Just ate a Glazed Stick from Dunkins... HELP

Options
ScorpionQwean
ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
Ok, I just ate a glazed stick from Dunkins and this can set my mood for the rest of the day.... thinking... "hey, since I cheated at breakfast I can cheat at lunch".... I need help and some inspirational and motivational words right now......

Replies

• SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    If you realize it was just one treat and then get over it, you'll be fine. No sense in freaking out or blowing your whole day over a single donut stick.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Yum. Glazed sticks are the best.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Would you go and slash the other 3 tires after finding one flat? Of course not, that's foolish.

Only you can decide if you'll blow the day or suck it up and get back on track for the day.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    If you realize it was just one treat and then get over it, you'll be fine. No sense in freaking out or blowing your whole day over a single donut stick.

+1
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Here's the thought that always helped me through tough times..

"it puts the food in it's mouth and it gets fat again." which is of course taken from silence of the lambs, but saying that to myself reminded me that I was trying to LOSE weight, from from NOT to HOT, and you can't do that when you're the size of a linebacker.

ETA: which is not to say linebackers aren't cute or cuddly or adorable, it's just not for me.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    how about thinking. "that was an AWESOME treat, i'll make room for it in my calories and macros by eating great the rest of the day and it will be no harm done"
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just ate a glazed stick from Dunkins and this can set my mood for the rest of the day.... thinking... "hey, since I cheated at breakfast I can cheat at lunch".... I need help and some inspirational and motivational words right now......

A donut is not cheating. There's nothing wrong with donuts. Donuts are delicious and if you like them you should eat them sometimes.

The only thing that matters for weight loss is that you've met your calorie goal at the end of the day. Adjust your eating for the rest of the day to meet your daily goal. Done.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Would you go and slash the other 3 tires after finding one flat?

Maybe..
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It's okay. That glazed doughnut stick was awesome and you enjoyed it. Now you can move on to eat some other really awesome foods today like lean chicken, some nicely prepared vegetables, or a piece of fruit.

It helps me to look and treat all foods the same. Food, no matter whether it's chocolate cake or a piece of celery, is just food. It's energy with varying degrees of nutrient density. Therefore, you didn't cheat. You indulged on a less nutrient dense food. Now it's time to go on and indulge in some other nutrient dense foods that are just as tasty.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I would have helped you eat it, but you didn't offer.

Since that ship has sailed...log it and forget it.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Ha ha......let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    No help needed.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    how about thinking. "that was an AWESOME treat, i'll make room for it in my calories and macros by eating great the rest of the day and it will be no harm done"

^This^. You ate one thing, add it to your total and make it fit by adjusting.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    @Travis _ LBR : They really are ...LMAO. Thanks all for your words! Appreciate it.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    You need to go to the ER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
    (Totally kidding btw)..
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Yum. Glazed sticks are the best.

Everyone loves my glazed stick.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    was it tasty???
    worth it?
    maybe you should go for a run for 50 minutes now?
  • FrankieB127
    FrankieB127 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Found this on Pinterest a while ago:

"Saying, 'Oh, I've already ruined my good eating today. I'll just keep eating crap' is like saying, 'Oh, I dropped my phone on the floor. I'll just smash it till it breaks.' "