how often do you weigh in?

2»

Replies

• Every morning every night for the last three years even when I'm not dieting. Need to check that I'm not going over 140
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    I weigh in on Monday mornings, once a week. I used to jump on the scale every morning but the emotional roller coaster got old real fast. I also drink a gallon or more of water per day, so you can imagine the gains and losses I see daily.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Every morning every night for the last three years even when I'm not dieting. Need to check that I'm not going over 140

Good point.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Every morning, as soon as I get up and after going to the bathroom...same thing every day. I noticed I can't do it at different times of the day, as my weight fluctuates during the day. Also, when I am traveling, I don't weight myself, I only use one scale...again I notice deviations when I step on other scales (except for doctor office of course).
  • LRLemon
    LRLemon Posts: 51 Member
    Every morning. I record each day's weight on a spreadsheet that includes a column that shows each day's difference from the previous day, with a weight-gain showing as a red number. Here's why this has worked well for me so far:
    1. I can see a pattern between "celebration days" and weight loss/gain;
    2. The accumulation of entries shows the real effort I am putting in
    3. I feel in control, even on the days that I show a gain
    4. I can view my "recovery" from personal neglect less emotionally
  • PDarrall
    PDarrall Posts: 114 Member
    Daily, but only because it helps my discipline
  • I find once a week is plenty! Lots of times I may loose during the week then when I when it counts I have gained, so just once a week for me.
  • Once a month. Any more than that seems like part of an eating disorder.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Monday mornings until I get to my goal. Then I don't know. Maybe once a month or so.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Yeah but it's important to remember that even if you don't lose anything on the scales, you might be losing something on the tape measure instead so maybe do both?
  • In the past, when numbers meant a lot to me I'd weigh myself as often as I passed the scale without really comprehending what any of it meant.
    I recently started T25 and I juice at least once a day now. I weigh myself at least every other day so that I can chart my progress. I have a much better understanding of the importance of nutrients and overall wellness so it makes a world of difference!

I prefer to weigh myself in the morning without clothing just so the numbers are as accurate as possible. My scale also provides me with my body fat and water weight percentages.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,400 Member
    Daily. But I only log when it goes down. And I've found out about myself that I tend to be higher Sunday-Tuesday, than I am Wednesday-Saturday. So I take the day of the week into consideration when I think of the numbers.
  • Benphi91
    Benphi91 Posts: 31 Member
    Once a week.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Once a week, in the mooring, and naked. Its done before I do anything, like eat, exercise or shower.

I only do it once a week because of daily fluctuations of water weight. The weight loss is very minimal day to day.

You CAN weigh in everyday. But its up to personal preference. If you get obsessive, then its better to weigh in once a week, or twice a week.