Ladies 5'-5'5 who want to get to 115-130 lbs

Options

Replies

• ddkreimnut
    ddkreimnut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and currently weigh 150-ish (haven't weighed myself in a while). My first goal is to get to 130, then re-evaluate. Super aggressively I would like to see 120, but not sure if that's possible without being completely miserable. I haven't weighed 120 since I was 20.

Is it realistic to have a goal of "I want to weigh what I did in high school?" I feel like our bodies change a lot between high school and age 30 - to the point it might not be realistic.
  • ddkreimnut
    Options
    @1234crazycat - It sounds like you're off to a great start. As far as ideal weight...that has been a tough goal for me, because I carry my weight a lot differently than others (so I'm told). So, with that, I suppose my advice and a bit of encouragement is to be yourself, realize your goals are for you, and don't compare yourself to others. We are all different, and 150 on me will look totally different than 150 on someone else my height.
    and...Baby steps.:wink:
    Don't burn yourself out, and be patient with your body.
  • ddkreimnut
    Options
    I'm new within the last 4 days. I seem to have lost myself. she's not in the mirror anymore. I'm 5'5 and currently 159lbs. Looking to lose at least 25lbs. My husband says he doesn't think I should go below 145 but any research I've done says I should be 130-135lbs. That's what I will aim for with a healthy start. Looking for some other women who may be going through the same ups and downs as I am. My husband and 2 daughters(11&13) are getting tired of hearing about my goals and excitement. I have been doing aerobics for an hour every morning and plan on continuing everyday as long as the day allows. I have to say in the short 4 days of watching what I eat and moving it I feel like I have more energy and sleep better already.
    So anyone wanting to share or need a little motivation I am a willing ear. :)

@1234crazycat - It sounds like you're off to a great start. As far as ideal weight...that has been a tough goal for me, because I carry my weight a lot differently than others (so I'm told). So, with that, I suppose my advice and a bit of encouragement is to be yourself, realize your goals are for you, and don't compare yourself to others. We are all different, and 150 on me will look totally different than 150 on someone else my height.
    and...Baby steps.wink
    Don't burn yourself out, and be patient with your body.
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'5", and currently weigh 170. My ideal weight is between 120-125. I haven't weighed that in about 10 years though!!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    5'3" with a goal weight of 115lbs, currently 124 lbs
    feel free to add me :-)
  • kimchilucy
    kimchilucy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 150lbs. Looking to go back down to 125lbs in 3 months. Was 125lbs before two babies, 7 years ago.
    :tongue:
  • DebbieSusanne
    DebbieSusanne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3' and my current weight is 131. I'm looking to get back down to 120. I got lazy last year and put on some weight. I'm new here and I'm hoping to get back at it this year and lose some weight and tone up. Feel free to add me.
  • Thinlizzie6280
    Thinlizzie6280 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", 51 years old and currently weigh 145. I'd love to be down to 120-125. In 2011, I got down to 130, but since I was doing P90X, I was in a size 4. It really isn't about what the scale says, it's about how I feel about myself and being healthy and toned.
  • slimme630
    Options
    That's AWESOME! Good for you....sticking to a plan :)
  • meganwinx
    meganwinx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5'5' currently 155 looking to be 120-125. Started playing DDR again and playing Just dance 2014. Add me if you want!
  • kurusbanget
    kurusbanget Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hope to be able to lose 40 lbs by September. I am 175 lbs today with fluctuating weight loss and gain in the past years. Hope to be able to lose it and maintain it this time.
  • kurusbanget
    kurusbanget Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need friends who can be my diet buddies here.
  • yesgonzalez223
    yesgonzalez223 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i'm in! I am 5'2" weigh 159lbs. Looking to weigh 125 realistically BUT would love to go down to 115 :) Let's do it ladies.
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 here 23 years in age and would really love to get down to 120/125lb! Feel free to add me anyone :)
  • nichie38
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 123lbs. My goal is 105-110. Feel free to add me:)
  • CB2CS
    CB2CS Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 124 lbs. I'd like to get down to 115 or less. I keep losing and gaining the same few pounds over and over. I want them gone for good. Feel free to add me!
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 51/2" and weigh 124 and would like to get to a 120 lbs.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and 139 currently. I want to get down to the 120-125 pound range. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • michaelablueeyes
    michaelablueeyes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Im 5.4 and about 175 lbs I think I work with stones and not looked what my weight is in lbs

Id like to get done to at least 130lbs tho
  • meganlynndavis
    meganlynndavis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have spent most of my adult life in the 150s, but gained a significant amount of weight over the last couple years with a new career. I started at 178, currently weigh 172 and looking forward to ultimately weighing 125, roughly. Would love some support! :)