What are your binge day calories?

Options
So on a nice binge day, how many calories do you consume?

When I started MFP, it was 2800. Now that I'm better at this it's 2300.

How about you?

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Why do you have a binge day??
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Why do you have a binge day??

This-did you accidentally post this in the wrong section? My maintenance calories are around 2,300 and I can barely get them all in :tongue:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    No, I guess my real question is when you have a day (usually weekend for me) of overeating a bit, how high do you go?
  • twixlepennie
    Options
    No, I guess my real question is when you have a day (usually weekend for me) of overeating a bit, how high do you go?

My weekends can get up in the 4,000 calorie range (pretty sure that's what this past Friday came in at :laugh: ). But I don't consider that binging because I eat in a high/low calorie pattern (carried over from my weight loss days of doing alternate day IF). I have higher calorie weekends and then my week days are usually lower calories. It all evens out and I'm maintaining really well :smile:

ETA: So for example-
    Friday-4,000 calories
    Saturday-2,500 calories
    Sunday-2,500 calories
    Monday-1,500 calories
    Tuesday-2,500 calories
    Wednesday-1,500 calories
    =14,500 calories.
    ~ My maintenance calories for 6 days is between 13,500-15,000 calories (depending if I get in all my work outs)

Now, I just do the math in my head, so there's a bit of wiggle room in there with the numbers, but you get the idea :smile: I will say Friday was a bit higher calories than my normal weekend higher calorie days-had BK for lunch, local pizza place for supper, a deep fried hot fudge sundae to finish the night up, plus a few other things earlier in the day, like a 500 sweet potato breakfast. It was a fun day :bigsmile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

I usually just make room for what I want and fit it into my calorie allotment for the day….if I do go over it is usually about 200 to 300…

I think you promote healthier lifestyle and choices if you take the foods you want and fit them into your calorie allotment..rather then having a weekly blow out…just my opinion...
  • kencarpenter792
    kencarpenter792 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I eat 1800 calories throughout the week. Very healhy, very clean. spot on calorie counting. every piece of gum gets accounted for. Then on Monday, I don't calculate anything. I eat what ever I want, as much as I want. I easily eat 4000-5000 calories on my "cheat" day. And I have consistently lost and average of one pound a week for the past 4 months. I lift weights 3-4 days a week for about 45 mins each day. I'm sure I could just eat 2200 calories a day and get the same result, but I just like pigging out on Mondays. Oh well, It works for me. that's all that matters
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    I can easily eat 5000, 7000, perhaps even 10000+ calories a day if I wanted.
    As a result, I try to avoid days like this.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Up to 1000 calories max and usually in red wine....:tongue:
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I incorporate my "binge treats" into my daily count. But I do however give Thanksgiving, Christmas and my birthday as absolute cheat days.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    If you mean an actually binge and not just a bit of overeating. I would say 3000- 3500. I try to keep these as few and far between as possible.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't have "binges" but a typical indulgence day for me would still be within my calories, like 1600-1900 due to increased exercise on that day (my usual cal w/o exercise are 1320).

However on those days I usually go way over on sugar, fat, and occasionally sodium. I don't even really look at the macros on those days because I know they will be skewed by having enchiladas with queso and a cream cheese donut.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    If I'm really going all out -- meal, drinks, dessert, probably about 2500-3000 calories.

When I was in college I probably went well over 3000 calories because of drinking. :smokin:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories on those days, don't see the point, it's irrelevant and doesn't slow my weight loss, I'm guessing 5000 calories
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

That's a calorie spike day. A binge is something you cannot control. On a calorie spike day I usually hit a max of 3000 calories. During a binge I've been known to eat 6000-9000 calories. It wasn't pretty.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories on those days, don't see the point, it's irrelevant and doesn't slow my weight loss, I'm guessing 5000 calories

i agree with this, and would guess that my big eating days easily hit that.

sidenote: i'm seeing some really low numbers being considered "binges". curious as to what people think constitutes a "binge"...1,000 over? double what your goal typically is? id ont have an answer...just genuinely curious.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

i agree with this, and would guess that my big eating days easily hit that.

sidenote: i'm seeing some really low numbers being considered "binges". curious as to what people think constitutes a "binge"...1,000 over? double what your goal typically is? id ont have an answer...just genuinely curious.

I go with double my goal! 5000 is actually really easy to hit, bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast, few slices of pizza for lunch and sushi with some beer is easy to do lol
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    That's a calorie spike day. A binge is something you cannot control. On a calorie spike day I usually hit a max of 3000 calories. During a binge I've been known to eat 6000-9000 calories. It wasn't pretty.

Yup. On a "binge day" 2300 calories would be one meal. Or a snack.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Total 2500-3000 for the day on a binge day. A binge to me also includes how you are eating the food and how you feel doing it. I dont consider a day where I am just really hungry a binge day. It is a time frame of 30min to an hour where I am like almost zonked out and in a state of euphoria while eating. I try to keep my net cals about 1500 on a normal day!!!
  • twixlepennie
    Options

This is a great explanation of the difference between the two!
  • Sick_n_Tired
    Options

Now, I just do the math in my head, so there's a bit of wiggle room in there with the numbers, but you get the idea :smile: I will say Friday was a bit higher calories than my normal weekend higher calorie days-had BK for lunch, local pizza place for supper, a deep fried hot fudge sundae to finish the night up, plus a few other things earlier in the day, like a 500 sweet potato breakfast. It was a fun day :bigsmile:

You had me at Deep Fried Hot Fudge Sundae :love: