Egg Whites Vs Whole Eggs Controversy!

Options
12346»

Replies

• mikeabboud
    mikeabboud Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Throwing the yolks of an egg seems like an aberration to me, there is a lot of people in the world dying of hunger and you never know where you might end up. I rather not waste food. If i'm reaching my fat % I rather eat another thing, but you would never see me throwing half of an egg to the garbage.

I eat my eggs whole.

Growing up, my mom always used the 'starving kids in Africa' guilt trip to make us clean our plates.
    All of us kids ended up obese as adults. But there are still starving kids in Africa.

Not sure why cleaning our plates didn't help them.:noway:

More of reminder of how good we have it and how poor the rest of the world has it. we worry about eating enough calories to shape our bodies how we want. They worry about making sure they eat enough to not die. Throw out food in the face of this is disgusting. I am reminded of a story my padre told me while working to feed people in hati last year. A boy had come to collect his ration for his family for the day and was crying, our Padre asked why and the boy told it was because it was his sisters turn to eat that day. They freeking take turns just to eat.
  • thatgorsuchkid
    Options
    I always buy eggs, and also a container of egg Yolk, that way I don't waste the yolk when i make my food, and I use organic egg whites, so they use the yolk for other companies which never goes to waste. And subbing the yolk for cheese? That person is quite rediculous, lol.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm pro-egg choice. Lol I eat whole eggs in many many forms, and I also buy the liquid egg whites. Most mornings I make myself 2-3 whole eggs with 1-2 servings of liquid egg whites for extra bulk. I miss my chickens though, had to sell them when we moved...I go through a lot of eggs. lol

I would never throw out yolks though, when I separate eggs I save the other half to use for something else.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I always eat cage free eggs, for the omega 3s and the welfare of the chickens. :)

What do you mean "the welfare of the chickens"? As soon as egg production goes down - which is very early in the life of a bird - those cage free chickens are turned into head free chickens and served up as mcnuggets.

Sorry, not following you logic here, mr knight.

I buy free range, pastured eggs. Even when it comes to meat, I buy free range, grass feed products. For two reasons. One, it is healthier. Two, the hens are outside, pecking away in the pasture, under the open sky. It doesn't disturb me that an animal has a short life. What disturbs me is an animal locked up in tight quarters, under artificial light, fed GMO grain meal, and walking/sleeping on cement or steel or it's own excrement.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Throwing the yolks of an egg seems like an aberration to me, there is a lot of people in the world dying of hunger and you never know where you might end up. I rather not waste food. If i'm reaching my fat % I rather eat another thing, but you would never see me throwing half of an egg to the garbage.

I eat my eggs whole.

Growing up, my mom always used the 'starving kids in Africa' guilt trip to make us clean our plates.
    All of us kids ended up obese as adults. But there are still starving kids in Africa.

Not sure why cleaning our plates didn't help them.:noway:

More of reminder of how good we have it and how poor the rest of the world has it. we worry about eating enough calories to shape our bodies how we want. They worry about making sure they eat enough to not die. Throw out food in the face of this is disgusting. I am reminded of a story my padre told me while working to feed people in hati last year. A boy had come to collect his ration for his family for the day and was crying, our Padre asked why and the boy told it was because it was his sisters turn to eat that day. They freeking take turns just to eat.

And us eating MORE food solves that problem? Come on, if you're gonna get disgusted, shouldn't it be because of the existence of an "I got fat from eating too much" website? (A good chunk of us, anyway). But it is what it is and it do what it do. We have first world problems and they got third. If you're not sending money or otherwise volunteering to help them, which many of us aren't, nothing you do or don't do with your own plate of food would make one dang bit of difference to their situation.