love my ink :happy:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's too many when there is no more canvas, no room for more. :bigsmile:

I only have one. Sucks being poor. *kicks rock*
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    No such thing.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    one
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    What bothers me are lots of bad tattoos.

^^^ Totally THIS
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    i want one but im to much of a wuss!
    But id say lizard man is to many lol
  • embaudin
    embaudin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What is it that bothers you about them ?

I'm just a bit old school, I don't think that the body should have markings on them. They are fine if others want to get them but it's never really been anything I'm interested in doing. The same applies to piercings (unless it's ears) or even branding. A good buddy of mine belongs to a fraternity and has this huge a## brand on his right shoulder. Ouch!

I can relate to what you're saying.
    Personally, I dont mind if a chick has tattoos .. but there's is a point where it becomes excessive.
    I guess it really depends on the individual.
    If it nicely done, or put together well .. it doesnt really bug me.

Its when they have them all randomly placed and look like they were done by someone with a paperclip in their basement .. that's when I dont like it.

Do it right, or not at all .. thats kind of my opnion.

I agree that on some they can look 'excessive' and others it just tends to highlight their personality and does suit them (I'm someone who a full sleeve would not look good on, my arm would probably resemble a newspaper collage). I've always been fussy about the artist that does my tattoos. They HAVE to know what they're doing and be DAMN good at it. Each of my tats has a purpose/reason behind them and I have plans for more, but won't get them done until I've reached certain goals/life markers I've set for myself. I'm getting my 3rd tattoo when I've lost my 3rd stone of weight. I have one on my right foot close to my ankle (the writing is in Hebrew and the 'loose' translation is: Its between me & God - kind of a reference to my personal (and metaphorical) Achillies heel). Another on my inner left forearm as tribute to one of my grandmother's who passed early last year - when my other grandmother passes, I will do something to remember her on my right forearm - for me, I will be able to say that on the day I have my first child that 'they' are holding my baby with me.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    For me: 1

For others: not my call
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    One is too many. When the meat and potatoes suck, you cover them with gravy to mask the bad flavor. Your body is already perfect the way God created it. No need to cover it up.

:noway:

It's not about covering up anything, it's wearable art.

Yeah I can understand that. And I certainly love artistic expression. But I just love the female body so much. It is just so perfect and beautiful. I just hate for it to be covered in any way.

it doesn't cover anything, just alters the color of some skin. Are you a colorist? :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    on a woman, 1 is too many.

Ah...one chauvinist in this thread is too many...
  • Kayzia_M
    Kayzia_M Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    15. thats a bit much. 1-5 is ok, 6-9 is fine 10-14 is tolerable but fifteen?!!! aaaaaa!!! thats waaaay too much! lol