Have you deleted your Facebook? Why? Why not?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    No because I need people to tell me my kids are cute
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I deleted mine about 6 months ago after going on and off deactivating it for the past year. I find the privacy was getting a bit much, and the number of people that would be of the opinion that being friends on there and not interacting at all for 3+ years meant we were maintaining friendship/they could comment on my life to others. Too highschooly. It was handy having birthday reminders. That's pretty much all I miss. It still scares me how easily the site tries to make me reactivate (1-click emails) and all my info is still just 'there' somewhere even though I entered false everything before I opted out.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of facebook accounts, one where I play games and don't know most of the people I have as 'friends', they're just other game players.

And another for family and friends, it's a useful way to keep in contact with some people and I'm not really concerned about the privacy aspect because I accept just how wide open the internet is.
  • llonka
    llonka Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Nope, I keep my account to stay in touch with family and friends. Waay easier than calling.
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I deleted my facebook because i spent too much time on it...i did it initially as an experiment to see how i would adjust to not having facebook in my life and i realised i dont miss it at all.. its like i broke out of a negative habit that did not bring anything positive to my life.

I have been trying to eliminate all the time wasting habits in my life abd facebook was one of them
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    In 2011 I deleted mine. After my sister who lives in France deactivated hers I didn't see any use of mine anymore. Before that I was still thinking about deleting it because of spam and drama. Also I deleted my Google + today, it felt good :smile:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I have deleted mine several times

now I just keep my friends list very very limited ..like we are talking only 17 people

i reject even people who are related to me and such lol