Replies

• baristagirl7
    baristagirl7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds Amazing! Thanks!
  • Ariel227
    Ariel227 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is what I do the mornings I'm home and it keeps me full until lunch.
    6 tbs egg whites
    2tbs reduced fat feta
    2 oz portobello mushrooms
    1 cup Spinach
    2 pieces of light toast
    1 tsp butter
    1/2 tbs grape jelly
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup oatmeal, microwaved with 2/3 cup water, some jam and almond milk. Yum!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite thing to eat

mix 1/4 oats, 1/2 c plain greek yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tbsp chai seeds, 1 serving fruit, 1 tbsp sugar free cheesecake jello mix, splash of milk and let sit in fridge a few hours..

Calories depends on what you put in it. You can play with this recipe adding or deleting things to make the calories where you want them.

I also do 1/2 c cottage cheese, 1 tbsp unsalted peanut only peanut butter, 1 tbsp sugar free jam... so yummy!
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a homemade breakfast sandwich

100 calorie English muffin
    1 egg
    1 egg white
    2 slices of bacon

total is 293 calories, I usually add a slice of cheese that is 110 calories but I ran out.
  • KaylaBushman
    Options
    My current favorite is to make one packet of Nature's Path Flax Plus Organic Oatmeal packets. They are the instant oatmeal packets which makes it easy to take to work.

Then I nuke 1 cup of frozen berries until they break down and get all juicy, dump this into the oatmeal and stir.

It is absolutely delicious! and comes in at about 280 calories.

I'm eating it right now!
  • livingmylegacy
    Options
    You should try making Overnight Oats!

Basically, you mix equal parts oatmeal and milk, add in whatever mix-ins/toppings you like, and then let it sit in the fridge overnight. It's pretty delicious.

The recipe I've been using is:

1/2 c oatmeal
    1/2 c skim milk
    1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
    1 whole apple, chopped
    1 tbsp honey (only added because I tried it without the first time and it wasn't quite sweet enough)

Then I just mix it all up and let it sit overnight. Other people often use yogurt or almond milk or really whatever kind of liquid you want. This recipe turns out to be around 386, but you could certainly make it less depending on what you mix-in. It's super easy and keeps me full til lunch.

Other than that, I usually have a banana and some eggs!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I rotate between 3 breakfasts, around 300-350 calories. They all have a 90 calorie yogurt in addition to the main thing though, so alone the main bit is under 300 calories. Here are the calorie totals with the yogurt though.

*One whole egg and an egg white, scrambled, with salt, pepper, and a little basil. Put on a medium tortilla with 1/2 serving of shredded cheddar for a tasty burrito, plus a light yogurt (355 cals total)

*Half a cinnamon and raisin bagel with 3/4 T peanut butter and a light drizzle (~1 tsp) of honey, plus yogurt (314 cals total)

*1 1/5 cups cheerios with 1 cup skim milk, plus yogurt (345 cals)

Because of all the protein the egg one is my main go-to, but I really enjoy the bagel when I decide to get some. The cereal is more just because sometimes cereal is tasty.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is 1 egg and 1/4 cup of egg whites scrambled and 1/3 of a cup of oats cooked with 1/3 cup almond milk and 1/3 cup water (microwave on high for two minutes) add 1/3 cup of fruit stirred in and 1 TBSP of natural peanut butter. Oats and eggs are my fave breakfast for sure! :D
  • meghanelana
    meghanelana Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My absolute favourite:

2 poached eggs (140cal)
    2 slices "little big bread", by Silver Hills (110cal)
    green onion
    tomato
    red onion
    salsa (i like home made the best)
    cilantro
    a bit of feta

DELISH. I like this best in the morning or post morning workout
  • NYRGTO
    NYRGTO Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe for a pancake. I add a scoop of vanilla whey protein but you can substitute that for vanilla extra or some other flavor. I usually make a few days worth one night so all I have to do is pour the batter into the skillet.

1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1/4 cup almond milk
    1 scoop vanilla whey (substitute with vanilla extract if you don't want the extra protein)

Blend everything in a food processor. Cook in skillet. Add some maple syrup.

