in before lock.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I think it is a great way for additional revenue for the state
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    seriously though, I'm more interested in the cannabis medical research,hemp textile and industrial business's that'll come out of this under the new laws over casual weed smoking.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    should be nationwide
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Legalize it, tax the ever loving hell out of it, and then lower my taxes to make it affordable for me to live.

Boom. Our economy just got fixed.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    It will soon be the 'norm' rather than the exception. Hope people will prepare the herb the way it is supposed to be prepared>>> A Tea or Juiced. The Healthiest and best results. Smoking almost anything is getting Toxins and more negative results. Check out YouTube on how to Tea this wonderful herb.

Hope greater distribution will bring lower legal prices like alcohol...buy what you can afford.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    About freaking time! Make it legal everywhere, tax the hell out of it, solve the debt crisis.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I personally think they should legalize everything.

There is no reason why government should worry about what I want or don't want. I can decide that for myself.

If cocaine were to be legal tomorrow, I promise you I wouldn't suddenly change my mind and start using because I choose not to in my life.

Of course if you wanted to, its your life.

To each his own.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Good! The idea that there are people in prison over this dumbass weed makes me sick. I will never try it, but I'm tired of seeing American lives destroyed over it. It makes my blood boil when I see the DEA patting their own backs in Denver over such a stupid drug, when the reality is that they are simply too terrified to go fight the cartels along the southern border, yet they have to justify their salaries somehow...

Like summertime_girl and all the rest said... Make it legal, tax it up!
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    There are so many usess for Hemp you should look them up on youtube, the forbidden cure is my fav
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I live in Colorado
    We have a weed and sushi restaurant. - http://www.grubstreet.com/2014/01/hapa-sushi-colorado.html
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I am 100% against taxing anything.

Government takes enough of my salary.

Legalize it, let people grow it for personally use.

Government doesn't need to be spending anymore of my money, they do a terrible job of it.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    it will be legal in Canada allll of Canada soon

I can sense it

wooo cant wait
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Look up the forbidden cure on youtube
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because it is 4/20 :drinker:
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Doesn't get my vote.

Personally I think pot is a highly addictive substance that is often times a gateway to harder drugs. Legalizing it sends a message to kids that society condones the usage of drugs for recreational purposes. I also believe that legalizing marijuana will just create a new base of consumers in addition to the ones already using it.

I don't want to live in a society of people unable to make informed, rational and logical decisions as a result of being under the influence.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    100% for it.

Like Chief said- why should the government control what I do or don't do. Pot is good for some many reasons and medicially is amazing. There are many uses for hemp besides smoking as well.,

Additionally, pot is a better alternative to alcohol. No angry stoners!! And driving UNDER the speed limit and overly cautious would be the issue - not reckless driving.

It would be a huge help on the issues at the border as well. If its legal nationwide, there would be no need to smuggle in the crappy crap. But people could have well-grown pure pot at their disposal.

It is not a gateway drug. Just like a cheeseburger is not a gateway food to obesity.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

I don't want to live in a society of people unable to make informed, rational and logical decisions as a result of being under the influence.

So what sources did you use to make your informed, rational, and logical decision on marijuana? Do you also think that we should reinstate an alcohol prohibition?

ETA: I'm really just curious. I'm somewhat of an advocate on this issue and I like to know what research has been done when people form their opinions on marijuana. Usually it turns out that it's a "drugs are bad, mmmmkay" mentality that lacks proper research.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Well.... the cheeseburger thing is arguable :-P
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    But on the topic... good/bad... who cares? why protect people from themselves anyway (also applies to helmet laws, seatbelt laws, etc)? I think ALL drugs should be legal including the hard ones... they would be easier to regulate, and honestly knowing the negatives, people aren't going to use them just because they are legal, and if someone wants to throw there OWN life away... let them

Pot? isn't bad for you... of course it should be legal... doesn't mean I will use it, but should be able to tell someone else they cant.

Aside from the health benefits there are a lot of economical benefits as well....
This discussion has been closed.