Sooo I have ground turkey...

Options
Does anyone have any idea what I could make that's low in calories with ground turkey? (Preferably not tacos, burgers, or spaghetti please)

Thank you so much!

Replies

• snootmaster
    snootmaster Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Asian lettuce wraps-

turkey, green onions, water chestnuts, carrots, garlic, hoisin sauce-stir fry together and serve in a lettuce wrap
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I suppose lasagne is out too? Well, ground turkey makes a nice meatloaf. It could be a good base for stuffed mushrooms too -- add some spices, fresh garlic and basil, some parmesan cheese, optional tomato sauce.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste asian turkey meatballs, hella good!
  • bazookamomma
    bazookamomma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like to season and cook up ground turkey and eat it scrambled with egg whites...Or brown turkey and cook with diced tomatoes and bell peppers and eat with brown rice or quinoa.
  • Jenn010101
    Jenn010101 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatloaf cups with zuccini and red pepper and couscous
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    anything you can do with ground beef

Meatloaf
    meat balls
    broccoli slaw sauteed with ground turkey and soy sauce..yummy
    sweet potato, ground turkey and egg hash
    Chili
    soups
    stuffed zuccinni/ peppers, cabbage (any stuffed veggy)

all can be lower calories depending on how you make it

Do a google recipe search ...have fun with it!

seriously versatile
  • littlelexical
    littlelexical Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    you could make thai turkey balls - they are smaller than patties and you can eat them as is for a snack - add them through salad for your protein - or use them like you would in a greek yiros style wrap - they are a complete staple here (although we change the mince type around often to give different flavours :) )
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Asian lettuce wraps-

turkey, green onions, water chestnuts, carrots, garlic, hoisin sauce-stir fry together and serve in a lettuce wrap

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!!!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I add primavera spaghetti sauce but serve it over spaghetti squash instead of spaghetti. That comfort food taste yet so much healthier.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Asian lettuce wraps-

Sounds amazing!!

I've made meatloaf with it too. And definitely check out skinnytaste.com... tons of great recipes!
  • lovelymsnicole
    Options
    Thank you so much for the ideas! They're surprisingly simple (I'm not a chef by any means). Thank you so much!
  • mrsvanderpool
    mrsvanderpool Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I know you said no tacos, but a favorite at our house is Skinnytaste's Chili Taco Soup! It's amazing! All her recipes are wonderful!
  • Cynnalyn
    Cynnalyn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've made turkey meatballs a few times, and prefer them to beef - so good!

A coworker brought this meatball soup in to work - you can use something other than pasta if you want to cut the processed carbs, but was really good: www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/meatball-and-spaghetti-soup-5-ww-pts.html

Husband has made turkey chili a few times, lots of recipes online. Beans are super healthy too, especially if you start with dry beans. Just be sure to cook them before you add them to chili.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    White turkey chili!
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/white-chili-recipe/index.html
    A little lite cream cheese makes it creamier.
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like to brown the turkey with some garlic and onions then add it into a pot with black beans, red peppers, zucchini and (depending on how much meat you have) the philadelphia santa fe style cooking cream and let all of it simmer for a 1/2 hr- 45 minutes. I may add some cheese to the top of it. It's delish!
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh! i also like to make a turkey meatloaf with a packet of the onion soup mix and spinach added in addition to the normal meatloaf stuff (bread crumbs, egg and ketchup)
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    meatloaf :)