That one weird thing your pet does.....

Options

Replies

• eilea73
    eilea73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Our Shepherd mix has such a high prey drive that he chases the dust he sees floating in the air when the sun shines through our windows! He also eats stink bugs (then pukes).

Our Doberman breaks into our bedroom like she's the police---she runs full force down the hallway, and when she gets to the bedroom door she smacks both paws up on the door with all of her might and BAM! she busts right in!!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    She knuzzles her blanket while she sleeps.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I don't need a fly swatter because my puggle, Bentley, is an epic fly&bug hunter
    also he farts, and then smells where his bum was, and then walks away in disgust at the smell of his own product. his mom and dad's farts, and the kitty's litter, however, are a delicacy!

also, I can make him go "OOOOOOO!!!" really loud if I work him up to it. If I start by going "oooooo Bentley!" really quiet in his ear, and then progressively go "oooo! OOO!" then he throws his head back and goes OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. like a beagle :)

My puggle does the same thing with the farts. When it is time to poop, lie down, or eat, he circles. The more he wants it the faster he circles and it is always counter clockwise. Tried to change it by helping him and he look at us like we were crazy! He also has severe separation anxiety...from my husband. If left alone he leaves things alone, if left with me, he howls like a beagle, cries, barks, attacks my two cats, tries to clean out the litter boxes, tip over garbage cans, and eats my husbands underwear.

My almost 20 year old cat when hungry gets very loud. It sounds like he is yelling NOW!
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My younger cat will lay on his back, twist his body like a parentheses, stick his paws in the air and look to the side, and just lay there like that. He does the weirdest poses. :laugh:

My cat does this same thing. It is so cute that you just have to try and rub his belly, but the second your hand touches belly, all four paws clamp down and attack your hand. It is like a bear trap.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    12 year old 100 pound lab with a congenital heart defect. Not supposed to live a year - still here! Thanks goodness.

Over the years:

Anything out of place in the yard or in the house barks like crazy until he's close enough to smell it

2 weeks ago, started a ritual in coming back in up his ramp - he makes several "attempts" before actually coming up. Up, down, up, down.

This week? Will not cross wood or tile floors. I had to put out throw rugs like islands so he can maneuver through the house.

HAS to eat at 4pm. If I have not started cooking, he will sit and stare at me until I get up and go in the kitchen.

Really too many to list here. :noway:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    <
    My English Bulldog is scared of everything....boxes, bubble wrap, blankets, the mat under his food bowl, vacuums...you name it. If something is blocking his path that he is scared of he'll whine and bark until you move it for him and when you do he runs by really quickly while looking back at the "scary item". He's such a chicken. Terrible guard dog.

The other weird thing he does once in a while when I take him out for a walk is he will hump the air. Seriously.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    My German Shepherd does the counter clockwise circles when he wants to go outside.

He also has this thing with sticks. Not really sticks but more like blocks of wood and 2x4's. Those are his favorite things to play with. He'll go outside and push them around through his legs while growling and barking at it. Also, he needs to know that you're watching him. If you're not he'll bark at you until you say "I'm watching you! Go get your stick!" Then he goes ape and it's game on. Also if you tell him you're watching him (or do the fingers to the eyes thing) he'll run off to go play with his stuff, stop mid-play and look to make sure you're watching.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I had a wolf-dog who used to slap the end of his nose with his tongue. Repeatedly. For a long time. it was funny at first but got pretty annoying!

My current three dogs (all GSPs) think it's hilarious to sit in my lap and wait until I'm talking and then lick inside my mouth. It's gross!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    <
    Got one more: English Bulldogs are known for being farters so my dog is no exception. Sometimes you hear them, sometimes you smell them. He likes to fart either when we are at the dinner table eating or when we are sitting down watching TV at night. Everytime he farts my husband yells at him, "Hulk you cow" and everytime single time he will get up and walk to his kennel and lay down inside. He was never taught to do this, but it is just hilarious as he always does this walk of shame.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    12 year old 100 pound lab with a congenital heart defect. Not supposed to live a year - still here! Thanks goodness.

Over the years:

Anything out of place in the yard or in the house barks like crazy until he's close enough to smell it

2 weeks ago, started a ritual in coming back in up his ramp - he makes several "attempts" before actually coming up. Up, down, up, down.

This week? Will not cross wood or tile floors. I had to put out throw rugs like islands so he can maneuver through the house.

HAS to eat at 4pm. If I have not started cooking, he will sit and stare at me until I get up and go in the kitchen.

