200+ lbs to lose: The fight of my life!

Options
I like most folks have had my share of life challenges and setbacks! But this is no pity party. I've been on this horrific cycle since adolescence and I want off right now!

I have so much life waiting on me to get myself together. Amazing kids, awesome fiancé, positive career trajectory and wonderful faith community. What I don't have, is a group of committed, super motivated, health minded folks to share this journey with! I need some cheerleaders, accountability officers, friends and those who I can hopefully reciprocate the same qualities back to.

I'm fired up but if history holds true, I lose motivation quickly! Hope to find some like minded, no nonsense folks with big numbers to come down from as well! This is my 3rd time here at mfp, only this time I'm refusing to go it alone! I wish you all well on your respective journeys and goals toward Heath & Wholeness!

35 years is quite long enough for me!

Replies

• shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck in your journey. I have about 140 to lose. Feel free tho add if you want :)
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    More power to you!

I am not certain how much I want to lose right now honestly but I know it is over 100 pounds so feel free to add me if you like (as can anyone else).

Best of luck either way :)
  • Memadebe
    Options
    I'm not gonna say good luck,,,,,that to me says that you don't have to do the work...I found that out in my struggle....I will say...On my way! Moment at a time is the way to go...no looking back. Feel free to add me...I'm a good listener.
  • lafilledelarue
    lafilledelarue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    MsDietra, I'm glad you are willing to "get back in the ring." I have a note of encouragement for you, but I'd prefer to send it in a private MFP email. Please check it at your earliest convenience. Sending support and love.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Hello there. You should know that you are not by yourself. I too have traveled the weight loss road many times. I am to the point where my general health is being effected. It may seem like a struggle in the beginning, but each day will get better. I will send up my prayers daily for you, myself and the rest of the MFP folks trying to loose weight for good. I find that getting in the water and keeping tabs on my food intake on line helps immensely. I am not yet into a set pattern of exercise yet. I take water aroebics twice a week at the local Y. Keep in there and with each passing week the lbs. will become less. WE ALL DESERVE OUR DREAMS TO COME TRUE! Keep up the fight.
  • MissTea3112
    MissTea3112 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, I too have tried before using MFP, but always was on the sidelines, never friended anyone and thought I could do it alone. Not this time! With 130 to shed I have had enough and like you am determined to do it. This time I am participating and appreciating the support that MFP can offer and at the same time really loving helping others with their struggles. Feel free to add me as a friend for encouragement and support and the best wishes for you in your fight!
  • asaffell
    asaffell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    <3 this is an amazing goal. I'd love to watch your journey and offer any support I can. I have less to lose, but it always feels insurmountable, I think.

This is your year ma!
  • jennifer_255
    jennifer_255 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    you have come back thats the new start you havent given up good luck on your journey xxx
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    even though I have hardly any weight to lose I wish you luck and know you can do this. your life is a gift and I want you to be happy and healthy good luck all my best stick with it
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I would wish you luck, but I have found that luck has nothing to do with loss.

So I wish you the best in finding your path...

find your way to no fear.. which you obvisouly are conquering because you started to share and make the steps to be here and that is step one.

to finding your way to a place of dedication. a knowledge base is here, once u understand what you need you can open the door to understanding yourself.

My highest weight is 385. I am now 226. You can completely do this. My goal is 165. Which will be slightly over 200 lbs lost when I am done.

Welcome!!
  • goingtodoitin14
    Options
    Hello, good luck on your journey! I have 50 lbs. to lose and think that I have had enough too!!! Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other!
  • txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I've been here and back again a few times. I need to lose about 50 lbs, but aiming for 20 by summer. Slow and steady, right? I'm with you. I just want to get rid of it. It really shows on a short person like me (5'2") So add me as a friend if you want. Any one of you ladies can. I need new support. Thanks.
  • GiantMadness
    Options
    Hi, thank you for sharing your story. Like yourself I also have a lot to lose although I am not sticking to a certain number. I'm currently 23 stone at the age of 25 which is hell of a lot and I can certainly feel it.

Feel free to add me as I believe that losing weight with a friend is easier than doing it alone.

Fight for your life :) you can do it!

xxxx
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have been working consistently for just over a year and have lost almost 80 lbs. I still have over 100 to go. I log daily so feel free to add me.

Good luck, you CAN do this!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,996 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I started mfp in july 2010 and have lost 115 lbs it took me 3 yrs but I did it. I just looked at 10 lbs at a time and rewarded myself with a pair of earrings for every 10 lbs , because 100 + lbs seemed overwhelming together we can do this just take it one day at a time
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Hey lady, your story sounds so similar to mine. This is my 3rd time on MFP and wrapping up my first full week tomorrow. I too have 200+ to lose and it is daunting. Hard not to dwell on all your past efforts and lost opportunities. Trying instead to focus on the positive changes I am making now. Feel free to add me! It is always great to have friends in the proverbial same boat!!! :smile:
  • misab
    misab Posts: 3
    Options
    Like you, I started my journey in 2012 and lost my motivation quickly. I found my motivation last January and a year later I'm down 45 pounds. I'm taking it as a slow journey but just keep your eye on the small milestones! Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other!
  • MsDeitra
    MsDeitra Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the lovely words of encouragement and support! This is so awesome! Perhaps if I hadn't tried to be super woman in the past going it alone... Who knows? What I do know is anything too hard alone has to get easier in community! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Looking forward to rocking out this journey with each one of you!!!!
  • Adarah1981
    Adarah1981 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose a substantial amount, and am also looking for friends to keep me motivated and accountable . Please feel free to add me, and that offer is also open to anyone else for that matter!