What to do with bananas?

Options
13»

Replies

• wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Peel and freeze, then throw them in the food processor with frozen mango and a splash of light coconut milk.
    Scoop into a container and refreeze.
    then Eat.

I did that the other night as I had a surplus of bananas that ripened due to hot weather, and too many ripe mangoes.
    I imagine a squirt of white chocolate sauce through it would be amazing.

Next I'll somehow combine pineapple with it, or fresh dates for a toffee taste.
  • Biddygirl77
    Biddygirl77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cut 2-3 banana into about 1 inch slices, place on cookie sheet and throw them in the freezer. Once frozen, place them on the counter for about 7-10 minutes to slightly thaw and put them into a food processor with a Tbls. low-fat peanut butter, and honey (depending how ripe your bananas are). Blend to the consistency of ice cream and indulge! My favorite "treat" right now.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Cut 2-3 banana into about 1 inch slices, place on cookie sheet and throw them in the freezer. Once frozen, place them on the counter for about 7-10 minutes to slightly thaw and put them into a food processor with a Tbls. low-fat peanut butter, and honey (depending how ripe your bananas are). Blend to the consistency of ice cream and indulge! My favorite "treat" right now.

Mines quicker, and more heat proof (it's 40 degrees C here today...7-10 minutes out of the freezer would leave me with Banana mush!)....peel bananas, break in to chunks, put in a ziplock bag and freeze. Put your frozen chunks straight in food processor and whiz til icecream like. Add ins are great too - flavoured protein, nut butter, splash of almond/coconut/hazelnut/walnut milk, or frozen mango and a little juice, cocoa, raisins (and rum?) with spices, whatever takes your fancy!

You can refreeze it...or just eat it straight away if you didn't process it too much.
  • akanra
    akanra Posts: 3
    Options
    NICE! I didn't have to look far to find my first thought.:wink:
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ha! I put mine in smoothies. Not original but still very good with PB2!
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I slice them and put peanut butter between them, like a sandwich, then I dip them in chocolate or yogurt and free them (on a stick or toothpick).

Oh wow yummers!!
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    cassies banana pancake. :)

mash one large ripe banana and 2 eggs (I put 1 egg though) and whip it to pancake batter consistency and make pancakes.. :D healthy and yum.. :D
  • ricki011
    ricki011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Freeze for ice cream! I've never tried it, but definitely want to!
  • gypsyone96
    gypsyone96 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    not for kids but I like a banana + black coffee + almond milk smoothie in the morning :)
  • lewism44
    Options
    When I was younger my mom would always mash bananas up and spread it on graham crackers for us. It is delicious!I still eat it every once and a while as a snack.

I LOVE this!
  • caffeinatedbookworm
    Options
    Your kids might like peanut butter banana sandwiches! I'm in college and still eat these all the time :)
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Banana oatmeal cookies - mix very ripe banana(s) with dry oatmeal (I play around with quantities to get the right consistency) then form into cookie shapes on a baking tray. Put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes (or longer if they need it). Delicious! Add chocolate chips/cinnamon/nuts if you want as well - dark chocolate chips taste delicious in them :smile:

I'm not going to lie, that sounds really good.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Always the obvious: bread & smoothies

Chocolate dipped bananas

Protein fluff, there's numerous recipes and it is pretty tasty
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I make peanut butter, honey, and banana sandwiches for my kids. They love them!
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I use google. 68 million results just for recipes with banana. 32.5 million for healthy banana recipes. Google never fails me.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Freeze them, they are amazingly ice cream like when frozen.
    Agree. I peel 'em and freeze them whole. Then I add them to the mix when I make a protein (or any other) shake. The frozen banana makes the shake very thick and creamy.

Enjoy. :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Always the obvious: bread & smoothies

Chocolate dipped bananas

Protein fluff, there's numerous recipes and it is pretty tasty

i'm a huge fluff fan....but not banana fluff. doesn't do it for me!! :P