i love red wine and dont wanna give it up :(

Options
So i just started my weight loss journey and want to know is there a way i can still have wine? i really only want to have it on Saturday and Sundays ( that's the only time i drink alcohol) i know this is horrible, i like to have 4-5 glasses:embarassed: . i don't really snack when im drinking ( thank god)

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Just work it into your plan. No big deal.

Not sure what the difficulty is...?
  • peaceenharmonyy
    Options
    i just read alot of articles saying its bad and i shouldn't drink any alcohol while trying to lose weight
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    You're reading the wrong articles.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Just work it into your plan. No big deal.

Not sure what the difficulty is...?

^
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Stop reading articles. Red wine is actually healthy in moderation. Just work it into your plan. I wouldn't recommend slugging back a bottle per night....but that's pretty much common sense.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    So i just started my weight loss journey and want to know is there a way i can still have wine? i really only want to have it on Saturday and Sundays ( that's the only time i drink alcohol) i know this is horrible, i like to have 4-5 glasses:embarassed: . i don't really snack when im drinking ( thank god)
    Have your wine. Log your wine. Make your wine fit into your daily macros and calorie count.

I have found it is often easier to prelog my alcohol consumption than trying to count it afterwards, though. Otherwise the numbers wind up "One, Two, Many, LOTS!"
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    No. What you shouldn't do while losing weight is consume more calories than you burn. Doesn't matter much (if at all) where they come from.

So, enjoy your wine!! Just maybe drink less of it, or you might have to cut a little from somewhere else to fit it in, but no reason to avoid it altogether. Watch out for drinking too much and then overeating, though (no, I've never done that...:laugh:).

:drinker:
  • staceysmomm
    Options
    I make sure to leave room every day for my glass of wine!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    You don't have to. It's only a Wednesday night and I'm off to meet a friend and have a giant glass of Rioja. I also sip a diet coke at the same time. Deelish! Just account for it. Give up some useless food with little nutritional value that day. Eat well. Log it. Do some extra walking. It's not very high calorie.

Just don't do extra high intensity exercise. Alcohol makes me slow to recover AND your body needs the nutrients from food not wine to repair and recover. Do low impact stuff.

As they say in England...Cheers!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    i just read alot of articles saying its bad and i shouldn't drink any alcohol while trying to lose weight

Tell that to the40lbs I have lost while still consuming copious amounts of wine/irish cream/beer/ coolers and vodka
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I love wine too and I'm not giving it up. But I am going to limit myself to one day a week and track it all. Good luck to you!
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I lost 22 pounds in 3.5 months while drinking a small glass of wine almost every day. That's about 50 cals per day from wine - very easy to fit into my calorie allowance. And it makes me happy which made the weight loss easier!
  • peaceenharmonyy
    Options
    thank you!
  • catweimer
    catweimer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The only downside that I've found for keeping wine in my diet is that it sometimes leads me to make bad food decisions and blow my calories for the day. But I'd be lying if I told you that I didn't throw in an extra run sometimes to make sure I could have a glass or two!
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i remember when a personal trainer friend of mine told me to get rid of those last few unwanted lbs, i had to quit alcohol.
    *shudder*
    since i started I.F., i haven't given up anything that i love, wine included! (and don't get me started on my vodka!) :smile:

as long as you log it, and don't overeat while drinking, you're fine :smile:
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The only downside that I've found for keeping wine in my diet is that it sometimes leads me to make bad food decisions and blow my calories for the day. But I'd be lying if I told you that I didn't throw in an extra run sometimes to make sure I could have a glass or two!

^Ditto^.... keep some almonds handy to help you resists the chicken wings.
  • peaceenharmonyy
    Options
    i believe the only thing good about when i do have my wine, i tend to eat cucumbers with chili pepper sprinkled on :laugh:
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Consume a little fewer calories during the week so you have more to spend on wine on the weekend. If you're going through several glasses in one sitting, perhaps fill each glass a little less and drink slower if you're concerned about calories. I know if I have a glass while watching a TV show it doesn't matter how full the glass is, I'll finish it and be satisfied. Starting with a half glass rather than a whole glass helps with the calories and I'm not paying enough attention to notice.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    i believe the only thing good about when i do have my wine, i tend to eat cucumbers with chili pepper sprinkled on :laugh:

That's pretty awesome actually. I delve into my chocolate stash when I have wine, so you're doing pretty good! Hehe.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Then Have it.