Really too many to list here. :noway:

My Lab mix knows when it's 6 am and 4 pm. His clock's been off a little lately, he's been barking around 3:30 to be fed. If you forget to give him a treat after his second morning outing, he'll stand in front of the fridge and bark to remind you. My other dog never barks, she just goes with the flow. :smile:
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Our cat Callie will meow and paw at the bathroom door until you let her in, then she'll prance around some, get petted and turn around and demand to be let back out, as soon as she's out the process will repeat, don't get it AT ALL

Our dog Nixon (Rottweiler/Shepard Mix) - oh Lord I could go on for ages, but some highlights are that he likes to rub up again the couch or our recliner with his head and BAM plop down on the floor, it's the funniest thing in the world; if my husband is rough-housing with the kids he'll come over and bark at them with his ears up and tail wagging demanding to be played with too; he rolls around on the floor rubbing his hips and shoulders back & forth to scratch the top of his back - if that doesn't work he'll come over to either me or my husband and just turn his backside to use and look over his shoulder practically begging to be scratched; lastly he won't eat until you give him permission - he'll just stand there staring at you and his bowl of food - won't touch it until you say "Go ahead Nixon, Eat" it's kind of funny actually

Our other two cats don't really have any nuances other than Pickles (the youngest) does this reach paw stretch back thing when she wants to be petted, then it's only on her head between the ears, anywhere else and she'll walk away - only to come back and repeat; she'll also smack our faces when we pick her up - she really hates being held.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    We have a Jack Russel and for some reason he chews his nails. I saw him doing it the first time and researched it. Supposedly they do that when their nails are too long so since then I have made sure that I keep them trimmed as short as I can without hurting him and he still constantly chews them! I don't have any idea why!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    My cat loves cilantro and she can eat loads of it. When she smells it in the shopping bag she dives right in and starts digging through the bags to find it. And if we open the fridge she'd often climb in quickly and start gnawing on it.

I know they need to eat some herbs or grass sometimes for digestion... So I let her have some every now and then.

Edit: she also likes to chase her food. Instead of just eating the food in her bowl she bats it around in her paws and chases it and then she catches and eats it.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My dog opens the backdoor to let himself in. He's only 5 months old but he's so smart. Its just weird how he knows how to do it hahaha.

2jeuzko.png

Oh he is cute. Is he Choc lab? I had to put my Choc lab down a couple of months ago. Still hurts.

But my cat, who was a stray that stayed, buries her food after she has eaten. Like she is saving it for leftovers.:ohwell:
  • tegalicious
    Options
    My chihuahua frequently does the back legs are paralyzed army crawl through the house. It is his favorite way to move. He also goes crazy if you ask him if he wants to go see L. Ron Hubbard. Runs around the house all crazy like.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Kitty thats now in heaven: could open the door and let himself into bathroom even when we locked it. Every time I took a shower he would let himself in, then jump from toilet, to towel rack, to top of shower (we had sliding glass doors on a track) and just watch me. Every. Single. Time. He also loved hair ties and would fetch them like a dog and return them to be fetched again. He also loved to get them under the refridgerator. When we moved the fridge after he passed we found about a 100 hair ties!

Dog: Does not allow me to dance. She will bark and nip at my feet. She also does the ball under the couch thing and attacks the vacuum cleaner. She goes crazy when she hears a door bell, even if its one of the neighboors and not mine OR if its just on TV!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Another about my lab Sam: He has 11 different toys, named Duckie, Blue Bone, Bone, Lambie, Elfie (elf), Effie (elephant), Monkey, Sockie, Red Dog, (gi)Raffie & Peppie (skunk).

He knows all their names and can get the correct "baby" when you ask him to. On Wash Day - he sits in the laundry room until they are out of the dryer.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Our cat, Joey, took a dump in the sink last week. He's almost 10 years old and has never done that before.

My wife loves that cat, otherwise, it would have gone for a ride that day.

That is great! lol
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    My hedgehog chews on my hair and then sleeps in it.

My guinea pigs freak the heck out when they hear me open the fridge, because they think I might be bringing them a treat. And if I open the produce drawer, they lose their minds. It's hilarious.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Another about my lab Sam: He has 11 different toys, named Duckie, Blue Bone, Bone, Lambie, Elfie (elf), Effie (elephant), Monkey, Sockie, Red Dog, (gi)Raffie & Peppie (skunk).

He knows all their names and can get the correct "baby" when you ask him to. On Wash Day - he sits in the laundry room until they are out of the dryer.

So cute :)

My last cat Pinky came to live with us when my daughter was 5. When she started bathing on her own we left the bathroom door open and I would check on her every minute or so at first, then calmed down as she got older of course. Pinky would sit outside the bathroom and look at me with horror on his face and back to my daughter and back to me, like he saying "OMG she is in water get her out, save her" he would calm down when she got out.