What did you have/will you have for lunch?

Options

Replies

• rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    how do you make spaghetti squah chicken alfredo??? it sounds awesome!!! I tried making spaghetti squash once and it didnt turn out too good.

Don't know how you cooked it previously, but squash is pretty simple. Just cut in half, scoop out the seeds, and bake in a pan with a little water at 350 for, oh, 45-60 minutes, depending on its size. Basically, cook until you can easily stick a fork in it. Once it's cooled enough to handle (or you have oven mitts), use a fork to pull out the innards. Spaghetti squash will pull out in strings. If you cut it in half lengthwise, the strings will be longer, but it's harder than cutting it in half widthwise. :)

Pour alfredo sauce over it, and voila! My hubby and I also add grilled chicken to ours.

My lunch was leftovers from dinner last night: Homemade spicy peanut chicken over white rice. So yummy!
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup of homemade chili.
    (1/2 lean ground beef- 1/2 lean turkey, small amount of pinto and kidney beans, tomatoes and onions)
    Topped with 4 sliced red jalapeno peppers from the garden.
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    I was bad, but I am carbo loading for a 5k tommorrow and my Mom wanted to eat Lotsa Noodles, Buttery Egg Noodles, with Double mushrooms and Green Onions. Not sure the calorie count on it , but was REALLLY GOOOOODDDD!!!
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    1 wedge of Laughing Cow Herb and Garlic cheese
    17 Pepperidge Farm wheat crackers
    17 Hormel Turkey Pepperonis
    2oz (4 slices) Hillshire Farm sliced thin Honey Ham

Totals 305 calories and Im stuffed! Also drank 32 oz of water.
    Now off to the treadmill!
  • WeakCalves
    WeakCalves Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I’ll have steamed broccoli, turkey muffins (my healthy recipe) and one sliced tomato.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Leftover dinner: Orzo with bell peppers, onions, shrimp, and tomatoes. Calories: 251
    Probably will have some baby carrots with hummus: another 85
    total: 336
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    :sad: I just ate my whole day's worth of cals for lunch! :sad:

I will have to skip dinner and REALLY work the treadmill tonight to make up for this disaster!

Salsbury steak with brown gravy
    Butter beans in a bacon sauce that will make you wanna slap yo' momma
    Okra and tomatoes
    Mac and cheese
    Sweet cornbread
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    I'm having salmon and a spinach salad.
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    :sad: I just ate my whole day's worth of cals for lunch! :sad:

I will have to skip dinner and REALLY work the treadmill tonight to make up for this disaster!

Salsbury steak with brown gravy
    Butter beans in a bacon sauce that will make you wanna slap yo' momma
    Okra and tomatoes
    Mac and cheese
    Sweet cornbread

The slap yo momma line cracked me up :)
    And dont feel bad! Ive been there, done that! At least you have a great mindset about how to overcome this one setback! I always have a hard time regaining my focus after a meal or day like that. Great job staying focused on the prize! (Our goals and current weights are similar...we are SOOO close to success!)
  • bhonniered
    Options
    3/4 cup of pumpkin soup from Fresh & Easy (yummy) 90 cal
    1 piece of garlic naan (even yummier) 210 cal
    16 oz of water
  • boweg
    boweg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had a turkey burger on an Arnold Sandwich thin with laughing cow cheese and 1 tbl barbecue sauce....330 calories! I have it almost everyday. I love it :)
  • NJS_2
    NJS_2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Beefsteak - Pumpernickle Bread, 2 slice 120 cal.
    Spartan - Premium Sliced Roasted Turkey Breast, 2 slice (28g) 60 cal.
    Spartan - Fat Free Singles - American Cheese, 1 slice (21g) 30 cal.
    (just mustard on the above sandwich)

Breakstone's - 2% Milkfat Small Curd Lowfat Cottage Cheese-Snack Size, 1 container 90 cal.

Cucumber - Raw, With Peel, 3.1 oz 12 cal.

312 calories. Same thing I eat every day. Has my 2 dairy, and one veggie, 1 grain, and 2 ozs of low fat meat. I follow it with a fruit for snack a couple hours later which keeps me from raiding the snack shelf in the store attached to my office. heh
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I cut the squash in half, long ways-take out the guts, bake it on the rhine at 375 for 40 minutes and then take a fork and rake it out of the rhine and then put anything I want to on it/with it. I used alfredo sauce and the Tyson Precooked grilled chicken strips. LOVE IT.
  • skylersnanna
    Options
    I had 2 cups of fresh garden salad ( lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mushrooms, red & green peppers ) no dressing
    2 slices fresh turkey
    and some yoplait source strawberry yoghurt
  • scrapjones
    scrapjones Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1 whole wheat (Orowheat) Sandwich thin -100
    4 slices Hormel natural smoked ham -60
    1 slice Sargento reduced fat pepperjack cheese (sliced)- 60
    1/4 smashed small avocado (acts as mayo, but is yummier and healthier-@55
    a TBS or so of sliced red onion
    a large can of low sodium v-8 -70
    and don't forget the Water!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    A big plate of sashimi (assorted), a few pieces of cucumber maki roll and a seaweed salad from my favorite sushi restaurant! All protein and veggies! Then I washed it down with a no sugar added strawberry frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries, coconut and carob chips.

I'm the posterwoman of health today, I tell ya! ;)
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Today's lunch was so depressing!

I had a serving of sugar free grape jelly and half a serving of peanut butter over two wheat deli round flats. Also a protein shake. I was so sad at how meager it looked. At least is was only 335 calories total.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    nachos!!!
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    my favorite, peanut butter n jam sandwich YUM 280cals=)
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I had a small chili from Wendy's and 1/2 banana for 270 calories. Love Wendy's chili. :heart: