If I had $20 million I would....

Options

Replies

• CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Pay off all of my families debt ,go back to school, take care of my family and set up trust and educational funds for my babies, nieces and nephews, buy a nice home and maybe a vacation home, travel the world as one gigantic family vacation and then spend myself silly helping any and everyone I can....
  • Shreddingitnow
    Options
    Be fuccckeen Rich Bisssh!!!
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I would invest $10 million in apple and pay off all of my family members debt, buy a luxury box for the pittsburgh steelers, La Dodgers, and La Lakers, and follow Black sabbath on tour...lol
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    I would see a kick *kitten* home gym in my future.

As well as paying off debt, college fund for my munchkin, giving money to family, and all those responsible things :)
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Have more children

Travel

Money:
    Save some
    Give some away
    Find a way to make the world a slightly better place with some

My only true splurge- brand new socks for every day! Love, love, love the feel of new socks.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Buy an island
    Build a giant mansion on said Island
    Dub the Island "Naked Island. Where clothing is NOT an option"
    Invite my closest friends to come live on Naked Island
    Get my custom made Rolls Royce Phantom complete with the wine fridge option
    Hire a driver to drive me around in my Rolls Royce Phantom
    Hit up Sir Richard Branson with my idea for a new airline
    Make more millions off of said venture with Sir Richard Branson

Oh, and buy a bunch of gold and silver so that when the dollar collapses I won't lose all my millions and in fact will have more.

On 20 million? you would be the most sought after financial advisor if you can pull that.

You could probably buy an island (albeit a small one) for less than 5 million. A modest mansion could probably be built for 3-5 million. Custom Rolls Royce Phantom with the wine option is about 600k. I'm sure a driver wouldn't cost that much, especially if I give him free room and board. Gold and silver isn't that expensive so I could probably buy a few hundred thousand in that.

So far I've spent 10,800,00.

My comment was on the initial giant Mansion which needs a big island to be on and have to be somewhere warm for people to be naked all the time.

And again, I can get an island some place warm for less than 5 million. Heck, even if it was more there's a thing called negotiation.

I can get a 75 acre island in the Philippines for 3.4 million US. I can buy a 10 acre resort in Fiji for 2.7 million USD, A 1,325 acre island in Chile is going for 4 million USD.

If I put a house on it it's not like it's going to take up 20 acres of land so . . .not so far fetched.
  • Jjsharry
    Jjsharry Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Give up my job, which while I quite enjoy doing, it really does interfere with my cycling training :laugh:

Study at Uni part time to become a Sports Nutritionist to keep the old grey matter ticking over.

Buy a larger house, as my bike, gym equipment, clothes and male fragrance collections would no doubt increase in size to stupid proportions.

Invest the rest.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Retire and watch my money.
  • JessieGurlJb
    Options
    But a dream yacht and travel the world
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Show my bank statement to my son and tell him i am leaving it all to my daughter. And i would.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Buy an island

Oh, and buy a bunch of gold and silver so that when the dollar collapses I won't lose all my millions and in fact will have more.

On 20 million? you would be the most sought after financial advisor if you can pull that.

You could probably buy an island (albeit a small one) for less than 5 million. A modest mansion could probably be built for 3-5 million. Custom Rolls Royce Phantom with the wine option is about 600k. I'm sure a driver wouldn't cost that much, especially if I give him free room and board. Gold and silver isn't that expensive so I could probably buy a few hundred thousand in that.

My comment was on the initial giant Mansion which needs a big island to be on and have to be somewhere warm for people to be naked all the time.

And again, I can get an island some place warm for less than 5 million. Heck, even if it was more there's a thing called negotiation.

I can get a 75 acre island in the Philippines for 3.4 million US. I can buy a 10 acre resort in Fiji for 2.7 million USD, A 1,325 acre island in Chile is going for 4 million USD.

If I put a house on it it's not like it's going to take up 20 acres of land so . . .not so far fetched.

Big house no problem, giant mansion different story. :tongue:
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Stock up on Hot Pockets. Lots and lots of Hot Pockets.

Oh and toilet paper too.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Buy an island

Big house no problem, giant mansion different story. :tongue:

Yeah but "giant mansion" could mean anything to some people. My house could be considered a giant mansion to someone! :laugh: (I know what you're saying though).
  • Libbysh78
    Options
    employ a chef
    employ a personal trainer
    employ a live in nanny (to give me time to work out)
    Have houses in France and Spain
    have a boob job (get rid of them)
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'd take today off of work, drill a hole in the ice and see how many fish I could catch. Then take tomorrow off and see how the marlin are biting in the Indian ocean :smokin:
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    be pretty modest with it:

Fix up/decorate and put an addition on my house
    Give some away to family
    Travel
    Then, possibly start a business (restaurant/bar)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Put aside enough to cover my husband and I for our longest likely lifetimes.
    Redecorate our place.
    Pay off the debts of family members and give them a bit extra.
    Pay to have a friends place fixed up the way it needs to be.
    Buy a modest house in BC.
    The balance would be given to two particular charities I support.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Set up a trust so I will own nothing but control everything
    Tithe
    Pay off all bills of all immediate family members
    Buy another, bigger farm
    Buy more Angel's Envy bourbon
    Buy a Benelli Super Vinci - Cammo 12 gauge and a Ford Raptor/crew cab to go with my new gun
    Hunt and fish in exotic places - like Naked Island :-)
    Golf more and in exotic places - like Naked Island :-)
    Invest the balance and live off the earnings
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Invest alot my husband and I could live well in our retirement years
    Set up trusts and college funds for our kids
    Give $100,000 to each of our parents
    Donate to a charity that supports veterans/disabled vets/etc.
    Finish renovating our home
    Open my own bakery/coffee shop
    Take the kids on vacations around the world
    Buy my husband a motorcycle and all the stuff that he wants/needs to become a gunsmith
    Hire a personal trainer

Wow.....this sounds pretty nice...
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Divide some of it up for family.
    Pay off our house...but still live here.
    Keep my job...but maybe only work part time.
    Donate some to my favorite charity, some to the American Cancer Society and some to the American Diabetes Association.
    Maybe add a few more Jeeps to the family and a new pontoon for the river.
    and of course...I would shop. ;)

I'd bring Luke Bryan to this young lady's house for a concert. BOOM!