2200 calories a day

Options
So I'm trying to hit 2200 calories a day. But I'm getting tired of eating so much, I would rather just quickly chug a meal. Can I just drink 16 protein shakes? According to my calculations that would be about 2200. It would be 16 fat/ 48 carbs/ 480 protein. Would all that protein get me super ripped. (Which is my goal) How healthy is this? Advice? Thx

Replies

• Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Don't forget a multi and fish oil to round it off. Maybe run some spinach thru the juicer too.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think you'd be very satisfied drinking your meals. Why don't you eat more calorie dense foods? And 480 g of protein???
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit, Scumbag. Sounds legit...
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i see great things for this thread...

2013-real-estate-crystal-ball-300x285.jpg
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    2poqq35.png

you can't see it, but that little red portion I circled says not to do what you suggest on a comparable product...
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Eating is not only about the macros and the cals......

The different micronutrients in a varied diet are important. And 480g protein / day.... probably not healthy longterm. Your liver and kidneys would probably go into overdrive.

If you want more cals in less food, do some research on healthy fat sources....nuts, olive oil, seeds, avocado etc. A hand full of nuts has about 200cals, lots of micronutrients, healthy fats and protein. And certainly tastes better than a protein shake.
  • allen_ac
    allen_ac Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit, Scumbag. Sounds legit...

l0lwut ...IKR
  • jillstoner1977
    jillstoner1977 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea...see below from MedicineNet.com...The recommended amount of protein daily for an adult male is only 56 grams, and excess amounts can lead to trouble:

The recommended amount of protein consumption is about 10%-35% of your daily calories. Adult women need, on average, 46 grams of protein a day, while adult men need about 56 grams. A 3-ounce portion of meat has about 21 grams of protein, and 8 ounces of yogurt has about 11 grams. One cup of dry beans contains about 16 grams of protein.

Consuming excess protein in the diet (over 35% of total calories), especially with carbohydrate restriction, can lead to the buildup of toxic ketones, substances made when the body uses its own fat cells for fuel in the absence of sufficient carbohydrates. Ketones can harm the kidneys as they try to excrete these substances. This is accompanied by a corresponding loss of water through the kidneys, leading to dehydration.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think you'd be very satisfied drinking your meals. Why don't you eat more calorie dense foods? And 480 g of protein???

Been eating chicken and broccoli for like a year. So sick of it.

Take a cooking class!
  • allen_ac
    allen_ac Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you honestly want advice and not taking the piss out of people .....lol

Maybe first of all you should look up what protein poisoning is, I've heard of it a couple times, not exactly sure what the details of it are, but I'd assume that would be something associated with doing exactly what you are wanting to do

Secondly 2200 calories still 2200 calories, so whether you eat your food or get it from protein shakes (which you are missing all your vitamins, minerals and fibre) then not only will you suffer your body with deficiency and ability to function at full capacity but you are still going to get the results in terms of body composition because you are eating the same total net calories per week. Plus you'd probably somehow stall on fat loss with the lack of nutrients IMO

*EDIT*
    I'm only 2,200 calories,

On a good day I'll fit in

Eggs, eggwhites, toast, oatmeal, big green smoothie, chicken parma dinner, it's much more tasty than a chicken / broccoli diet and not quite to the point where you need to cook like crazy as well, very manageable. Find your foods that you enjoy that are moderately capable to fit into your 2,200 calories instead of just restricting everything and going chicken and broccoli all day all night, you'll be much more thankful of your diet and enjoy it
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea...see below from MedicineNet.com...The recommended amount of protein daily for an adult male is only 56 grams, and excess amounts can lead to trouble:

The recommended amount of protein consumption is about 10%-35% of your daily calories. Adult women need, on average, 46 grams of protein a day, while adult men need about 56 grams. A 3-ounce portion of meat has about 21 grams of protein, and 8 ounces of yogurt has about 11 grams. One cup of dry beans contains about 16 grams of protein.

Consuming excess protein in the diet (over 35% of total calories), especially with carbohydrate restriction, can lead to the buildup of toxic ketones, substances made when the body uses its own fat cells for fuel in the absence of sufficient carbohydrates. Ketones can harm the kidneys as they try to excrete these substances. This is accompanied by a corresponding loss of water through the kidneys, leading to dehydration.

Lol! 46 grams of protein for a woman???? I eat 150-170 ....

OP, what about fiber? You're going to be so constipated ....
  • Levesque_7
    Options

Been eating chicken and broccoli for like a year. So sick of it.

what about turkey, eggs, beef, seafood, etc? there are more things out there besides chicken and broccoli. I can see why you are sick of it. Change it up a bit, that's what i try to do.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Why not eat more calorie dense foods????
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

326.gif
  • _John_
    Options
    Why not eat more calorie dense foods????

I'm going to assume this is a troll post from a user who (obviously) knows better until I see further evidence. I tried (less democratically) to alert noobies to this earlier in the thread.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Lol! 46 grams of protein for a woman???? I eat 150-170 ....

OP, what about fiber? You're going to be so constipated ....

I get 150-160. Quest bars have 17 g of fiber. Dig in! :wink:
  • _John_
    Options

I get 150-160. Quest bars have 17 g of fiber. Dig in! :wink:

you're going to....metabolize almost all of that protein using some for cellular function and muscle repair, convert some to carbohydrates for use as energy and excrete the waste products and be (likely) adequately nourished...