What to do with snow?

Options
13»

Replies

• katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen snow in years. Last night was the first under freezing in two winters for us. You could ship some for me? I love a little cold.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how this can be good, it's like heaven on a stick! I must insist on the REAL maple syrup part though...
    take clean snow, place it in a large flat dish. Boil some Maple Syrup(real stuff not the weird American sugar syrup) then place it on the snow in a long line, take a popsicle stick and roll it....EPIC!

Found it!
    http://www.canadianliving.com/moms/food/how_to_make_maple_syrup_taffy_pops.php

AH! This is what I've heard about! Is it good? I didn't think about the snow cone idea, either... and now I'm wondering how a rum snow cone would taste.

We're planning a big trip to the states and canada around Christmas this year - I read about this when I was researching things and can't wait to try it :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    don't eat it if it's yellow...
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I live in Chicago and am sick of all
    the cold and snow!!!!!!!!!

FIFTEEN BELOW here the other morning. I'm wearing thermal underwear, sweatshirt, fleece housecoat, barn parka over that, and I'm still cold. We put wood on the fire every couple of hours all night, and it's still 55 to 60 degrees in the house. I hate winter so much I can't even tell you. Living in Michigan is miserable in winter.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Best recipe thread ever.
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    Best board topic ever! You are awesome! XD

I have a lot of snow too, take some of mine! :P
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Bring it inside and allow it to melt. Once it is melted, put it into an ice tray and freeze. Tada! ICE!

ETA: ice is zero calories and zero carbs. And totes paleo.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    Bring it inside and allow it to melt. Once it is melted, put it into an ice tray and freeze. Tada! ICE!

ETA: ice is zero calories and zero carbs. And totes paleo.
    Ice from the feeezer isn't paleo though, only icebergs, snow, and hail count!
  • Jericha1992
    Jericha1992 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

I just followed this recipe, except instead of vanilla, I used a packet of hot cocoa mix (with marshmallows).

Made an AWESOME frozen hot chocolate.

Not sure about the calorie count, but it's amazingly delicious.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    funny-snowman.jpg

Awwwwww, nooooo.......
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Shovel it...

then make ice cream by mixing it with Sweetened condensed milk......
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    take clean snow, place it in a large flat dish. Boil some Maple Syrup(real stuff not the weird American sugar syrup) then place it on the snow in a long line, take a popsicle stick and roll it....EPIC!

Found it!
    http://www.canadianliving.com/moms/food/how_to_make_maple_syrup_taffy_pops.php
    Pictures dammit!
    2012Dec_042.jpg
    In Vermont, where the syrup is VERY real...it's called Sugar Snow. Bonus point for drinking the sugary melted snow that's left in the bottom of the pan after you're done. We'd make it every winter when I was a kid because my dad tapped our maples and made gallons of syrup. It's one of my most treasured childhood memories of my dad...Thank you for the wonderful memory flashback!