I'm hungry all the time

Options

Replies

• mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    There's no fats in your diet and too many carbs. Besides fats being essential nutrients your body needs, they also slow down the digestion of other foods and keep you from feeling hungry for longer periods. Break up your food into six mini meals so you only go 2-3 hours between and add some fats to your diet in place of some carbs and you'll be a lot less hungry with the same total calories per day.

Also, drink lots of water all through the day. A full glass of water can often stall your hunger for another half hour or more.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Don't eat carbs without pro.. add pro to your snacks.. done.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Toss-Animated.gif

i am going with this one for OPs shredded wheat bowl...
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    well I have pics in my profile. Im about 5'10 and thatd be a lot of food for me.
    try the fitness frog mentioned above. At 5'10" you should be able to lose weight on way more than 1200 cals.

:flowerforyou:

but that's not 1200 calories. the two bowls of shredded wheat could be 1200 alone

SOOOOO true. Be really careful. Those mixing bowls aren't meant to be cereal bowls.

*headdesk*
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    how many calories per day is that?

that sounds like barely 1200…..
    thats what I'm thinking, 12-1300, no wonder she so hungry,eat more!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Well she's saying that OP eats 2 cups of shredded wheat + milk, twice a day.

So that would be 4 cups of that + say 3 cups milk? That's about 1030 calories. Her math is not a lot off... But who wants to eat that much shredded wheat?!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

So that would be 4 cups of that + say 3 cups milk? That's about 1030 calories. Her math is not a lot off... But who wants to eat that much shredded wheat?!

For realz. Even if it was frosted mini wheats, all the good stuff would melt off in all that milk anyway, then it wouldn't be worth eating anymore.
  • ndj1979
    Options

For realz. Even if it was frosted mini wheats, all the good stuff would melt off in all that milk anyway, then it wouldn't be worth eating anymore.

if the good stuff melts away then it has less calories, right?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Except it's a "he", so even more so.
  • suburbanator
    suburbanator Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All I can suggest is cut back on the wheat products, I am not suggesting gluten free, but there was certainly a lot of wheat based products in your diet.

I have tried most food maintenance methods and the only thing that works for me is limiting sugar (basically snacks), wheat (Bread/pastas etc) and beer. Instead I have a couple eggs in morning, skip the oatmeal/bread and add some turkey bacon for more proteins, lunch I stick to fish or chicken to implement some good fats and again more proteins, dinner is all over the map but again, say no to the bread/buns/rolls/pastas/wheat products and throw some good carbs and if your working out at all, more protein is not going to hurt.

Make sure you figure out how many calories you need to be eating per day and get near that amount!!!

As mike from NY said...add water.. not sure what your drinking now but in between meals keep a water bottle on the go (I find a some herbal teas work well for me as well to keep me fuller feeling)

In closing all I can say is EVERYONE in my opinion seems to have different triggers that help them lose or gain weight... so track all your food and workouts using this great website (I also use a bodymedia device) and make adjustments to your diet to see what works.

good luck.
    Chad
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Toss-Animated.gif

i am going with this one for OPs shredded wheat bowl...

I'm just busy cooking food for the man if he ever comes back.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

not if you drink it from the bowl. like I d--- oh I mean I heard ppl do sometimes. but not me, i'm a lady.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

not if you drink it from the bowl. like I d--- oh I mean I heard ppl do sometimes. but not me, i'm a lady.

Sluuuuuurrrrrrrrrp
  • JenavaTS
    JenavaTS Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Log your meals and check your macros. Eat at least 1g of protein for every pound...add more fat. simple cards like fruit (which is basically sugar) and bread (can also be mostly simple carbs aka sugars) will spike your blood sugar and when it crashes, this is what makes you feel starving.
  • jennlh222
    Options
    Protein will keep you fuller longer. Also water. Fresh veggies are great too! :) greek yogurt

Morning; 2 eggs, bowl of shredded wheat (Try a piece of whole wheat toast here with your eggs. or a piece of fruit.)

Snack; peanut butter(not much) and jelly on whole wheat (Peanut butter is not the enemy here. Try it with celery.)

Lunch; lean meat on whole wheat, salad, piece of fruit (Try salad with grilled chicken)

Snack; piece of fruit

Dinner; lean meat, lots of veggies

Snack; bowl of shredded wheat

Above is a sample of what I eat.
  • JenavaTS
    JenavaTS Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can have a snack that isn't sugar...
  • ndj1979
    Options

to put this in context I ate 1200 today and I am sick …LOL
  • ndj1979
    Options
    All I can suggest is cut back on the wheat products, I am not suggesting gluten free, but there was certainly a lot of wheat based products in your diet.

I have tried most food maintenance methods and the only thing that works for me is limiting sugar (basically snacks), wheat (Bread/pastas etc) and beer. Instead I have a couple eggs in morning, skip the oatmeal/bread and add some turkey bacon for more proteins, lunch I stick to fish or chicken to implement some good fats and again more proteins, dinner is all over the map but again, say no to the bread/buns/rolls/pastas/wheat products and throw some good carbs and if your working out at all, more protein is not going to hurt.

no offense, but restricting foods because one thinks they are bad will more then likely lead to binging out said foods, which leads to overeating, and then failure….
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options

[/quote]i didn't know, that's NUTS eating that little. I don't know how I survived doing 1750 in the summer because I'm struggling with hunger at 2000 right now
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

i didn't know, that's NUTS eating that little. I don't know how I survived doing 1750 in the summer because I'm struggling with hunger at 2000 right now

I hear you. I lost weight eating 1420 NET. Now I feel like I'm dying if I eat less than 1700.