Egg Whites Vs Whole Eggs Controversy!

Options

Replies

• DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Eat booth. Wake up have three egg whites and two whole eggs. Now you get all those good nutrients from those two yolks and not to mention the taste in the yolks. Awe man!!! With only to two yolk fats that are good for you. Don't want to throw out the yolks you say? Buy a carton of liquid egg whites and have two or three servings of that with two whole eggs. Now it's a party!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE WELCOME.

Egg Ninja out!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Throwing the yolks of an egg seems like an aberration to me, there is a lot of people in the world dying of hunger and you never know where you might end up. I rather not waste food. If i'm reaching my fat % I rather eat another thing, but you would never see me throwing half of an egg to the garbage.

I eat my eggs whole.

Growing up, my mom always used the 'starving kids in Africa' guilt trip to make us clean our plates.
    All of us kids ended up obese as adults. But there are still starving kids in Africa.

Not sure why cleaning our plates didn't help them.:noway:
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I like the Yolk too much to not eat it. I've done 1 whole egg and 1 white scrambled, but I find I like it better with whole. Unless you have high cholesterol, why not eat the whole thing!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Yeah, whole eggs are great, but eating the whites without the yoke can help if you are trying to hit your protein macro target without going over your target fat intake.

Yeah, this.

I love whole eggs. But I have a high protein target each day - I would be way over on fat if I used whole eggs.
    5 g's per egg yolk puts you way over on your fat....interesting.

What is interesting? :huh: I eat 9-10 egg whites a day. That is roughly the calories of 1 whole eggs and I am saving 45 grams of fat.

You should really be quiet.
  • erinbuberinxo
    Options
    Deitary cholesterol is good for you and your body needs it, plus yolks taste soooo good :) No need to be wasteful!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Yeah, whole eggs are great, but eating the whites without the yoke can help if you are trying to hit your protein macro target without going over your target fat intake.

Yeah, basically this. I have absolutely no problem with eating the whole egg, but usually for calorie/macro reasons I'll cook with a ratio of one whole egg to two egg whites, or something similar.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I just can't be bothered to start splitting up my eggs just for an omelette. Besides, I've got chickens on the farm, working hard to give me that whole egg. I won't belittle their accomplishments by throwing out half the deal ;)

Amen! :laugh:
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have egg whites if I'm trying to "save up" for a big meal later and need to squeak by for breakfast. It happens once or twice a month, though, while eating whole eggs happens on a daily basis :) It's not the fat I'm worried about, it's the overall calories.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    there's an egg controversy?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

Yeah, this.

I love whole eggs. But I have a high protein target each day - I would be way over on fat if I used whole eggs.

What is interesting? :huh: I eat 9-10 egg whites a day. That is roughly the calories of 1 whole eggs and I am saving 45 grams of fat.

I think he's just upset and on retainer from the little-known subsidiary of the Egg Council, the Yolk Brigade. They get 10 times the funding but only accomplish 1/10th as much.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    First world problems. There are places and people in this world that will never understand why anybody would throw perfectly good food away.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Yeah, this.

I think he's just upset and on retainer from the little-known subsidiary of the Egg Council, the Yolk Brigade. They get 10 times the funding but only accomplish 1/10th as much.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Charge of the Yolk Brigade.
  • LindsayB1119
    Options
    I have 4 backyard hens that give us eggs. In my opinion they are much better than the store bought ones, even the 'egglands best' crap that they try to say has more vitamins and what not. I wouldn't dare throw out a yolk and just eat egg white.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    First world problems. There are places and people in this world that will never understand why anybody would throw perfectly good food away.

You know they sell egg whites in cartons right?
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Ok everyone, you've been discussing this for over two pages now. Can someone just give me a definitive answer:

Do I have to eat the egg yokes, or do I have to eat just the whites? Which is it?!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Do you think they come from yolk-free eggs? The yolks have to go somewhere.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Do you think businesses aimed at money making throw away half the product? :huh:
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It's pretty easy you eat egg whites if you cannot fit the calories of whole eggs into your macros
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Do you think businesses aimed at money making throw away half the product? :huh:
    Right. Yolks are sold to companies that make products that require more yolks - ice cream, mayonnaise, baked goods, etc.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,006 Member
    Options

Yeah, this.

9 or 10 eggs has the same calories as 1 egg......lol. People like to convince themselves of all sorts of random stuff.