WOMEN who menstruate. MEN keep out.

Options
13»

Replies

• wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    OK. I have been working out everyday for a little over a month. I generally workout pretty hard. I go to the gym, do P90X and some other strength training at home. Well I'm 10 days late on my period and I know I'm not pregnant (safe sex and about 15 negative pregnancy tests). My periods are usually 27 days EVERY month. Has anyone ever worked out so much that they stopped getting their period. I know I should see my dr but I'm broke. Any input is welcome. And to the MEN who didn't keep out, I warned you!

My sister had that happen. She lost enough weight that she didn't have enough fat stores so her periods became infrequent. She was fine, just had to start taking the pill to help regulate her system.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    OK. I have been working out everyday for a little over a month. I generally workout pretty hard. I go to the gym, do P90X and some other strength training at home. Well I'm 10 days late on my period and I know I'm not pregnant (safe sex and about 15 negative pregnancy tests). My periods are usually 27 days EVERY month. Has anyone ever worked out so much that they stopped getting their period. I know I should see my dr but I'm broke. Any input is welcome. And to the MEN who didn't keep out, I warned you!

My sister had that happen. She lost enough weight that she didn't have enough fat stores so her periods became infrequent. She was fine, just had to start taking the pill to help regulate her system.

That's not a period--it's exogenous estrogen and progesterone that causes the body to mimic a period. The underlying condition still remains. So, I guess you can say she's "fine" in that she's not going to die but her reproductive system is certainly NOT fine.