why did "eat a banana" become the answer for K...

Options
2»

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I wondered that too the first time I logged a banana into mfp. I was expecting like this HUGE amount of potassium... not so much. Now I just don't really bother with them, bananas are okay, but I'm not so in love with their calorie count. Not worth it for me, my kids love them though so I still buy 'em occasionally.

You want to see a huge potassium edition to your diary? Add steamed fresh spinach. BOOM
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, most fruits and vegetables offer a decent level of potassium. Dairy products too.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It's probably more the convenience factor than anything else. Is a banana going to get me my entire potassium requirement for the day? No. But I can peel and eat a banana while I'm working. I can't exactly cook up a batch of potatoes at my desk.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It's the Banana Lobby's fault.

And I'm pretty sure Monsanto and the Tri-Lateral Commission are also involved.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Because bananas are the yummiest source of potassium.

At least in my opinion anyway. I could eat 3 bananas a day but won't look twice at a sweet potato.

QFT

Bananas are full of nom! :bigsmile:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

At least in my opinion anyway. I could eat 3 bananas a day but won't look twice at a sweet potato.

QFT

Well they are yummy and portable....potatoes are nom nom...not sweet potatoes just plain ole carleton county potatoes...

which translate into french fries, hash browns, or you warm them up, boil them, fry them, bake them, bbq them, have them in soups, salads the list goes on...

think forest gump and bubba cleaning the floor with tooth brushes kind of thing...

<
    lives in Potatoe country in Canada...yes McCain FF land.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

QFT

Well they are yummy and portable....potatoes are nom nom...not sweet potatoes just plain ole carleton county potatoes...

which translate into french fries, hash browns, or you warm them up, boil them, fry them, bake them, bbq them, have them in soups, salads the list goes on...

think forest gump and bubba cleaning the floor with tooth brushes kind of thing...

<
    lives in Potatoe country in Canada...yes McCain FF land.

MMM...potatoes...yes

I can't disagree.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Because of 'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids'

That is all
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Bananas are readily available year round, cheap, portable and don't require cooking, cutting, utensils or condiments.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Because banana+peanut butter=chocolate = delicious!

Edited because I apparently don't understand how the shift key works.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato has one of the highest potassium counts, but it is much messier to keep in my purse :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    The answer is cyclists and cramps.

Think about it.
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    coconut water.