380 cal - 47g protein - 41g carbs - 5g Fat
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfasts:
    1) Wasabi Egg Wrap. 2 eggs fried in pam. 1 high fiber-low carb wrap. 1 TBSP Kikoman Wasabi Sauce.
    2) Jalapeno Egg Wrap. 2 eggs fried in Pam. 1 high fiber-low carb wrap. 1 TBSP Spicy jalapeno cream cheese.

Both filling and totally YUM!
    (You can tell I like it spicy in the morning!)
  • gypsyone96
    Options
    I usually load on the protein for lunch and dinner.
    My lunch is usually chicken breast (150 g = 248 calories ), brown rice (100 g = 112 calories), and a side of asparagus/broccoli (100 g = around 30 to 50 calories, depends on the vegetable).
    Total caloric count for lunch is usually around 400
    My dinner is usually chicken leg no skin (6 0z = 265 calories) and spinach (100 g = 23 calories). It's very filling, only 288 calories, and is awesome pre-workout fuel.

For snacks I have dark chocolate (50 calories per square) or a banana (90~120 calories, depends on the banana)
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cup of raisin bran, a half cup of 2% milk, & a banana, which is around 270.

I love all the great meal ideas here, lots of things I want to try later!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe for a pancake. I add a scoop of vanilla whey protein but you can substitute that for vanilla extra or some other flavor. I usually make a few days worth one night so all I have to do is pour the batter into the skillet.

1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1/4 cup almond milk
    1 scoop vanilla whey (substitute with vanilla extract if you don't want the extra protein)

Blend everything in a food processor. Cook in skillet. Add some maple syrup.

380 cal - 47g protein - 41g carbs - 5g Fat

Ohhh.. I need to try this..
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Bump to have in my feed.
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    breakfast:
    chobani fruited yogurt (around 140 calories). high in calcium. even higher in protein!
    mixed with bran buds (All Bran). (80 calories). Half of your dietary fiber for the day.
    to round off the 300 calories...some fruit or a hard boiled egg.
  • skendrick0601
    skendrick0601 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    OOOOOOO I had the best breakfast today and it came out to 262 calories. I stayed satisfied from 7 until noon! It's kind of long, stick with me.

I started with this recipe I call breakfast egg stuff (because my creativity is lacking). I put this in the recipe builder. Each "egg thing" comes out to 45 cals. Here's the recipe:

6 egg whites
    3 eggs
    Water (enough that when you scramble the eggs it makes them fluffy. Prob about 1/4 c)
    Salt & pepper to taste (I prob used 1/2 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper)
    1/2 cup each diced red bell pepper; green bell pepper; and onion
    4 links - Morning star veggie sausage links - heated

Heat oven to 350
    Take a cupcake tin (the size that makes 12 regular cupcakes) and spray with Pam
    Beat eggs & egg whites. Add water and beat some more (I'm singing Michael Jackson's "Beat It" right now! I'm so old)
    Add salt, pepper, & chopped veggies
    Heat the sausage links according to package directions. Cut it into pieces.

Divide the sausage pieces among the 12 sections. Ladle the egg mixture into each section filling about 3/4 full. Use your judgement. This mixture made 12 "egg things".

Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until done in the middle.

(I did all of that yesterday and stuck them in the fridge for quick breakfasts or a protein filled snack. Hey-45 cals! That rocks!

OK, so this morning I heated two "egg things" in the microwave for 30 secs. I took a Basil Tomato Flat Out (google it for proper name. They are 90 cals each). I heated the flat out for about 20 seconds. I then took a Lt. laughing cow cheese wedge (35 cal) and spread it on the flat out. I took 1/4 of an avocado, squeezed some lime juice on it and smashed it onto the cheese. I added a few spinach leaves and then squashed the two "egg things" on top. I rolled it and ate it!

Yum!

(and now you know why I'm not a professional writer, but rather an accountant)!
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I eat instant oatmeal (generally just buy the lower sugar maple brown sugar Quaker instant packets but you can go with plain as well) with 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, 1/8 cup of unsweetened coconut milk, and two tbsp of PB2. It comes out to under 200 calories and tastes delicious
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burrito -

Carb balance flour tortilla (120 kcals, TONS of fiber)
    as many egg beaters as I want or 2 whole eggs, scrambled. (140 kcals or less)
    2-3 slices of ham or turkey (50-60 kcals)

Add in some salsa or hot sauce.

Lots of protein and fiber Low sugar.