Am I the only one that does this?

Options
When I am treating myself to something I really like, but is still relatively healthy, like my Veggie Crisps from Costco ... when the bag says XXX crisps is a portion, I make sure every single one of those delightful crispy little wafers is 100% WHOLE. No broken treats for me ... I want the most for my logged calories.

Does anyone else do this ... or is this just my OCD going into overdrive...

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I would weigh them. No chip is the same size...
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Nope, I weigh them, far more accurate than X chips= so many calories, sometimes I even break chips just to get the weight to a nice round number, but only when I'm feeling excessively OCD.

Rigger
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I weigh them also...which can also be pretty OCD
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yep I weigh them too.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I also OCD weigh them.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I would weigh them. No chip is the same size...

This. I just weigh them.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I usually get about 5 chips per handful (sometimes less). Light grasp, so I don't crush their little bodies. :)

So I eat 3 and a half handfuls, just so I don't cheat myself. Weighing takes way to much time, when you are trying to take every advantage.

P.S.-I'm in maintenance mode, when I was just starting my weight loss, I was much more careful about portion sizes.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    If I have a scale handy, I weigh them. Not always possible and when it's not, I want every darn chip :)
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Broken chips need love too. Otherwise, all your left with is sad little broken ones at the bottom of the bag.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    If I can't weigh I just eat the whole bag to be sure.
  • Camwill03
    Camwill03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    lmao!! I have been doing it all day lol
  • jessieblankis
    Options
    haha, i do that too! and if there are more broken ones, then two broken ones equal a whole one!
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Broken chips need love too. Otherwise, all your left with is sad little broken ones at the bottom of the bag.

This brings up an interesting point. When only the little broken ones are left, and you don't want or can't weigh them, is there a "pour into the mouth" algorythm that approximates how many "pours" of little broken chips it takes to equal 15 strong, full bodied chips?
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Oh, my gosh, this made me so laugh!!!! We had a power outage last night and I ate crumbs of triscuits and tried to count every last little bit!!!! In the dark!!!
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Yep the easiest way is to way them ! And with the awesome scales they have these days it pretty easy to weigh just about everything !