What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    "Dark Witch", the first book in the O'Dwyer trilogy by Nora Roberts. I usually can't stand her writing, but I have to admit that's she's got me hooked on this one. The perfect balance of Magic & reality...and it takes place in Ireland, so I'm sold. LOL
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    "Dark Witch", the first book in the O'Dwyer trilogy by Nora Roberts. I usually can't stand her writing, but I have to admit that's she's got me hooked on this one. The perfect balance of Magic & reality...and it takes place in Ireland, so I'm sold. LOL

I so want to read those books! They are in my ever-growing To Be Read Pile!

For now though I am reading an Indie Book Called Taming Jenna - It's a historical adventure/romance book about a female bounty hunter and a gunslinger both going after the same man and the twists and turns that journey takes them on. About ten chapters in and it's very interesting.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My nephew gave me the whole Vince Flynn series. Mitch Rapp is the main character.

I started it last week. I am currently about half way through the third book. Transfer of Power.

Pretty good.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    ha! I normally love her trilogies but thought this first one was only ok. I liked the balance of magic and reality, but didn't really like the main character as much as I normally would.
  • Hunnergomeow
    Hunnergomeow Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading "Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith" by Jon Krakauer. It's a juxtaposition of two stories: the origin and evolution of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, & a modern double-murder committed in the name of God by brothers who believed in a fundamentalist version of Mormonism. Pretty interesting if you like that kind of thing :)

When I'm done I'll be moving onto Stuart MacBride's's "Close to the Bone". He's always a good read, even if his writing can be gory to the point that I'm trying not to vomit.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson. Just finished NOS4A2 by Joe Hill.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)

Recently finished Morning Glory by Sarah Jio and loved it!
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Less Than Human: Why We Demean, Enslave, and Exterminate Others (non-fiction)
    by David Livingstone Smith

Death of the Liberal Class
    by Chris Hedges
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Infinite Jest - David Foster Wallace
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt is my current read - excellent!

Other books I enjoyed recently: Tigers in Red Weather, Gone Girl, The Night Circus, Where'd You Go Bernadette.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Insurgent, it's the second book in the Divergent Series. I am also reading Made to Crave which is a bible study we are doing at church. Next week I will begin reading my Financial Statement Analysis book for school BLAH!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I am reading two books:

The Digital Photography Book: The Step-by-Step Secrets for How to Make Your Photos Look Like the Pros (Part 1) by Scott Kelby

and

Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard

I have to say I didn't know much about President Garfield until starting the book. It is really good. It really shows what the times were like then and holds your attention.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Got to get some of these!
  • mhickey31
    Options
    I just finished "The 100 year old man who climbed out the window and dissapeared", by Jonas Jonason.
    Right now I'm reading "The Ideal Man" by Julie Garwood!
  • dejamos
    dejamos Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A Tramp Abroad by Mark Twain and Our Lady of the Fowers by Jean Genet
  • GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The Life of Dorian Gray
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Police by jo nesbo
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Earth Unaware by Orson Scott Card. Read the Ender series long ago, as well as all of the Bean series, Book of Gifts and Ender in Exile. Now on to the prequels.

Oooooh you'll love earth afire. I really liked it.

Currently reading Wildside by Steven Gould. I really liked the Jumper trilogy so thought i would try some of his other books.
  • focknfree
    focknfree Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Super Self by Charles Givens