Getting started AGAIN...

Options
12346»

Replies

• patnrol
    Options
    Starting over. Last year I lost 30 lbs using the popular pay program and I felt great and proud about doing it. I lost in preparation for a cruise and then slowly gained most of it back and here I am. I know you are not supposed to look back at failure, but it is hard to think I will ever maintain a healthy eating lifestyle. I want to get the weight back down by our vacation in August and that will be just in time for next years' holidays. Ugh! I have lots of European family favorite foods that I can not give up forever. I do okay with breakfast and lunch, but dinner portions are difficult. I really need some positive thinking support!
  • oglalagirl724
    oglalagirl724 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Count me in. A new day a new determination. I lost 50 lbs 2 yrs ago and have kept 30 lbs off but I need to lose a whole lot more.
    I need to work on self-control. I have gained and lost that same 20 pounds at least 5x in the last 2 years.:frown:
  • SEMG69
    SEMG69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definitely count me in. I've tried every diet known to man.I would like to lose 80lbs need some tips and ways to stay motivated. New year more determined than ever!
  • MomDupuis
    MomDupuis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am back on MFP for the last time. It is a life change this time. QUESTION??? I am at the 1200 cal day do I eat 1200 then exercise or do I eat 1200 NET? The new screen has me a little confused.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    For those of you who are starting over, analyze what went wrong with your plan the first time around. Often people fail because their plan was so restrictive that it could not be maintained. My #1 rule for both eating and exercise: don't do anything today that I am not willing to do for the rest of my life.

I do not starve myself or kill myself with multiple hours of exercise.

When you know why your program didn't work, you can design a better one this time.
  • hopefaith13
    hopefaith13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im starting again,I have this app for about 2 yrs,,didnt really used it,but now I have to lose this weight,my health is on the line.. i have small kids so I need to do this,,,got a way to go.
  • andonsmama
    Options
    starting over again as well!!! lost 32lbs last year, gained 12 back since summer :(
    we can do this!! )
  • lstatler1
    lstatler1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Please add me for the support on getting restarted. I made a resolution simply to log on daily. I would like to lose about 20 pounds this year. But if I know that other people are watching me, there is more motivation to make sure that I get on.
  • msdalice
    msdalice Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    What's frustrating is that I've reached a certain age where women start to struggle with metabolish and I also have medical issues that make exercise difficult at times having Fibromyalgia for most of my life. I lost my father in April and my mother in August. To top it off, I went off of a medication and I've gained about 23 lbs or more without even blinking. I was 53 lbs down at my top loss and now I'm about 15 - 16 on average. I have very few clothes that fit comfortably and I REFUSE to buy new bigger ones. My hubby also needs to lose weight too due to health issues. He does exercise more than I do but has put on most of the weight he lost since we met as well. We're both in school now and I think this adds to the stress and other mental blocks.

I asked for and received some upgraded equipment for my WII and have committed to starting slowly and doing at least one session per week and working my way up. I don't want anyone to think that my first paragraph is excuses. Those are my challenges and I just need to figure out ways to combat them.

I have a Fitbit and purchased one for my hubby and my DD for Christmas. I've had mine about a year and this year I'm committed to actually using it the way it is intended. I could use a pal or two to encourage me.
  • patnrol
    Options
    For those of you who are starting over, analyze what went wrong with your plan the first time around. Often people fail because their plan was so restrictive that it could not be maintained. My #1 rule for both eating and exercise: don't do anything today that I am not willing to do for the rest of my life.

I do not starve myself or kill myself with multiple hours of exercise.

When you know why your program didn't work, you can design a better one this time.

I love this advice! It puts my failure in a better perspective.
  • Charlottie88
    Options
    Feel free to add me too guys, I started in November and want to lose 38 lbs x
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    good day today hope everyone good x
  • kelliedieng40
    Options
    I'm starting my weight lose this year because I am too heavy for my frame. I am 5'6 and I weight 225 right now and I so feel that weight in legs and back. My goal weight is 180 for now. Soon I will be starting a Zumba class 4 days a week, so hopefully that will help, too.
  • needtogetfit932
    Options
    I'm starting again, too! Everyone feel free to add me :)
  • bluestool
    bluestool Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to do this, but ...

*bump*

for daily inspiration.
  • klp1012
    klp1012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again. I have tried in the past but have not been able to stick with it. I am going to do it this time! It is time for a lifestyle change! Feel free to add me!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    set your mind and the rest will follow

failing to plan is planning to fail

believe you can and you will believe you cant and you wont.

decide commit succeed,

im happy to support you all. i started at 370 pounds. im working on releasing my last 30 to my goal of 135..

lets do this

do or do not.. there is no try..
  • size10wannabe85
    Options
    You can do it... we are all here because we struggle but I have all faith in everyone.. this will be a good year!!

sorry im really pretty useless at motivational chat but at this time of night you may not get may replies, good luck :)
  • AnitaB67
    Options
    I am
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    yay week 1 1.5lb down!!!!