George Foreman chicken breast too dry

Options
2»

Replies

• JohnDowding
    JohnDowding Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like my GF too, but find it just as easy to pop the chicken into the oven for 35 minutes. Comes out much better IMHO.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast tends to be dry anyway because of the lack of fat. I suggest cooking it in the oven at a higher temp for a shorter period of time. I just don't the GF gets hot enough. Also, do not pierce the breast or the juices will leak out.

Or switch to chicken thigh meat.
  • kittymari
    kittymari Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I cover my food up with tinfoil while its cooking, I have the same problem with dryness, even with burgers or steaks.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    A little bit of olive oil and don't over cook them. They will be perfect :smile:
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    George Foreman grills cook really fast. Mine doesn't have temperature control so its always on the highest temp. I cook my chicken breast for 4 minutes. No more , no less.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Google some chicken marinade recipes and cook them for a couple minutes less than you usually do. Use a meat thermometer. Remember that food continues to cook AFTER you take it off the grill. :)
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I cook nearly everything on a George Foreman nowadays. Less cook time will keep it from drying out; so if your meat is super frozen, thaw it first (had to do this when cooking some Swai recently).
  • KiKiWoods
    KiKiWoods Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fillet the breast first so that it cooks evenly then take it off the heat a few minutes early and let it rest. I find it stays juicy when you let it rest.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Pound the chicken thinner or butterfly it (cut it in half thick-wise and open it like a book). Too thick a breast will turn out dry no matter how you cook it because it takes so log to cook the center.
  • ldarlener
    ldarlener Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the ideas. I think the olive oil, marinade and aluminum foil ideas are brilliant.
    I will definately try those. I'm not sure how long they were cooked. Hubby did it.
    And I will be trying thighs as that is my favorite.
  • PoeRaven8991
    Options
    Could be they were overcooked. I cook my chicken breasts for 5 minutes. NO LONGER! Place on platter, cover tightly with foil and let set for another five minutes. They always come out juicy and delicious.

:drinker:
  • BeccaLou1987
    BeccaLou1987 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cook them directly out of the freezer. Don't thaw. Same goes with on a traditional grill. They'll be more moist and taste wonderful!

Just a general rule about poultry, please make sure you're cooking it to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything below runs the risk of getting you sick. If you don't have one, invest in a meat thermometer. They come in handy!

Source: Momma is a lunch lady :)
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Try wrapping it in foil and then putting it in the grill. I cook mine for about 5 minutes if they're thin, 6 if they're thicker cut. Keep it wrapped in the foil and let it sit for about 2 minutes before eating it. I also like to put picante sauce or salsa mixed with reduced fat sour cream over them after cooking as my sauce. The foil helps make cleanup easier too!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Love my Foreman Grill for steaks, but for chicken it has to be seared in a frying pan and finished in the oven. Too dry otherwise.
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I grill chicken for lunch/dinner at work roughly 4 times a week. Most of the breasts I buy are frozen, and each on is about 8 oz. I normally butterfly the breast and then throw it on the grill (this is after thawing it with cold running water for a few minutes). They always come out amazing! It doesn't take long to cook a chicken breast on a George Foreman grill...I have one of the smallest varieties, too.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Back when I had my Foreman grill I never had a problem with them being too dry. I found it was a matter of finding the right length of time to cook that worked for my equipment. Marinating is a great idea to help too!