The 17 Day Diet

Options
I have read the reviews about this diet and after seeing one of my Zumba mattress for the first time in months I ķnew I had to try it.
Has anyone tried this diet? I'm waiting on my book and have been following the diet outline for cycle 1that I find online.. except I I have been eating 1 string cheese a day and I don't think that is allowed. I am under 1200 calories every day but I don't feel hungry at all.
I look forward to hearing all of your experiences!

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    C'Mon!! I know someone out there has tried it! lol
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Use the search feature. There are quite a few threads on this.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Use the search feature. There are quite a few threads on this.

your logic is not welcome on MFP.

:flowerforyou:
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    C'Mon!! I know someone out there has tried it! lol

Nope.

Only reasonable calorie deficits and lifting heavy.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    so tired......

george-michael-bluth-falling-down.gif
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Try asking on facebook for a response you will like.

None of us do crazy diets 'from the news' or 'on tv' or 'in xyz magazine'.

Why?

BECAUSE IT DOES NOT WORK.

GL though :)
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are people that have tried it. They may have even had success with it. The problem with diets like this is they are not sustainable. What happens after the 17 days to ensure the weight stays off and you don't gain it all back? A lot of times we want results fast. My thoughts are, I didn't gain this weight in 17 days (6 weeks, 90 days, whatever), I'm not going to lose it that fast either.

As simple as it sounds, maintaining a moderate calorie deficit will do so much more for you than any "special" diet. You will lose weight slowly but you will be able to keep it off easier. Many people on here are doing it and succeeding. It really is that simple.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    The 17 day diet works if you eat a reasonable caloric defecit and do regular exercise for 17 days. And keep doing it for another 17 days. Continue indefinitely
  • superhippiechik
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.
    I will use the search feature,i'm not very computer savvy,so I didn't know it existed.
  • superhippiechik
    Options
    The 17 day diet works if you eat a reasonable caloric defecit and do regular exercise for 17 days. And keep doing it for another 17 days. Continue indefinitely

Thank you for your kind response! Have you personally tried it? I have read a million online reviews but would love to chat with someone who has tried it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    What will you do when the 17 days are over?

Just do that now and skip the stupid fad/temporary thing.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    It was way too restrictive for me. I think I lasted 17 hours. Srs. It's another low-carb type diet that works because you've created a calorie deficit.

You can have the same results creating a deficit and eating a wider variety of food, but that isn't very marketable so books and diets like this pop up every January.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I've not tried it nor would I ever try it. But I thought it was a four cycle diet that put you into ketosis. I can't keep up with all the fad diets though to be honest because I quit wasting my money on them a couple of years ago when I found MFP.

You won't get a lot of support here but I do wish you luck. Keep in mind that ketosis is not healthy for those with kidney disease or predisposed to kidney disease. And Trog knows his stuff.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I have the book but like so many other things, have not stuck to it. I enjoy the recipe ideas and don't mind using it as a general outline. My issue is laziness. If it involves food prep, which it does, then I tend to stray.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

This...there's a reason it's a fad diet. It's a fad and nothing more.

Diets don't work. Sustainable lifestyle changes are what work. Hard work, dedication. It's about moderation not deprivation.

Read this...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet?hl=short+sweet+<span class=

And most definitely read this!!!
    http://www.vicmagary.com/blog/fitness-motivation/#comment-10883
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

By indefinitely they mean the rest of your life. Seriously, you'd have to do this the rest of your life for it to work.
  • calippincott
    Options
    A very close friend of mine has used the 17 day and has had great success. It's not really a 17 day thing, it has different cycles to it, where you are eating clean healthy food. You go through the cycles and continue on for however long you like. She took the success from the 17 day cycles and went to into a steady clean eating on her own. She has lost about 50lbs and looks great.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    my Zumba mattress

What is a Zumba mattress?
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    A very close friend of mine has used the 17 day and has had great success. It's not really a 17 day thing, it has different cycles to it, where you are eating clean healthy food. You go through the cycles and continue on for however long you like. She took the success from the 17 day cycles and went to into a steady clean eating on her own. She has lost about 50lbs and looks great.

But she could have had that same success by creating a reasonable caloric deficit and eating a wider variety of foods from day one. Without spending any money on a book that serves one purpose...to make money for the author and publisher.

OP - You don't need gimmicks to lose weight.