Replies

• april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    must bump
  • jweindruch
    jweindruch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm actually following a similar diet. I eat a mostly organic whole foods plant based diet. I've lost 19.5 pounds in just 48 days. I can attest that eating a plant based diet makes me feel satisfied, happy, and healthy.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I was a strict vegan for 4 years, honestly, it was the worst I felt in my life. I believe it was an intolerance to grains that made me feel low energy and crappy.
  • michc24
    michc24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @vegangirl102, if you are able to exercise, you should definitely do so regularly (regardless of your impending trip) and it will probably help with weight loss. Exercise is important not only for weight loss but also overall health. It is important to do cardio and strength exercises that are appropriate for your age, weight, activity level, etc. For example, moderate strength training helps maintain bone density, which depletes as we age and is why older people break their bones more easily. Also, everyone looks better when they are more toned after major weight loss!

I read Eat to Live while I was injured and couldn't exercise. Once I was able to be more active, it only helped: I felt and looked so much better adding in exercise!. Your goal is ambitious and the amount of weight that is realistic for you to lose healthily depends on your current weight. I lost 10lbs in a month, but I wasn't very overweight to begin, maybe by 20lbs.

Also, if you read the book, Dr Fuhrman explains how your body will continue to drop the pounds and getting to an ideal weight. The book goes beyond 6 weeks. Some of the responses/reviews I've come across, make the book sound like a short-term diet, when it is about making lifestyle changes.

Anyway, be careful with any diet/exercise routine you adopt and good luck :)
  • duranchick72
    duranchick72 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing a modified ETL diet? I read the book and started to follow the diet. I am not a vegetarian so it's thought. I've been using a small amount of salad dressings, salt and olive oil. I've lost a few pounds since I started and feel great.
  • punkrockprincess23
    punkrockprincess23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    im so excited to try this!!! anyone have an example of what they ate in a day on this plan?
    like breakfast, lunch, dinner,snacks

its also hard because im a very picky eater-i dont like fish, eggs, and alot of veggies :( (my mom was a picky eater growing up so we didnt eat a variety of things, now that im older i cant get into a lot of things)

i do like chicken, lettuce,broccoli, peas, carrots, potato, yam, bean sprout, peppers,

i wanna stay away from breads, pastries, cheese, pasta, beef -some of my weaknesses that I can live without because they make me feel yucky after i love them.

any help is greatl;y appreciated!!!!!!!
  • FitAddictAmanda
    Options
    Anyone eating this way now? I am on day 2 (about a week being vegan overall) and I am down 4 pounds. I'm loving it!
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    Bump
  • fulaless
    fulaless Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • arios952013
    arios952013 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've been dabbling in it - I am on Day 2 of the Aggressive Plan ETL.... we'll see... :-)
  • Fitn50Grandma
    Fitn50Grandma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of Eat To Live and the scale has finally moved! I love veggies and fruit and beans....Although, I don't like that I cannot have honey on my oatmeal. I'm not sure why honey is banned even though I've read the book...guess I didn't understand that part.

Oh well.....I covered the oatmeal in berries for breakfast with my flax seed this morning. It was pretty good.

So far I like it and joined their weight loss online community. There are a lot of success stories on there. Pretty inspiring.
    http://www.drfuhrman.com/default.aspx

I hope to get my 40+ pounds off with this new way of eating!
  • arios952013
    Options
    Welcome!

Awesome News Fit50Grandma! come join us in the Fuhrman February blog! I am on Day 9 and have lost about 4 pounds I know tomorrow will make 5 - and what is so great about this is you don't have to kill yourself in the gym you can use it to sculpt your body as you lose through strength training - I will probably continue doing cardio every other day for 30 minutes - but no more long hours like I was doing... Adding Friend Request too!

53099968.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • RayF24
    RayF24 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 and lost a total of 10 pounds... before I started E2L I worked out 4-5 a week, and was just on a low carb diet, and not really losing much weight. but now, even though im losing fast, i dont feel energized to workout. anyone else experiencing that? like i almost feel lethargic all the time. I generally have low blood pressure and im wondering if the "no salt" factor in E2L is contraindicating my blood pressure situation and making me feel worse.
    any suggestions??
  • CaitlinEats
    CaitlinEats Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm reviving this thread! I lost about 35 lbs in 4-5 months on ETL a couple of years ago, but gained most of it back because I got lazy. I have stuck with the vegan diet all along, but ate way too many grains, oils, and processed vegan foods.

I'm now a month back into ETL and down 15 lbs! The best thing, though, is the energy. I just keep going all day long with no fatigue, and I find myself in a great mood almost all the time.

I'm happy to share recipes and ideas. I love to cook and have a stash of recipes that I've blogged about at http://caitlineats.wordpress.com/.

And I hope to be better about blogging my new recipes at my new blog, http://www.thewellroundedlife.com/

I feel like ETL is a magical potion for weight loss, energy, and happiness! Good luck everyone!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I have seen this on a pbs special about his diet and think it is very nice, I don't know that I could eat this way but do believe it would be healthy and ward of diseases for sure, congrats on your weight loss.
  • blackizbutiful
    blackizbutiful Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am actually day 8 into eating without meat...just eggs. I feel so clean, no bloating however I have been eating wild rice so I don't know if that counts...I am planning on starting from tomorrow the ETL lifestyle and see how my body responds to it. I have been reading a bit on the subject and I am now ready to start. The good thing is my public library has the book so I am planning to get it from there and see where it goes
  • arios952013
    Options
    Hi everyone! I really like ETL!

RayF24, you should get a blood test and then let your physician know you will eating very little to no meat, dairy, etc. make sure your B12 is good, and if it is you will need at least B12 supplements (check with your doctor). I had my blood tested again after doing ETL for a while to see what my body was deficient in - I ended up with B12 shots. My other levels were good! Cholesterol was GREAT! (total 159)

CaitlinEats, I feel the same way about ETL! Look forward to reading your blog! Come join us for the monthly thread.

Blackizbutifu, Wild Rice is allowed. Try the Aggressive 60 day plan (it is close to the recipes at the end of the book). Good luck to you!

Feel free to friend me... I've been missing in action lately - the girls in the monthly forum are super helpful!

Angie
  • hblakey81
    hblakey81 Posts: 1
    Options
    This is all so great! I've been vegan for years and briefly tried the strict ETL plan last summer.... that didn't last so long. I'm now doing what I call Eat to Live....ish. Its working so great and I'm so thrilled to not count calories or weigh my food. I've not had any great magical moments from eating this way but I have been sleeping better.

Caitlin, I look forward to following your blog.

I started one to mostly just log what I eat on a daily basis to give vegans and other ETLers menu ides http://eattoliveish.blogspot.com. I hope others join in and share how good food can be while treating your body well!
  • Megabit15
    Megabit15 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks so much for all who have posted their success stories on ETL. I started 3 days ago. I'm following the program quite closely, but am allowing myself 1 slice of organic, freshly milled bread per day. (this is actually allowed). I have a lot more energy, my head is clearer.

I do have one problem on ETL that I hope y'all can help with please?

It is the beans. They give me gas and bloating. Sometimes the gas is foul! I chew my food well. The beans are from a can, so they are soaked. Am I doing something wrong? Will this bean issue go away if I stick with the plan?

• michelea1010
    michelea1010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats. That is a great start toward your goal. You must be excited.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!